Community > Posts By > Mark_the_Man

no photo
Thu 01/09/14 08:49 PM
Right....cause attraction is tooootally the same thing as lusting after someone actively...uh huh....

no photo
Thu 01/09/14 09:36 AM

Any other Catholic lads struggle to accept what they are and what they want?

I don't know any Catholics that do, but I know a large number of mormons who do. Honestly, I don't think there's anything wrong with those feelings. More importantly and relevantly, I don't think there's anything wrong with the full expression of those feelings in the bonds of matrimony.

How can it be wrong for two people with genuine love for another to express that love physically?

Mark_the_Man, it is very wrong to have those feelings and it is not a genuine love.

I remembered when I was struggling with sexual immorality (masturbation) for years. I became born again and I could'nt stop it. Then I was asking questions and most answers I received are "it does not matter what you pass through, God sees your heart." Until I stretched my body, my soul, and my spirit fasting and praying, reading the Bible just to terminate that false pleasure of sexual immorality. I talked to God about it seriously and God saw my heart and intervened and God granted me a genuine salvation for seeking the face of Jesus Christ who died to set me free from sin and to bring me into an eternal place of salvation to wine and sup with Him.

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land - (2 Chronicles 7:14).
There is no way one can quench those false feelings we call love if not through JESUS CHRIST!!! Seek JESUS and He'll take away those devll's properties and give you His own heart and genuine love. Embrace JESUS CHRIST!

I'm sorry, merely saying those feelings are wrong doesn't make them wrong; moreover, you have no scriptural basis for your claim. Perhaps there are some scriptures that condemn man going against the natural use of man and woman, but there is absolutely nothing in the scriptures that condemns homosexual feelings whatsoever.

And define genuine. The love David and Jonathan had for each other is precisely what many of these gay men and women feel for each other, the only difference being the manner in which that love is expressed (although not all that different at times, since those two kissed each other's necks).

You can't tell me that isn't genuine affection, bring me your beliefs and let's reason together, and I'll show you that there's nothing wrong with being attracted to members of your own sex, and that this man has nothing to repent of or feel bad about unless he breaks vows of chastity before marrriage.

1 Corinthians 6:9. Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind (Old KJV),
1Corinthians 6:9. Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites (NKJV).
The scripture condermes same sex / homosexuality here. If you find yourself attracted to same sex, please pray seriously about it. It is not a genuine love of God.

Again, the scripture in question refers to an *act* toks, not a feeling or an attraction. This man has committed no crime you can accuse him of. He has no reason to repent.

At first you said there's nothing wrong with those feelings, but it is wrong having those feelings because it leads to having sexual intercourse with same sex.
I would'nt have told PaddyJ29 to repent while because he didnt say he commited same sex with another fellow. I'm sorry Mark.

It actually doesn't lead to that, any more than heterosexuality leads to premarital sex by force. Everyone has choice, and it's choices that God judges us by, not feelings we have.

no photo
Thu 01/09/14 01:25 AM

I don't know any Catholics that do, but I know a large number of mormons who do. Honestly, I don't think there's anything wrong with those feelings. More importantly and relevantly, I don't think there's anything wrong with the full expression of those feelings in the bonds of matrimony.

How can it be wrong for two people with genuine love for another to express that love physically?

Mark_the_Man, it is very wrong to have those feelings and it is not a genuine love.

I remembered when I was struggling with sexual immorality (masturbation) for years. I became born again and I could'nt stop it. Then I was asking questions and most answers I received are "it does not matter what you pass through, God sees your heart." Until I stretched my body, my soul, and my spirit fasting and praying, reading the Bible just to terminate that false pleasure of sexual immorality. I talked to God about it seriously and God saw my heart and intervened and God granted me a genuine salvation for seeking the face of Jesus Christ who died to set me free from sin and to bring me into an eternal place of salvation to wine and sup with Him.

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land - (2 Chronicles 7:14).
There is no way one can quench those false feelings we call love if not through JESUS CHRIST!!! Seek JESUS and He'll take away those devll's properties and give you His own heart and genuine love. Embrace JESUS CHRIST!

