Community > Posts By > Nyteflame

Nyteflame's photo
Sat 10/24/09 12:52 PM

I think the only solution is to let the serum spill on the ground and to die together, and since you are both in a hole (OP's wording) you should make love as many times as possible before the green reaper reappears.

You would allow your loved one to commit a needless suicide? Considering that many cultures view suicide as a sin, even the ultimate sin, I would not allow my loved one to do that for me. Better that I go alone, then have the one I love suffer the eternal fires for my sake.

Dieing together sounds very romantic, but if one has the option to live, that is the better way.

Nyteflame's photo
Tue 10/20/09 11:57 PM
PA has always been affectionately known as "the Pothole State".

Nyteflame's photo
Tue 10/20/09 11:47 PM
I keep an extra key at home, and have given several friend my house key. All else fails, I can call one of them, and have them pop by my house, grab my spare car key, and bring it to me. I also am familiar with the local bus rout, and could always use that to return home for my spare key and then back again.

I don't carry my spare car key on me, only because logic would say if I leave my keys in the car, I have also probably left my purse, which is where a spare key would be, as most women's dress slacks do not have pockets.

Nyteflame's photo
Tue 10/20/09 11:42 PM
if she wears a collar (even a flea collar) you can always fasten the E-collar to that, it will stay on easier. Otherwise, most are adjustable. If she is so tiny that the smallest fitting still doesn't keep it on, then you may have to do without it. As long as she leaves it alone, she should be fine. If she wont, you may want to call your vet in the morning and ask for suggestions.

Nyteflame's photo
Sat 10/17/09 09:11 PM

Not technically. Found this on one of those question-answer sites:

==========

The crocodile family and the dinosaur family both evolved from archosaurs. They are sort of like sister groups. Crocodiles are not dinosaurs, but are more closely related to dinosaurs (that includes birds) than they are to lizards, snakes, or turtles.

==========

Beat me to the punch Lexx. Dinosaurs were not lizards. Most modern theories hold that at least some dinosaurs (the Theropods) evolved into today's birds. I did a number of reports on this fact in highschool, and anyone who is interested should check out "The Dinosaur Heresies" by Robert T Bakker.

Somethingspecial, by what facts are you basing your assertion? Why would you choose to ignore the evidence presented to you in journals, museums, and other media? I'm really curious about what prompted your post.

Nyteflame's photo
Sat 10/17/09 08:59 PM
Ouch, I sympathize with you. My grandfather used to have me help him rub muscle cream on his back and shoulders. An active ingredient in the stuff is the stuff that makes peppers hot. My hands would burn for hours. I never understood how he could stand to have the stuff on his skin.

Nyteflame's photo
Sat 10/17/09 08:53 PM
Go for it girl. Be comfy. Just don't forget a hat on sunny days. Sunburn on the scalp is bound to be more uncomfortable then the wig!

Seriously, who would have a problem with a girl in peach fuzz? I think the worst you are going to run into is a lot of curious glances. If you don't mind those, then it's no problem.

Nyteflame's photo
Sat 10/17/09 08:41 PM
Edited by Nyteflame on Sat 10/17/09 08:42 PM
Hey, What did the vegetarian zombie say as he shambled past?

Graaaiinnss! Grains!

I love the makeup. I see a lot of zombies in these pictures. What event was this?

Edit: Don't you hate it when you don't catch the typo until just after you hit the "post" button??

Nyteflame's photo
Fri 10/16/09 10:51 AM

I hooked up my profile months ago and haven't had any bites. Any suggestions?

Get rid of the "I don't have time for games" part of your profile, it makes you sound cynical and totally clashes with the tone you set in the rest of the paragraph. Besides that, if a girl is into playing games, she's gonna do it whether or not you make a statement like that.

Other then that, sign in often, sort through your mutual matches once in a while, and come here and talk a bit.

