Community > Posts By > Unknow

no photo
Sun 09/25/22 04:42 PM
Back in the summer of 2020, I was seeing a lot of elderly people walking outside with masks on so I thought I'd do an experiment to show something I found contradicted their safety in general. My friend was a pharmacist, he sold them and recommended them but admitted they were a greatly flawed theory of blocking something so minute as a virus. I brought tissue paper and bought a 3-pack of masks off of him, so I could demonstrate my conundrum with them.

After putting one on and heading out in the blazing sun, I did a gentle walk around the block and returned to his shop. I took the tissue paper, still dry from a baggie in my pocket, took the mask off and rested it on the tissue paper. Right away the paper started to contort from the moisture it was absorbing from the mask, like many of the masks I just saw grocery shopping in the; frozen isle, produce, meat department which smelled like...well... you get the picture.

So with this "protection" on your face: how come it doesn't just pass any and all pathogens from our environment directly to the lips and nose touching the equally moist inside of the mask?

Two years later, now "experts" agree with me. It was for the pagentry, the popularity, your 5-Star rating in a facebook selfie. But mostly, following along was so someone didn't scream at you as though you were the village witch.....a phenomenon still with us, for practically everything else imaginable now.

no photo
Sat 09/10/22 04:38 PM
New here,
I'm hoping to meet single women local to Nanaimo, but would enjoy chatting anytime anyone wishes.I'm surprised to see such interactive features on a free site as well, cheers for that Mingle2.