I'm sorry, merely saying those feelings are wrong doesn't make them wrong; moreover, you have no scriptural basis for your claim. Perhaps there are some scriptures that condemn man going against the natural use of man and woman, but there is absolutely nothing in the scriptures that condemns homosexual feelings whatsoever.

And define genuine. The love David and Jonathan had for each other is precisely what many of these gay men and women feel for each other, the only difference being the manner in which that love is expressed (although not all that different at times, since those two kissed each other's necks).

You can't tell me that isn't genuine affection, bring me your beliefs and let's reason together, and I'll show you that there's nothing wrong with being attracted to members of your own sex, and that this man has nothing to repent of or feel bad about unless he breaks vows of chastity before marrriage.

1 Corinthians 6:9. Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind (Old KJV),
1Corinthians 6:9. Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites (NKJV).
The scripture condermes same sex / homosexuality here. If you find yourself attracted to same sex, please pray seriously about it. It is not a genuine love of God.

Again, the scripture in question refers to an *act* toks, not a feeling or an attraction. This man has committed no crime you can accuse him of. He has no reason to repent.

no photo
Wed 01/08/14 11:53 PM

I've been hearing about a stupendous crisis that awaits us.A national sunday law that will be enforced in any country by the two-horned beast that risen up out of the earth(Rev 13).so how soon it is?

I think you've been listening to faulty sources friend. Nowhere in the book of Revelations can this idea be derived from.

no photo
Wed 01/08/14 09:38 PM

I'm 29 and I have struggled for years with these feelings and desires, only within the last year I confessed this part of me to a priest, he like Mark_the_lad explained that it is ok to have these feelings and desires! It was a huge weight off my shoulders and recently I was able 2 tell my brother the same and guess what? my brother still loves me! When I told him I spent years saying Rosaries, fasting, talking to saints and God himself begging for a cure my brother also said let Gods will be and then helped me realise that I received many miracles through my fasting and praying- maybe not what I asked for but God granted them anyway. I guess the biggest miracle was me breaking my silence and revealing my secret which was something I never thought I could do. I still struggle with aspects of it all yet, as I do get sexual urges and try ignoring them but I guess we all got a cross to carry- maybe this is mine. Thanks Togs88 and Mark_the_lad for ur replies, I found both helpful but I even struggled with parts of those!

lol@ mark_the_lad. I like that name better. It suits me. I may have to change my alias slightly. =)

Glad to have helped at all. I wholeheartedly agree with your priest. It's fortunate that men, or in this case lads xD, like you and I are born in this day and age. Our reception might not have been so positive only sixty years ago.

no photo
Wed 01/08/14 04:18 PM

no photo
Tue 01/07/14 11:46 PM

no photo
Tue 01/07/14 11:59 AM

what if sci fi writings were discovered and thought to be actual history and science,,,?

it would be interesting

truth. socially and pedantically, is what is agreed upon,

its hard for a false truth to stand the test of time,, but its not impossible,,

Are you sure about that? People have been accepting the notion of God, Christ and the Holy Ghost as being one in substance, without body, parts, or passions, as scripture, even though each of those characteristics were made up by the Council of Nicaea and the Council of Constantinople between 325-425 AD. That's roughly 1500 years. A huge portion of Christianity still holds to this idea even though none of these ideas are mentioned in the only set of books they believe to be infallible, namely, the Bible.

False ideas very easily withstand the test of time, if they are disguised with truth and perpetuated by ignorance or liars (well meaning or otherwise).

no photo
Sun 01/05/14 04:53 PM

Do you think that it might be possible that we're both honest guys but I've just got a higher sex drive?

Lol, yeah I can agree to that. =p

no photo
Fri 01/03/14 08:13 PM

Yeah and you're only twenty six years old. Come back when you're forty five and then talk about meeting lots of girls. I did all that crap when I was your age and now I'm done with it. It takes years to get to know someone properly and even relationships that don't seem that great to start off with can develop into successful longterm partnerships, although I do agree with you where you say that you both have to be prepared to work at it.

