Community > Posts By > TomiLioness

no photo
Thu 09/26/13 07:57 PM

When I was a kid I was belted by a teacher for refusing to own up to some stupid thing that a couple of friends and I had done. I was told that I wouldn't be punished if I just owned up to it and both of my friends had but I was stubborn and wouldn't. Another time I made up a story about how I had had a fight with some kid that hassled me and my cousin and I told this lie in front of my cousin, who refuted it.

These were childish things that I did and I learned something about myself. I guess that I didn't like myself very much, or I'm not as great a person in reality as I am in my own mind. Telling falsehoods is self defeating in a way but the paradox is that a liar is a self loathing egoist. Once you stop believing your own lies and accept yourself for what you are you become honest but it can take years.

Honesty is not always the best policy but if you are able to give up trying to be a good man you can just tell the truth about yourself and about others. Honour consists in not caring what anybody thinks about you.

Thank you for your insight. :)

no photo
Thu 09/26/13 07:56 PM

When I was a kid I was belted by a teacher for refusing to own up to some stupid thing that a couple of friends and I had done. I was told that I wouldn't be punished if I just owned up to it and both of my friends had but I was stubborn and wouldn't. Another time I made up a story about how I had had a fight with some kid that hassled me and my cousin and I told this lie in front of my cousin, who refuted it.

These were childish things that I did and I learned something about myself. I guess that I didn't like myself very much, or I'm not as great a person in reality as I am in my own mind. Telling falsehoods is self defeating in a way but the paradox is that a liar is a self loathing egoist. Once you stop believing your own lies and accept yourself for what you are you become honest but it can take years.

Honesty is not always the best policy but if you are able to give up trying to be a good man you can just tell the truth about yourself and about others. Honour consists in not caring what anybody thinks about you.

no photo
Thu 09/26/13 07:54 PM
Edited by TomiLioness on Thu 09/26/13 07:58 PM

@ Kupra :I know it is a part of life. It has been around since the beginning of time, and will forever be around.
I think every one has a touch of arrogance it just depends on how you rub them. lol.
but i was hoping you could give me some insight of why you guys shy away from discussing that topic with women.

no photo
Thu 09/26/13 07:41 PM
I think all women are embarrassed of their stretch marks.
But why be? most men couldn't care less as long as you carry your self with pride, good hygiene and some class.
after all that's not the first ting they see.

no photo
Thu 09/26/13 07:18 PM
lol

no photo
Thu 09/26/13 07:17 PM
Edited by TomiLioness on Thu 09/26/13 07:20 PM
@ KIK2me:you think?

no photo
Thu 09/26/13 07:16 PM
Edited by TomiLioness on Thu 09/26/13 07:21 PM
@ justme4u2hi: I agree with you on your insight i am not saying women are not liars. because i have seen some women tell some dangerous lies.
I just find it amusing that most men think that its normal, and there is nothing to it.

no photo
Thu 09/26/13 07:00 PM
Edited by TomiLioness on Thu 09/26/13 07:22 PM
@ alookat101 :lol and thats why i asked the question. They are willing to talk about it on a general term but not on a personal term i have always ask guys this but the refuse to answer.. lol

no photo
Thu 09/26/13 06:58 PM
Kupra that might not be a picture of my face but i sure know its my arm.
I have spoken to people on this site with pictures of faces which turned out to be someone else.
I know that a face peeks a persons interest but as you say on the internet are the faces you are seeing the real person you are talking to?
If i were a good liar i would have a picture of a model on my page saying thats me...
I dont have a problem showing a picture of my face but i sure find that there are people that are curious about an arm. and those people actually do get the oppertunity to see my face.
Who knows if that picture you have up is really you?

no photo
Thu 09/26/13 04:53 PM
Its a very common question among women, and there are many different reason that have been given. So i would really love to hear from the guys themselves as they often tend to shy away from this question.