Community > Posts By > Tj806

Tj806's photo
Mon 01/26/09 02:54 PM
15 degrees here in tx, been snowing all day.....

Tj806's photo
Mon 01/26/09 11:30 AM
be seeing you......weird quote....be seeing you....

Tj806's photo
Fri 01/23/09 03:01 PM
Not sure but I do know that the moon absorbs quite abit of radiation.

Tj806's photo
Fri 01/23/09 02:58 PM
The Van Allen radiation belt is a torus of energetic charged particles (plasma) around Earth, held in place by Earth's magnetic field

Tj806's photo
Fri 01/23/09 02:53 PM
#1 The van allen radiation belt between the earth and the moon.

#2 The Apollo astronauts all landed on the day side of the moon, and all the videos they shot from orbit were over the day side, so the exposure settings were all for daylight. Set your camera to 1/125 at f/8 (a setting typical of the slower films in use in 1969). Aim it at the night sky and shoot pictures. Tell me how many stars you see. Aim your camcorder at the sky and see how many stars you can film.

Even with the eye you'd have difficulty seeing stars from the daytime lunar surface unless you stood in a shadow and shielded yourself from any light reflected from the ground, for the same reason you can't see stars from a brightly lit parking lot at night.

#3 The Flag Waves
Sure it does. The flag had a stiffening rod on the upper side so it would stand out from the staff. When the astronauts moved the pole, the free corner lagged behind by simple inertia. The flag actually flops unnaturally quickly because there is no air resistance to impede it.

#4 No Dust on the Lander Footpads
Dust on the airless moon won't behave like dust on the earth. It won't hang in suspension. Even the tiniest dust particle will travel a ballistic path like a thrown baseball. So any dust kicked up by the landing will fly away from the lander and fall to the surface some distance away.

When the astronauts walk, the dust they kick up doesn't hang in a cloud but plummets like a stone - literally. There's no air to keep it suspended.

#5 No Engine Noise is Audible
None is audible on transcripts of Space Shuttle launches, either. Nor do you hear engine noise when an airline pilot speaks over the loudspeaker, even though it's plainly audible in the passenger compartment. The blast noise goes mostly out and back. The proximity of the microphone to the speaker's mouth means that voice will drown out whatever engine noise there is.

#6 Temperature Contrasts
One criticism of the Apollo landings was that no provision was made for the huge temperature contrasts between the sunlit and shaded areas on the Moon.

I could scarcely believe that anybody who claimed to have an engineering background would confuse temperature and heat, but that's what happened in the program. Temperature is how fast atoms are moving in a material. Heat is how much total energy those atoms have. You can stick your hand in a 500-degree oven without injury, but touch any solid object in the oven and you'll burn. Everything has the same temperature, but the amount of heat in the air isn't enough to burn you quickly, whereas the amount in the grill or pan will be. Also the solid conducts heat a lot faster than the air, but a vacuum is the poorest conductor of all.

So it may be plus 200 degrees in the lunar sunlight and minus 200 in the shade, but in a vacuum there is no heat. The only way to cool off in a vacuum is by radiating away heat - there's no surrounding material to conduct heat away. It doesn't take much insulation to protect an astronaut in a vacuum. So an astronaut on Pluto would not freeze to death instantly, indeed, with a little insulation to retain the 80-100 watts of heat the human body radiates, he wouldn't freeze at all. It would be much easier to protect an astronaut on Pluto from freezing than someone in a blizzard in the Antarctic. (My car stalled once in -80 wind chills. I was well prepared for the cold, and decided to walk to a gas station a mile or so away. I got about 100 yards when I realized the wind was sucking heat out of me at a horrifying rate. I decided to wait in my car where I only had to cope with still air at -25. Fortunately someone came by at that moment and gave me a lift.)

And by the way, it won't be 200 degrees in the sunlight. The sun would strike an astronaut no more fiercely than on earth. The only reason the lunar surface gets that hot is that it gets continuous daylight for two weeks at a time and there's no atmosphere to carry heat away. (There's also no atmosphere to store heat - without an atmosphere, earth would be below freezing.) Just after lunar sunrise, the lunar surface will still be pretty cold. It will take a while to warm up. By lunar midday the surface will be hot but not blisteringly so, and it doesn't take very thick gloves to handle rocks even at 200 degrees. Geologists on earth work all the time handling rocks in deserts where surface temperatures approach 200 degrees. And things in shadows will take a while to cool down. In the shadow of the lunar lander it was not 200 degrees below zero. It would have taken a long time for the surface to radiate away its stored heat and get that cold.

Those are just a very few. But hey maybe im wrong....

Tj806's photo
Fri 01/23/09 02:47 PM
I dont beleive we went to the moon my self. If your really interested in my reasons why just let me know and I'll tell you. ;)

Tj806's photo
Fri 01/23/09 02:41 PM
lol Internet entertainment at its best ;)

Tj806's photo
Fri 01/23/09 02:37 PM
Ashy larry hahaha

Tj806's photo
Fri 01/23/09 02:32 PM
LOL My favorite thus far

Tj806's photo
Fri 01/23/09 02:30 PM
AAAAHHHH!

Tj806's photo
Fri 01/23/09 02:29 PM
YOU KNOW YOU LIKE IT!

Tj806's photo
Fri 01/23/09 02:28 PM
ROFL

Tj806's photo
Fri 01/23/09 02:26 PM
Woo woo!

Tj806's photo
Fri 01/23/09 02:11 PM
Support Obama eat his waffles! =D lol

Tj806's photo
Fri 01/23/09 02:00 PM
I didnt think anyone else was addicted to babies like Angelina Jolie, but here you are, I wonder if its contagious? lol ;)

Tj806's photo
Fri 01/23/09 01:56 PM

Move to Canada then

You sir ROCK! lol I agree move to canada!

Tj806's photo
Fri 01/23/09 01:49 PM
"Your lookin good tonight, can I get you a drink?"

Tj806's photo
Thu 01/22/09 02:26 PM
Yup, wait it out and see if she comes back to you, kinda sucks but if you chase after her right after her breakup it might push her even further away.

Tj806's photo
Thu 01/22/09 02:24 PM
I totally agree Txgal

Tj806's photo
Thu 01/22/09 02:21 PM
Nope, I dont ever plan on asking, just kinda wondering what everyone else kinda does, instead I get rude replies lol Fun people =)

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 13 14