Carry on sowing your wild oats while you're still young and be picky by all means. When I was your age I wouldn't even look at a girl if she wasn't built like a glamour model and wasn't a pain in the arse. What do you know about their looks fading and still thinking that they're beautiful? Go on and admit it. You just got this stuff out of a book that you read that some self styled relationship expert wrote.

Lol, something's lit a fire under your arse old man. Not sure what it is, but let me leave you one last reply to chew on before I leave you alone to your musings.

1. I don't sow wild oats or play women (though apparently you have). I've never had sex and won't until I'm married, I've never been disloyal to any girl I've committed to. I make lots of friends and choose from them.

2. You know what doesn't take years? Getting to know someone properly to the point where you know you want to commit to them. It takes most normal people several months to a year at times. Perhaps it's taken you years for reasons I can't fathom, but you being the aged sage would know better than I so I won't comment further.

3. You know what I know about loving someone in spite of their looks fading? All there f-ing is. It's not that hard to understand. And I've never read a book about relationships so my seeming a priori knowledge doesn't come from there. Perhaps, as inconceivable as this may sound- a person may know something without having to experience it. *gasp* Or my experience is something that, surprisingly, you haven't been able to guess at.

Since you're just responding to goad me at this point this is my last response to you friend. I wish you luck in pursuing love and trying your best to taunt men half your age.

cheers.

no photo
Fri 01/03/14 05:20 PM

Brilliant. You start a thread about how you should always be honest to everybody, get all of the ladies patting you on the back for understanding them so well and end up really saying that you don't date insecure women and you were only talking about the "good" ones anyway.

Your advice is useless. You're starting off by assuming some perfect ideal and it just boils down to, "Don't lie to women if you don't need to". Get real man and give us some advice about how to relate to women that actually exist outside of the fiction novels you've been reading.

Don't knock it till you try it. =)

Sigh, okay. Let's look at your comment one piece at a time shall we?

1. 'You've got a thread about how you should always be honest...' Wrong. I never said always be honest, not even the thread title says that. It clearly says it's *better* to be honest to everyone, which implies there are times when it's necessary to lie. And let's be clear here- I'm not talking about the crap that a lot of guys are thinking of when they mention lying. Let me give an example of what I call justified lying- an army is about to destroy your home and all your people but they don't know where to go to find them. They ask you, putting their entire faith in your answer. This is a situation where lying is not only justified, but necessary for the preservation of others. If you're lying just because you're trying to get out of something for yourself, the problem probably lies with *you*. If you're lying to save someone else in the sense previously mentioned, that's a different story.

2. '...get all of the ladies patting you on the back for understanding them so well and end up really saying that you don't date insecure women and you were only talking about the "good" ones anyway...' Huh? For starters, it's not my problem if people agree with me. As for the insecure part- so what? It's not like I angled this statement towards insecure women to begin with, it's a general idea, so I didn't mislead anyone. The idea that a woman is insecure if she asks how she looks though seems misleading to me. Everyone needs validation, and my point is that in this case in can be honestly given. The insecure part is an angle you superimposed onto the concept.

3. 'Your advice is useless.' Yes, it certainly is for those who sit at their computers and just complain about it.

4. 'You're starting off by assuming some perfect ideal' How is the notion of 'two good people trying hard to make a relationship work' a perfect ideal? The very statement suggests the opposite is true. And the idea that people who consistently love each other is a 'perfect ideal' is 21st century crock.

5. 'Get real man and give us some advice about how to relate to women that actually exist outside of the fiction novels you've been reading.' Okay, first of all the books I read are fantastic. Secondly, I didn't take these ideas from the Lord of the Rings trilogy believe it or not. If I did you can bet there'd be a lot more Victorian elements involved, and an angle focused on aesthetics more than relational work.

6. give us some advice about how to relate to women that actually exist outside of the fiction novels you've been reading.

Fine, you asked. Since the statement didn't work for you- here are some practical guidelines-

1. Love is not the most important factor in choosing a partner, it's about who's best for you. That means considering differences, common ground, educational disparities, age disparities, respective life circumstances, and after spending several months together, coming to the decision as to whether or not you want to be with that person, if you're willing to put up with the annoyances and baggage that come with them and love them anyway. Failure to do this is unfair to you and the other person.

