Community > Posts By > Douglas

Douglas's photo
Sat 04/30/22 03:06 PM
I don't think you really _find_ friends, not the ones you would call 'true friends'.

You _make_ friends through knowing and sharing with someone. Giving of yourself and accepting from them. Exchanging views that are compatible enough to like one another but not exactly the same (since that's almost impossible).

What a site like this can do is help link you with other people who need, or want, a friend. That's a step that makes it easy to start but if you think you will just find a friend ready-made and waiting, all you do is open yourself up to scams.

Douglas's photo
Sat 04/30/22 07:05 AM

I have a couple of questions.

But you asked four happy

All good questions to which those owing money that might be written off will not care to answer.

Politics has long been about bribes. I believe it was one of the founders of the USA who said something along the lines of "Democracy will last only so long as politicians don't realise they can bribe the electorate with their own money."

Most people, sadly, will vote for a penny off tax before anything else. To give them their due, there is often not a lot to tell between one political party and the next. Being radically different is now even outlawed in many nations.

Douglas's photo
Fri 04/29/22 06:27 PM
I used to think it was always wrong because I always assumed that it involved lies and cheating.

Since then, I have known two or three couples who are totally honest with one another and have extra-marital affairs.

I remain unconvinced that it is GOOD for a married couple but I reserve my opinion, now, until I know if they are fully up-front with one another about it and agree to it. Every marriage is different.

What is always wrong is cheating, and lying even by omission.

Douglas's photo
Fri 04/29/22 04:50 PM

I might decide to join and pay for YouTube premium membership, that way I can watch without adverts or download if there is the 'download' button, without getting into possible legal trouble.

You cannot avoid legal trouble paying for something if the person you are paying does not have the rights to sell it to you.

If there is a copyright issue with something being uploaded, you have to go to the copyright holder, not to anyone else, regardless of the claims they make.

Douglas's photo
Fri 04/29/22 01:55 PM

...I was more interested in attitudes and and whether stereotypical thinking towards women has progressed .

A lot of the 'progressive' set are quite repressed about sex. It is notable across the Western world that people are reporting having their first sex later and later, often not until their twenties.

But it is hard when describing these things as 'progressed', 'repressed' etc. and giving them negative connotations. Free sexual attitudes have only really been possible since the Pill (regardless of what historical fiction might portray). Is it better to be 'committed' or better to be 'available'? I wander from the question..

Men's protective attitude towards women in general does mean that they are aware of women's higher cost of sex (they don't always think in those terms, of course) and that shapes their attitude towards women who are only seeking sex. At the same time, many men want to have a woman to themselves, which means they don't want a woman who will give her body to anyone.

Which last part isn't that different to how men are viewed by women..?

Douglas's photo
Fri 04/29/22 09:13 AM

Some people's children cut their vote in half, even into thirds, his/her name may or may not start with Pu. :scream:

Ot: word on the street-Math appears to not be your strong point tongue2

When it comes to mathematics, there are three types of people: those who can count, and those who can't.

offtopic

Douglas's photo
Fri 04/29/22 09:08 AM
Really, if you can't even be bothered to spell the word 'friend' just how much can anyone believe you are prepared to put in the effort to be a 'frnd'?

Douglas's photo
Fri 04/29/22 09:05 AM
Most of the women appear to be younger. I say 'appear to be' because there are a lot of fake profiles. Discount them, and the balance might be more even.

It takes time, though. I don't know about you, of course, but some people come on a site like this and expect to find an immediate match. Sometimes, that can happen but it's more like going to a local event or park: only constant attendance, and keeping your eyes open, is going to find you a partner.

1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 17 Next