Seakolony's photo
Wed 05/22/19 07:16 PM
Ink from a squid trying to get away from a barracuda

Seakolony's photo
Wed 05/22/19 10:54 AM
Fishies swimming gayly abbout

Seakolony's photo
Wed 05/22/19 02:40 AM
Crazy fisherman escaped from the Looney bin attempting to train fish to jump in the boat.

Seakolony's photo
Tue 05/21/19 11:33 AM
Zebra shark chasing the fisherman after his hammerhead friends chasing the plethora of surfers in Hawaii.

Seakolony's photo
Tue 05/21/19 08:16 AM
Xon in a surf heat off Hawaii being chased by a hammerhead

Seakolony's photo
Mon 05/20/19 06:59 PM
Umm at 36 you should

Asians don't age as fast....

Seakolony's photo
Mon 05/20/19 06:53 PM
Uninhibited naked drunk sailors howling at the Moon and singing merrily until suddenly the Captain comes upon them on his final round discipling the night crewman for their rowdy behaviors. He explains plethora means many.

Seakolony's photo
Sun 05/19/19 10:57 AM
Plethora of coast guard ships bearing down upon the pearl theives

Seakolony's photo
Sun 05/19/19 10:54 AM

I think China will win this trade 'war' because their leader, unlike Trump, does not have to stand again for election. All they have to do is wait for the next US government which will, of course, be democrat, who will no doubt have different policies on trade.

PBS Frontline did a show "Trumps trade war" the other day if anyone has interest in nonbias reporting. Their thought is China is looking to be a world super power like the USA, and like USSR or Russia used to be and if the "trade war" continues it will turn into a "cold war" that could last for years. Yes tariffs hurt the US economy and bussiness's short term, but long term it could possible lower the US debt by keeping more money inside the US and if tariffs are used to pay down debt (highly unlikely) it would do good for both the US and China. Another thing people don't look at is the tariff is on wholesale price, not retail. So lets say there is a 25% tariff on a washing machine. That is 25% that the seller pays on the $120 they paid for the machine, not the $1200 retail that you pay as a consumer, so an extra $30 on a $1200 purchase probably isn't going to make or break anyone. If you think about the tariffs as a "Sin Tax" like you would pay on cigarettes or alcohol or gambling you can just pay it and get over it, or you can look else where for other options.

Well, your math is wrong, but I don't disagree with most of your reasoning.

Retail prices are calculated using a TOTAL COST to the seller, not on a base cost, with all additional costs passed on as is. So a thirty dollar cost rise wont be passed on as a thirty dollar retail rise, in most cases.

In addition, there is a difference between a tariff on specific final products, and the kind of across the board tariffs being applied in this case. The AGGREGATE cost to domestic consumers when tariffs are applied to a wide swath of products, means that the overall cost of living for anyone who requires those products will take place.

I see that Trump backed off for now, on the tariff affecting automobile parts manufactured overseas, so that's one industry here that wont be AS damaged as others will be.

Again, I come back to the main thing, which is that these tariffs are not supposed to be permanent, they are supposed to cause China to change their trading ways. If China DOES change as desired, these tariffs will go away, and that's why no large businesses are moving to rebuild American industries here because of them.

It's not clear yet what changes Trump and the GOP want China to make, and it is especially unclear whether those changes would make American industrial jobs again pay in the middle class range, as Trump seems to imply he favors.

Okay so do actually think people will buy Chinese products with a 30 increase. I doubt it. Causing Chinese finance disruption.

Seakolony's photo
Fri 05/17/19 10:31 AM
Natural pearls found while deep sea diving for oysters

Seakolony's photo
Thu 05/16/19 10:14 AM
Great whites circling a shark research vessel cage investigating the intrusion in the deep blue

Seakolony's photo
Tue 05/14/19 08:23 PM
Underwater headache poor Aquaman got nailed in the head when tried to protect a tortoise with a prosthetic metal shell. He ran head first into the metal shell during the attempted shark attack. The is April Seakolony reporting live from Atlantic Coral reefs of the Carribean Islands.

:angel: :smile:

Seakolony's photo
Tue 05/14/19 04:44 PM
Haha biatch I won visitation, supervisor of visits and transportation of my nephew. Betcha thought I wouldn't protect my sister's rights. How do you like me now? Can you say don't comply and I will see in court for contempt. pitchfork shades

Can not wait to go play.....right on.....

Seakolony's photo
Tue 05/14/19 08:27 AM

Near sighted Johnny squid here with the tide and surf report. Tide and surf looks high and so am I.

Hahahaha
Razor sharp teeth hunting dinner

Seakolony's photo
Mon 05/13/19 08:06 PM
Edited by Seakolony on Mon 05/13/19 08:07 PM
Miss Mermaid pageant judges panel including Neptune, Aquaman, the Seamen Captain, the Shark champions of the shark fighting ring, and the kraken. It should be an eventful evening and the shell suits should be spectacular this year. Back to you Johnny squid with the tide and surf report

Seakolony's photo
Mon 05/13/19 10:06 AM
International waters

Seakolony's photo
Sun 05/12/19 08:35 PM
As opposed to plastic dolls?
Welcome to the forums.

Seakolony's photo
Sun 05/12/19 07:45 PM
Dungeness Crab

Seakolony's photo
Sun 05/12/19 09:54 AM