Community > Posts By > Rick

Rick's photo
Fri 01/13/23 04:23 PM

Reasonable atheists eventually become theists because they are reasonable; and furthermore, because they are honest. They are willing to follow the evidence wherever it leads; and in many cases the evidence comes to the atheist most coherently and well-presented through the writings of believers in God.
Author Karen Edmisten admits on her blog:
“I once thought I’d be a lifelong atheist. Then I became desperately unhappy, read up on philosophy and various religions (while assiduously avoiding Christianity), and waited for something to make sense. I was initially appalled when Christianity began to look like the sensible thing, surprised when I wanted to be baptized, and stunned that I ended up a Catholic.”

This is not factually correct. Just as in religion, many people do not understand anything about atheism. U r one. Comparing atheism to any connection with any Gods is ridiculous. Stop it!!! U sound like a cute Trumpist.

Rick's photo
Fri 01/13/23 04:10 PM

Yeah it does and is. It also is the cause of many wars.

But it also gives comfort in hard times, a social group to belong to, a way of making sense out of a crazy world, and a reason for life to many.

No problem with religion until the religious movement starts forcing ideas and religious beliefs in my personal life. Religion has no scientific basis for its foundation. It’s based upon the emotional state of faith. I don’t live my life on faith I live it on scientific data and facts that are changing by the minute with the advances in technology and science. Live and let live people.

Rick's photo
Sat 01/07/23 11:35 PM
Sure…As long as both partners get to smile at the end. :blush: