Community > Posts By > aspiegirl

no photo
Thu 04/02/09 08:35 PM

Neurodiversity. Isn't that changing your mind? lol

No. Neurodiversity is the idea that people of all neurotypes should be treated as whole human beings, not some half-life that needs "cured."

Many people limit neurodiversity to just autism spectrum conditions, but many others includes autism spectrum, ADD/ADHD, Tourette's,
Prosopagnosia, Developmental Topographical disorientation, schizophrenia, bipolar, and many, many more

no photo
Wed 04/01/09 11:51 PM
hang

no photo
Wed 04/01/09 11:28 PM
Edited by aspiegirl on Wed 04/01/09 11:28 PM
Don't get sucked into the Autism Speaks hype!

You can go to notautismspeaks.tk to find out the truth about this deplorable organization.

If you are so inclined to help spread the word of the Autistic Rights Movement/Neurodiversity Movement, send me a message and I'll give you a link to a nice little leaflet.

no photo
Fri 03/06/09 12:48 AM
bump

no photo
Thu 03/05/09 12:56 PM

i couldn't find this on snopes..very interesting-thank you for sharing

You couldn't find it because there's no reason for it to be there. It is a legitimate boycott, and it was just started this week at spectrumites.com If you want more information, I suggest you check out the links that are in the message.

All the information listed about autism speaks is true as well. Check out notasutsimspeaks.tk (also listen in the message) for the truth about the organization.

This is very harmful to autistics, and the whole autism speaks organization is very offensive to us.

no photo
Tue 03/03/09 07:17 PM
Received this e-mail, and passing on the message.

-----------------------------------------
I'm writing to inform you all of a boycott of the Lindt chocolate
company. As you can
see, I've also cc'd the Lindt customer service email
and
I'd advise you all to do the same when forwarding this information, in
order to send a
message to Lindt.

As some of you may be aware, Lindt is partnering with Autism Speaks
this year, an
organisation dedicated to eliminating autism - which, unsurprisingly,
is a goal that the
autistic community is very much against. For those of you that don't
know much about
them, here's a few pointers:

* Autism Speaks relies on pity propaganda and negative stereotyping to
achieve their
goals. In one famous example, the vice-president of Autism Speaks
talks about wanting to
drive herself and her daughter off a bridge, and only refraining from
doing so because of
her 'normal' daughter at home. The negative stereotyping produced by
this devaluation of
autistic lives creates barriers to employment and services (as these
negative stereotypes
will lead companies to underestimate the capabilities of autistic
people), and can lead
to many other forms of bullying and discrimination.

* The money raised by Autism Speaks goes towards eliminating autism,
rather than helping
autistic people. Autism is a deeply ingrained part of autistic people,
and the two cannot
be meaningfully separated without altering the person - as such, the
elimination of
autism is not a goal supported by the majority of the autistic
community. In addition,
their research into pre-natal testing for autism is considered by many
autistic people to
be a form of eugenics.

For more information, take a look at http://notautismspeaks.tk/.

I'd therefore like to recommend a boycott of all Lindt products for
the duration of this
campaign - from now until the 15th of April.

As stated at the top of this email, if you're forwarding this on,
please also cc the
Lindt customer service email ). The more
emails they
receive, the less likely they are to support this unethical
organisation again next year.

For more information on autistic advocacy, please visit the Autistic Self-Advocacy Network
(http://www.autisticadvocacy.org/), autistics.org
(http://www.autistics.org/), Autism
Network International (http://www.autreat.com/index.html), or The
Autism Acceptance
Project (http://www.taaproject.com/).

no photo
Tue 01/20/09 12:14 AM
bwahaha, zombie thread drinker

no photo
Sun 01/04/09 01:35 PM

What I would also like to know, is where were his parents or anyone else for that matter? I would think you wouldn't leave a 16 year old with a disorder alone.
Your right about that.

he was not alone and John actually gave him CPR while the medics was on the way.

What story did you read? I read that Jett "was last seen entering the bathroom Thursday night" and he was found at 10am Friday morning. CPR isn't going to help when someone's been dead for 12 or so hours. And I know he wasn't pronounced dead until he got to the hospital, but that's because a doctor has to pronounce a person dead, and the hospital is where the doctors are.

I'll be interested in what the autopsy reveals. As someone elsewhere has said, "Bathtubs account for a surprising number of Scientology deaths." We shall wait and see.

no photo
Sat 01/03/09 10:40 PM

What I would also like to know, is where were his parents or anyone else for that matter? I would think you wouldn't leave a 16 year old with a disorder alone.

I was thinking that too. If you had a child that went into the bathroom Thursday night and you didn't see him come out, why would you wait until late Friday morning to check on him? And whether it was his parents or his caretaker, it doesn't matter, whoever was supposed to be responsible for him wasn't paying as close attention as they should have been. Even a healthy person could have had something happen in that time.

no photo
Sat 01/03/09 10:37 PM

But, who are YOU to determine this child was treated as such simply because of his parents' religious beliefs?