Nyteflame's photo
Fri 10/16/09 10:46 AM
It depends. Did you pour some liquid in, or pour some liquid out?
It's all about context.

Nyteflame's photo
Wed 10/14/09 10:21 AM
Hmm, chocolate; red meat, cooked properly; baked goods, especially creamy things like cheesecake.

Nyteflame's photo
Wed 10/14/09 10:17 AM
I think Heinlein said it best. "Love is that condition where another's happiness is essential to your own."

For me, Love isn't just about romance between two individuals. There are a lot of people that I love. If I tell my friends that I love them, it doesn't devalue the word, when I also use it with my (currently non-existent) mate. If I tell me (currently non-existent) mate that I love him 3,000 time, my love for him is not less then if I had said it only once.

Nyteflame's photo
Sun 10/11/09 08:44 AM
Heaven has no rage, like love to hatred turned,
Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorned. -William Congreve

Nyteflame's photo
Thu 10/08/09 10:15 PM
Scorpio too!
Nov 2nd.

Nyteflame's photo
Wed 10/07/09 10:46 PM
Take a dictionary (or a boring text book) to bed with you, read to fall asleep.

Most of our problems, as insomniacs, stem from being unable to shut our brains down at night. We just keep THINKING, about everything. Stupid things we said that day, witty comments, now hours too late to be affective, what we are going to do if we win the lottery, what to do about the bills this month.

So the idea is to find something to interrupt those trains of thought enough to allow our subconscious to relax and let us sleep.

Be sure you don't pick something that will catch your interest, otherwise, you will end up staying up later.

Nyteflame's photo
Tue 10/06/09 10:44 PM
One of my big fears is falling. I know that sounds specific, and you will probably wonder why I don't just say "heights", but honestly, heights don't bother me. I have no trouble being on the edge of a cliff or flying in an airplane, and I would really like to go hang gliding some day. Tall buildings don't bother me, and I enjoy windy mountain roads with tiny guard rails, and no passing room. But ask me to jump off a diving board, or down eight feet into a hole (we were remodeling a basement) and I freeze up. I had a hard time convincing myself to let go of the wall when "rock climbing" (you know, the fake kind with the hand holds and the safety harness), I know I wouldn't be able to take that last step for parachuting.

Also spiders *shudder* thankfully, the cats eat most of them.

Nyteflame's photo
Tue 10/06/09 10:29 PM
Y'all is a contraction of You and All. It is most commonly used as a way to differentiate between the you(singular) and you(plural) pronouns.

This contraction clears up ambiguity in sentences, especially in imperative sentences. For example, If I say to the class: "I want you to finish this worksheet." Some of my students are bound to decide that I must have been talking to someone else. If I say "Y'all finish your worksheets" The same student now has a harder time squirming out of his work, because I have made it obvious that I am talking to the group, rather then to an individual.

Nyteflame's photo
Sun 10/04/09 11:49 PM
I'm having a hard time seeing the trouble with this headline. The "Girl Next Door" is usually your down-to-earth type. The one who is realistic, easy to get along with, not high maintenance.
Looks to me like his tag line is just a quick way to say what he's looking for. It's no different then us girls and out "Looking for prince charming" tag lines.

Nyteflame's photo
Sun 09/27/09 10:29 PM

I have a guy friend like that, too. Well, minus the dating part. We've been friends for about 6 years now, and about once a month he hits on me and I shoot him down, and then we're good, with no hard feelings. It works.laugh drinker

I'm glad I'm not the only one with that kind of relationship. Most of my other friends think it's weird.

Nyteflame's photo
Sun 09/27/09 10:15 PM
Painting a friend's bathroom tomorrow. Do you have any advice for getting that difficult to reach spot above the bathtub? They don't have a step stool, just an old chair, and I don't think it will fit.

I'll be using a roller for most of the wall, but Ill need to get up there to put up tape, and I have to use the brush around the edges, so I'm worrying about reaching it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 16 17