2. Don't care what anyone thinks, including attractive girls. NO ARSE KISSING. Believe it or not, this will weed out incompatible people remarkably fast and land you with someone who will actually want to be with you long-term.

3. Don't be ego-centric, or a mooch so to speak. Be a giver in the relationship, or prior friendship. That means giving words of encouragement, going on adventures together, helping her out as needed with no asking, no thought even, of a reward, *listen* carefully to what she's saying and take interest in her ideas her thoughts, her dreams. Ask key questions like, what is your greatest fear? Your greatest source of happiness? Keep your word. But more broadly, give her your time, talents, and all that you can give without expecting a damn thing in return. Being wary that *she* isn't a mooch of course. Have to be wise...

4. When you love someone tell them, and tell them often. Say it to them, show them being caring for them, and by being above all- a trustworthy mate.

5. Don't. Move. Too. Quickly. Ever.

There's some key thoughts. That should be a sound platform for most folks on the dating scene. There's volumes more of course, but those mostly stand on the pillars of basic principles which are mostly represented here.

Cheers. =)

Alright, thanks for the platitudes. Believe it or not, I'm not completely ignorant when it comes to women though and I already know a lot of that stuff. Most of your points are only relevant to a relationship that's already lasted for several months. You may as well go back to saying that it will all just flow naturally and take care of itself. I don't think that most guys on here want a set of instructions about how to maintain an already established relationship. They just want a TL;DR version of how to get dates and get a relationship started in the first place.

Your suggestions are almost an instructional booklet for serial daters. Where I agree with you is where you talk about working at a relationship. What I don't buy is the weeding them out bit.

Here's my advice. Let the women do that. They will anyway. All you can do at the end of the day is to try to be a good guy and if that isn't enough for them, at least you had a girlfriend for a while and you did your best to make it work.

I didn't superimpose anything onto the concept. Women are insecure about more than just their looks. They're insecure about being dumped by guys that are going around "weeding them out" and looking for somebody better.

Some are and some aren't. That's what dating is to me. Getting to know a lot of different girls and getting serious with whoever I think is best. Seems logical to me.

no photo
Fri 01/03/14 03:43 PM
Edited by Mark_the_Man on Fri 01/03/14 03:46 PM

Brilliant. You start a thread about how you should always be honest to everybody, get all of the ladies patting you on the back for understanding them so well and end up really saying that you don't date insecure women and you were only talking about the "good" ones anyway.

Your advice is useless. You're starting off by assuming some perfect ideal and it just boils down to, "Don't lie to women if you don't need to". Get real man and give us some advice about how to relate to women that actually exist outside of the fiction novels you've been reading.

Sigh, okay. Let's look at your comment one piece at a time shall we?

1. 'You've got a thread about how you should always be honest...' Wrong. I never said always be honest, not even the thread title says that. It clearly says it's *better* to be honest to everyone, which implies there are times when it's necessary to lie. And let's be clear here- I'm not talking about the crap that a lot of guys are thinking of when they mention lying. Let me give an example of what I call justified lying- an army is about to destroy your home and all your people but they don't know where to go to find them. They ask you, putting their entire faith in your answer. This is a situation where lying is not only justified, but necessary for the preservation of others. If you're lying just because you're trying to get out of something for yourself, the problem probably lies with *you*. If you're lying to save someone else in the sense previously mentioned, that's a different story.

2. '...get all of the ladies patting you on the back for understanding them so well and end up really saying that you don't date insecure women and you were only talking about the "good" ones anyway...' Huh? For starters, it's not my problem if people agree with me. As for the insecure part- so what? It's not like I angled this statement towards insecure women to begin with, it's a general idea, so I didn't mislead anyone. The idea that a woman is insecure if she asks how she looks though seems misleading to me. Everyone needs validation, and my point is that in this case in can be honestly given. The insecure part is an angle you superimposed onto the concept.

3. 'Your advice is useless.' Yes, it certainly is for those who sit at their computers and just complain about it.

