Community > Posts By > Nyteflame

Nyteflame's photo
Sun 02/06/11 08:39 PM
Thelma and Louise.

Three words: Young Brad Pit

Heh, seriously though, this movie was awesome. It's rare that you find a chick flick with a decent action element (exploding tanker truck?!) And it brings back a lot of memories of college for me. The roomies and I started planning a road trip after watching it. We never quite got around to it, but we all agreed that it would be ok to pick up cute hitch hikers that looked like brad pit, as long as we didn't leave him alone with the money.

Nyteflame's photo
Sun 02/06/11 08:33 PM
It belonged tot he birds from the start.

Nyteflame's photo
Sun 02/06/11 12:19 PM
Black snakes, while not poisonous, can get a bit aggressive. Even a snake lover would be right to back off from a 6 footer. Good thing about the black snakes is they are pretty good at keeping the other, more dangerous snakes away.

Gotta watch those garter snakes though. Harmless little buggers, but if you scare them they can give off this musk that is worse the skunk spray...next to impossible to wash off too.

Personally, I like corn snakes. Pretty little things, and quite harmless.

Speaking of wild critters showing up in unexpected places, when I was in High School my grandfather would put feed out on this platform feeder for the doves. We were pretty used to the squirrels stealing it, but one day we looked out and saw something else entirely. We had a giant rood rat (he was bigger then the squirrels) sitting on the feeder, stuffing his face.

At my folk's old place, we had a mama ground hog and her baby living in the brush pile.

Nyteflame's photo
Sun 02/06/11 11:35 AM
Thanks for sharing this.

Anyone who has ever locked themselves out knows how incredibly easy it is to break into a home in only a few minutes, often without doing any significant or noticeable damage, or making much noise.

The noisy dog and the wasp spray are great ideas!
I'm not sure about the car alarm, when you are in the parking lot, yes, that works, but setting it off from the home might not do much, most people will look towards the car, rather then the house (of course, my parking situation is such that my car is not usually right next to my house. Those of you with proper driveways might find it more useful.

As for me, I love my noisy dog, and while you are busy trying to figure out if she's dangerous, I'm gonna be coming at you with that wasp spray, because I definitely am!

Nyteflame's photo
Sun 02/06/11 11:24 AM
a great explorer

Nyteflame's photo
Sun 02/06/11 11:20 AM
Fall in love, real love, with somebody who loves me back
Own a little restaurant
Visit Russia, Alaska, The Grand Canyon and Monument Valley
Hike the Appalachian trail, starting from the northern-most end in Canada.
Get a tattoo
Design my own home

For those who don't know what a bucket list is, it's a list of things you want to do before you "kick the bucket"

Nyteflame's photo
Sun 02/06/11 11:10 AM
ok, will you explain to this poor uninformed mingle-user, what is "otherkin" and "therian"?

I hate to sound completely ignorant, but sometimes you don't learn if you don't ask.

Nyteflame's photo
Sun 02/06/11 11:04 AM
Simmilar thing: When we were visiting Florida, our folks told us that we could catch the sand pipers if we sprinkled salt on their tails. Spent the better part of the afternoon chasing after those poor little bird (as I recall, we didn't have the salt shaker though)

Nyteflame's photo
Sun 02/06/11 11:00 AM

I swear this female giraffe is gonna eat my hair if she ever gets the chance....She acts like a love struck teenager EVERY time I see her...she follows me....

Really can't blame her, you have awesome hair!

Nyteflame's photo
Sun 02/06/11 10:42 AM
For the most part, I would prefer he make the first move. This doesn't have so much to do with looking for an assertive man as it does with me being a bit shy and unwilling to offend.

That said, on here, if you profile is really interesting, I might message you (online, this counts as a first move, right?). If there's nothing there, I probably wont. I don't talk to people based on their pictures, and I don't say anything if I haven't got anything worth saying. I expect the same out of a guy, which is why my profile is substantial (to give them something to work with).

Nyteflame's photo
Sun 02/06/11 10:17 AM
Steelers, but only because I'm from Pennsylvania originally. Gotta root for the home team, ya know?

Nyteflame's photo
Sat 02/05/11 10:47 PM
earings

Nyteflame's photo
Sat 02/05/11 10:42 PM
What a pretty little bird. That beak is kind of amazing. what do they eat?

Nyteflame's photo
Mon 01/31/11 09:41 PM
I have been known to have conversations with my pets.
"Hi sweetie, did you miss me"
*meow"
"Yes, I know, Mom's been gone all day, I'm sorry"
*Rowr*
"I know, I know, I'm a bad Mom"
*purr*
"No, you don't get treats to make up for me going to work today"

Nyteflame's photo
Sun 01/30/11 09:25 AM
Edited by Nyteflame on Sun 01/30/11 09:26 AM

I know wolves are pack creatures but there are outcasts and Lone Wolves and those are the ones I most admire

No, I totally get your symobolisim, I wasn't arguing with you. I think that's what most people think of when they see a single wolf. I was just pointing out how interesting it is that wo people can pull differnt meanings from the same symbol.

I always viewed wolves as a beautiful and dangerous b!tch that takes no s**t.

Hah! Thank you Krupa. That's certainly how I feel when somebody messes with one of my pack. I get all protective (which makes things hard when you friend doesn't want to be protected!).

Nyteflame's photo
Sat 01/29/11 08:48 PM
I haven't been active for a while, but I had a blast working with my campus's chapter of Habitat for Humanity in college. It's an awe inspiring thing to walk away from a completed house, look back, and remember that it used to be just a hole in the ground. You've seen it's skeleton, you saw it naked, unpainted, with no doors or windows....and then you see a deserving family (who you have been working alongside) getting ready to move into it.

I'd like to get back into Habitat eventually. I have to find my local chapter, and I have to find time to myself for once (work and classes together eat up just about all the daylight I get)

Nyteflame's photo
Sat 01/29/11 08:43 PM

I have a wold on my calf as well my favorite animal and I go through life as a lone wolf just trying to survive

It's funny how the same symbol an mean different things for different people.

For me, the wolf isn't about being alone at all. Wolves are pack creatures. For me, the symbolic wolf has to do with that, my pack. My family and friends, how I feel about them, what I would do for them.

Fireflysgirl: Your dragon and phoenix is awesome. I love what these two symbolize, and it's pretty neat that you took what is generally considered an Eastern concept (yin and yan) and represented it with a Western Dragon

Nyteflame's photo
Fri 01/28/11 11:50 PM
I don't have any yet. I plan to get one...something to do with wolves (they symbolize something important to me), but I haven't decided exactly on what or where.

Nyteflame's photo
Thu 01/27/11 09:15 PM
I can't decide between shape shifting, flying, or the ability to talk to/understand animals. I would use my powers mostly for good (or my own harmless self amusement)

What is the strangest vegetable dish you have ever eaten, and would you eat it again?

Nyteflame's photo
Tue 01/25/11 09:21 PM
What kinds of dates have you been on? What's not working out about them? What are you hoping will happen that isn't?

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 16 17