I'm not religious, so I don't know how religious people are. However, I'd imagine given the definition of religious, I would think that they are true to their beliefs, yes? Well, since scientology doesn't even acknowledge autism, thus he was presumed to have "psychosomatic" problems that were treated "spiritually" _ uh, yeah, sounds absolutely wonderful whoa Apparently scientology is backwards they don't even realize it's neurological, and not truly psychological.

Certainly, based on your last post, you have some form of "personal" experience to toss in the pile here...therefore, you are far too emotional to be objective on the topic, IMHO.

And yes, it is your opinion, and nothing more. However your argument is not logically sound. I can separate my emotions and my logic. Is it perfect? No, of course not. Nobody can be 100% logical 100% of the time. But to discount what I have to say on the basis of being "too emotional" is bull. I could just as easily say you're too neurotypical, or too young, or too old, or too hairy, or too tall, or too stupid to contribute, yet I don't.

Who are you to say I do not have viable and PERSONAL sources for my knowledge on autism? How do you know what my educational, professional and personal background is?

Well, if you DO have the knowledge and/or sources, I'd love to hear it. Then again, if you don't, looks like I was right. So which is it?

no photo
Sat 01/03/09 09:49 PM
Well, it's MY belief that a religion shouldn't cause the death of a child, whether it's directly or indirectly.

It's MY belief that autistics shouldn't be treated like dirt. No more of this bull**** trying to "cure" people when all that's happening is killing and injuring people. It's ridiculous. We're not your ****ing guinea pigs. We're people too, complete with *gasp* emotions AND empathy. Imagine that! Yes, I have EMPATHY for Jett. I almost cried when I heard about him. His parents can go crawl in a corner and rot for all I care.

I don't know where you get the idea that one has to be an MD to diagnose autism. Damn, MDs missed me, whoops! And for your information, I probably know more about autism spectrum disorders than anyone here, so shut your trap. When you spend 8 months researching it extensively (and I don't mean Wikipedia, I mean -real- sources, you know, BOOKS, peer-reviewed journals, and information straight from the autists' mouths - as well as personal experience). Am I legally qualified to dignose? NO, not yet, but before long I will be. And this is far from a legal diagnosis anyway.

Jett is not the first person to die from scientology, and he won't, unfortunately, be the last, either.

no photo
Sat 01/03/09 04:40 PM
In the article about his death, it says he's had a history of seizures, and he may or may not have been on medication for them. Also, all that they know is that he died in the bathroom sometime Thursday night or Friday morning, and had apparently hit his head on the tub - no one knows if he really had a seizure, they're just postulating that he did because of the history.

From http://www.whyaretheydead.net/

"Heribert Pfaff (31)
Room 758
According to the records, Heribert P. died august 28, 1988, during the night from a heavy epileptic attack. He hit his head on the night table. The scientology doctor reports that he prescribed vitamins for his patient -dispite regular attacks- in stead of treating him with proper medication. Such medication was indeed not detected in his blood during the post-mortem examination"

He had seizures, too, untreated. Granted, not all seizures can be stopped with meds, but it's worth a try, I would think o0

no photo
Sat 01/03/09 04:14 PM
John Travolta's son, Jett.

no photo
Sat 01/03/09 04:07 PM
http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=345947&gt1=28103

1. The boy didn't have Kawasaki disease. He was autistic, but his parents were trying to hide it.

2. I'm not all too certain foul play in the form of Scientology "cures" weren't responsible.

Poor kid.

no photo
Mon 12/22/08 09:38 PM

no photo
Tue 12/16/08 07:40 AM

OMG I love you for that Jasmine! drinker

no photo
Thu 12/11/08 09:28 PM
Angel of Darkness, cease this torment!

Sorry, couldn't resist. I've had Phantom bouncing around in my head all day...all week...all month...well, for several months lol

Anyway, welcome back :D

no photo
Wed 12/10/08 11:36 PM

Anyone use cheesy pick up lines on someone just to get a reaction from them that backfired on you?

My Friend: "Please f**k me if I'm wrong, but is you're name Olga?"

Her response: "My name IS Olga Actually" (as she pulls out I.D. to prove it)

I'm still laughing at his a$$ to this day.

rofl

Oh man, that's awesome xD

no photo
Wed 12/10/08 11:31 PM

Meh. You are young enough to have kids. That way you can change the baby's diapers and HIS at the same time. :thumbsup:

ill scared

no photo
Wed 12/10/08 11:30 PM
Edited by aspiegirl on Wed 12/10/08 11:30 PM
I want a hippopotamus for Christmas!

No, really, I miss my girls. I want to go pet Pudgie and Sweetie Pie and feed them apples. And the rhinos, Bibi, Eugene, and Doppsee. And the elephants, Cinda and Steph. And the giraffes, especially Shorty. I want to have a tusk pressed up against me while an elephant rumbles again. I want to smell like giraffe **** again. I want to play catch with the elephants again. I want baby giraffe kisses again. I want baby rhino kisses again.

Damn I miss the zoo.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7