4. 'You're starting off by assuming some perfect ideal' How is the notion of 'two good people trying hard to make a relationship work' a perfect ideal? The very statement suggests the opposite is true. And the idea that people who consistently love each other is a 'perfect ideal' is 21st century crock.

5. 'Get real man and give us some advice about how to relate to women that actually exist outside of the fiction novels you've been reading.' Okay, first of all the books I read are fantastic. Secondly, I didn't take these ideas from the Lord of the Rings trilogy believe it or not. If I did you can bet there'd be a lot more Victorian elements involved, and an angle focused on aesthetics more than relational work.

6. give us some advice about how to relate to women that actually exist outside of the fiction novels you've been reading.

Fine, you asked. Since the statement didn't work for you- here are some practical guidelines-

1. Love is not the most important factor in choosing a partner, it's about who's best for you. That means considering differences, common ground, educational disparities, age disparities, respective life circumstances, and after spending several months together, coming to the decision as to whether or not you want to be with that person, if you're willing to put up with the annoyances and baggage that come with them and love them anyway. Failure to do this is unfair to you and the other person.

2. Don't care what anyone thinks, including attractive girls. NO ARSE KISSING. Believe it or not, this will weed out incompatible people remarkably fast and land you with someone who will actually want to be with you long-term.

3. Don't be ego-centric, or a mooch so to speak. Be a giver in the relationship, or prior friendship. That means giving words of encouragement, going on adventures together, helping her out as needed with no asking, no thought even, of a reward, *listen* carefully to what she's saying and take interest in her ideas her thoughts, her dreams. Ask key questions like, what is your greatest fear? Your greatest source of happiness? Keep your word. But more broadly, give her your time, talents, and all that you can give without expecting a damn thing in return. Being wary that *she* isn't a mooch of course. Have to be wise...

4. When you love someone tell them, and tell them often. Say it to them, show them being caring for them, and by being above all- a trustworthy mate.

5. Don't. Move. Too. Quickly. Ever.

There's some key thoughts. That should be a sound platform for most folks on the dating scene. There's volumes more of course, but those mostly stand on the pillars of basic principles which are mostly represented here.

Cheers. =)

no photo
Fri 01/03/14 03:22 PM

no photo
Fri 01/03/14 02:22 PM
Edited by Mark_the_Man on Fri 01/03/14 02:30 PM

no photo
Fri 01/03/14 01:12 PM

What about the predatory women that take advantage of "honest guys"? That's the problem that I see with your argument. There's no guarantee that anything will "flow naturally" and you just seem to be assuming that all women are good women.

'you just seem to be assuming that all women are good women.'I don't see where I made that assumption...but sure!

To your credit, however, this argument does operate under the assumption that the couple are both good people who are trying, I'll give you that.

As far as women taking advantage of guys, that's a separate issue that I'd treat separately, if at all.

And there absolutely is a guarantee that affection will flow naturally between two people who genuinely care for each other. Have you known two people who were honest, virtuous, served each other, told each other they love one another regularly, put each other first, turned to each other instead of apart over problems, and persistently, consistently were so over time who *didn't* love one another? That seems a bit more far-fetched than my conclusion.

It's easy to tell the truth to women when it's something that they want to hear but the next time one asks you, "Does my bum look big in this?" just you be careful what you say mate. Honesty will only get you so far and sometimes you just have to keep your mouth shut. Telling them that you like women with big arses doesn't always go down too well and a lot of the time it simply doesn't matter to them if you do say that you have grown to love her the way that she looks, or that she's your type, because all they're hearing is you saying that they have a fat arse.

That's why I don't date insecure women. Prevention is always easier than a cure. =)

no photo
Fri 01/03/14 11:50 AM

Another thing said by Dr. Laura before she got the boot that I rather agree with. Is that sometimes it's best to say anything because the thing you say is more destructive and hurtful than it is anything else. This was a response she gave to someone who was asking if they should tell their spouse that they cheated on them. If I remember correctly it had been a few years and the couple may have been on the verge of divorce. Not very sure on that. But her stand point was that telling the spouse would serve no purpose other than to hurt the other person. It's not going to make either person feel good. It's only going to drive a wedge between the two people. It is better to not mention it and not repeat it.

Well I agree that there are situations where lying is necessary in order to preserve a person where the truth might destroy them, but for the specific conundrum brought up in the OP that should never have to be the case.

That is true. Unfortunately some people are just to stupid to keep out of those situations. lol

hehe, yeah, there's no escaping that one portion of the population it seems...

no photo
Fri 01/03/14 11:41 AM

Another thing said by Dr. Laura before she got the boot that I rather agree with. Is that sometimes it's best to say anything because the thing you say is more destructive and hurtful than it is anything else. This was a response she gave to someone who was asking if they should tell their spouse that they cheated on them. If I remember correctly it had been a few years and the couple may have been on the verge of divorce. Not very sure on that. But her stand point was that telling the spouse would serve no purpose other than to hurt the other person. It's not going to make either person feel good. It's only going to drive a wedge between the two people. It is better to not mention it and not repeat it.

Well I agree that there are situations where lying is necessary in order to preserve a person where the truth might destroy them, but for the specific conundrum brought up in the OP that should never have to be the case.

no photo
Fri 01/03/14 11:21 AM

What about the predatory women that take advantage of "honest guys"? That's the problem that I see with your argument. There's no guarantee that anything will "flow naturally" and you just seem to be assuming that all women are good women.

'you just seem to be assuming that all women are good women.'I don't see where I made that assumption...but sure!

To your credit, however, this argument does operate under the assumption that the couple are both good people who are trying, I'll give you that.

As far as women taking advantage of guys, that's a separate issue that I'd treat separately, if at all.

And there absolutely is a guarantee that affection will flow naturally between two people who genuinely care for each other. Have you known two people who were honest, virtuous, served each other, told each other they love one another regularly, put each other first, turned to each other instead of apart over problems, and persistently, consistently were so over time who *didn't* love one another? That seems a bit more far-fetched than my conclusion.

no photo
Fri 01/03/14 11:13 AM

Mark_the_man,happy new year!.I merely responded to her post where she stated that we couldnt understand her expressions.I asserted that those "expressions" are outlandish and that was why we couldnt understand.I trust she wouldnt take your insinuation serious.You might need the dictionary to avoid misunderstanding my words.Stay blessed

See? ^^ case in point. Lol Ucheaa, it's true I don't read the dictionary that often. I read *books* and learn language contextually. You know, things like Les Miserables, The Count of Monte Cristo, several books of scripture, Little Big, Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, The First Law Trilogy, and so on. It's why I almost never use jargon, and the absence of it is probably why every sentence of yours is drowning in it.

And I'm sorry, but touting God's authority and using it to express a superiority of opinion is not 'merely' explaining why she's difficult to understand. That's just plain bigotry.

Just so we're not mincing words any longer, let me make this abundantly clear to you-

"Bigotry is the state of mind of a bigot: someone who, as a result of their prejudices, treats or views other people with... *contempt* on the basis of a person's -opinion-...religion...

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr. described bigotry in the following quotation: "The mind of a bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it, the more it will contract."

The prime example in your response to Jeannie being this: Your claim to be God (her opinion) is to say the least,weird and repulsive to any right thinking mortal (your contempt).God is seated in heaven,controlling the affairs of all the planets,not on a desk typing and posting (The religious disparity that fuels your contempt).

Your belief is not superior to others ucheaa, any more than your use of language is. And lording that non-superiority over people isn't going to help anyone. Tell me, when did Christ go out of his way to describe other's beliefs as outlandish while he was here? Can you think of one where he went out of his way to berate ordinary non-believing people for their point of view?

You may have noticed that the answer is no- he berated his own. He took the leaders of the *church* and his own disciples to task and leveled them to the ground with his words so he could save them.

I do remember one or two interactions Christ had with people outside his faith......but they involved healing. Not hurting.

no photo
Fri 01/03/14 02:58 AM

Wanna watch a horror movie or a John Wayne classic?
move on over im in for a john wayne classic :D

Can we all watch the Shawshank Redemption after? xD

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 18 19