Community > Posts By > wickeddesires

no photo
Tue 05/27/14 01:15 PM
Good book mr hg wells and fab film that 1960 one Time Machine (1960 one)- where else would thee see a cigar, bent in two, like a human form, travel through time in a miniature version...honest i am not making this up...bit at the start with his peers swilling brandy and talking pants

1. He states that space and time are conjoined; meshed if you like, 2 parts of one whole, or a dimension, an integral property (hmm what does that mean of dark energy thence and the vacuum arguing tomfoolery- anyhoo) I am not sure anyone can properly imagine that, perhaps he really did.
2. Mass or energy will warp/deform this dimension or fabric – it has substance you can imagine it as a solid liquid fabric and so on and err away from the poor 3d representation in 2d format – it exists within all planes 360 degrees times 360 degrees – better you tube that as the deformation of space times is 100% mis-represented in any documentaries thee have seen
3.Anything with mass/energy will warp space time to one degree or another – therefore time varies everywhere – from near imperceptible to near (seemingly) eternal the bigger the gravity well with with a spacial reference frame i mean, I think
4. An argument can also be made that light-travelling perturbs space time – on account of light being energy – and mr tysons idea of a time machine – frankly i have no idea of the built that
5.Currently mad loon scientists aside there is no working prototypes anywhere save crafty mr Tyson’s take on the matter – but then at best that encompasses a neutron or was it proton...how they prove that is beyond my mind.....but his concept require 3 lasers, i think, swirling space time...actually you should, in theory be able to rip open space time with 3 powerful lasers – if anyone cares
6.Where was I
7.Why are you asking
8.An argument can be made UFO, perhaps some, perhaps none perhaps all, are us past present future wandering the ether...ones does not necessarily have to break any established laws of science to accomplish this – it merely requires a different thinker, or craftiness or insane genius
9.There have been many pants arguments regarding the paradox issue and whether time is linear
10.If light is not constant then time may sooner or later come to a complete halt in eg 5 billion years – redshift meh shift...there sure are many theories out there
I hope that helped a little

no photo
Sat 05/17/14 12:56 PM
Entanglement is something different - no time travel needed for that one..Personally I really don't understand that one but its more related to the passing of information faster than light, or instantaneously, no matter the huge distances…or spooky action (cue ghost busters) was the phrase coined by Einstein although he did not discover this ( I am not even sure how they prove it).

Gravity currently distorts time...The bigger the gravity well the bigger the distortion

In theory light distorts time…or is it mass or energy (they are the same) but never ask about gravity
The only viable time machine I currently know is motion (actually everything moves perhaps that is why there is time) to a gravity well, even small one
and that dude, i forget his name Neil ear biting Tyson wanting to build one for 250K and drop a proton or neutron into it..it only require 3 lasers and even then I am not sure how he would prove the proton or neutron or quacking ducks would travel back or slow or stationary in time (never forward)..as light (energy) warps space time
and hobgoblins

no photo
Sat 05/17/14 11:22 AM
Do you mean the original footage from a few years ago with no spaceship, led by our lord lizard king, superimposed over it.

no photo
Mon 04/21/14 01:36 PM
Try digging a moat round it and filling it with some crocodiles from the zoo and peckish piranhas you smuggled out of the zoo in your handbag.

or you can download various trial versions, as has been mentioned, like NIS valid for one month remember and download (the uninstall tool)

i am not certain these all still conflict but your be to do a full uninstall of each trail version as you move to the next- should keep you going for a few months and Amazon tends to have the best prices

no photo
Mon 04/21/14 01:11 PM
Loch Morar has an alleged monster too - Morag - nice and scenic place and tis the deepest loch in Scotland indeed the uk although English foreigners call em lakes cos they are stone bonkers

personally I think tis all pants these loch monsters, or lake beasties, if you prefer that term

do they exist in the sea perhaps in - lakes nope

no photo
Tue 04/15/14 01:41 PM
How many moons these outer planets have they do not know - they really are that clueless.
isn't even the smallest grain technically a planet(oid)..is it small or whopper, or merely a perturbation of nothingness or an errant bit of conglomerate (rubble).

So the article point is there may be a "moon" which may be a few miles in size or is it metres or the pertubations may in fact be down to nothing out of the ordianty

Jolly good article, it is not - perhaps they wrote it in the pub at lunchtime

it would have helped if they defined a moon (and its minimum size) and the size conjecture to exist within the fuzz

I wouldn't give them a Nobel for that just a cuff round the ear

no photo
Tue 04/15/14 01:28 PM
Twere no lunar eclipse today I did not follow ones logic of the number 4 and portents; impending end times hellfire and shoe apocalypse..i do have some snazzy pictures from Scotland’s last one i could upload I guess and mars was nice and close to the moon last night..and it was actually non cludy here – but the atmosphere was fuzzy so I just swore at it and my telescope(mars is due a near impact this year incidentally 1: 120 000 (who works that out ffs- but it will be real close is au terms)
300 years is but the blink of an eye

I did for some reason think there are 3 this year let me check oh its 2 and 2
beetlejuice, not to be mistaken for mars in the night sky – it was wrongly reported couple years ago it had decreased in size by 15% and a supernova was imminentish...they have problem measuring its size btw I myself always start from 4 inches – taking me up to a good 6.
Depending on your source data there are between 100 billion and 1 trillion stars in the milkyway

And supernovae occur should statistically 1-10 (figure depends on how many stars are actually in the milkyway – none has a Scooby and they could be off by a factor of 10 tuts) times per century (perhaps they already have)

Well ison was meh…we didn’t get blood moon which incidentally goes (also) green see pictures…and ive only ever seen a 90%(pants btw) solar eclipse in Scotland and will never see one in my lifetime unless I win the lottery so erm perhaps an unexpected meteor (comet residue mayish I think if its not cloudy and light – eternal astronomical naughytical twilight is a problem here ors shower or supernova beetlejuice is a good candidate for my life time statistically speaking but you have upo to 100 trillion others in this glaxy alone and a couple hundred billion galaxies

Fingers crossed for a light show in our lifetimes – not so much for a gamma ray burst though

Incidentally my spell checker is hammered on chardonnay

no photo
Mon 04/07/14 12:56 PM
No
however there is often no reality on one or two of the participants behalf - tis why most are doomed

no photo
Mon 04/07/14 12:54 PM
kittens why are you fascinated with my feet and awesome sandals and your claws are like rose bushes

no photo
Mon 04/07/14 12:53 PM
I doubt many a sane lass would worship the intriguing fungal infection of my big toe.

There will be the odd fetish lot on here..although I never understood feet worship

no photo
Mon 04/07/14 12:49 PM
I do not actively engage in huffing errant hobo'ess musk's nor do I, or my minds, hang about street corners, or large crowds, flaring ones freshly plucked nostrils

Now, I do like the delicious wafting aroma of freshly baked cake..association thingy.

Personally I value a person more than a bottle of over priced perfume, perhaps not as high as a plate of good muffins

no photo
Sat 04/05/14 10:15 AM
No need to "quote me" on here - I will get the gist that you are referring to I..feel free to put the boot in but I prefer one lobs in some good facts and a muffin – but you could have started 5 different good threads without the partridge in a pear tree

I kinda know what you’re trying to say but I can assure you thrust faults cause the most mayhem you are merely saturated with the ilk of San Andreas therefore without viewing your profile I presume thee to be American...hmm p waves and s waves and the other one i can never remember – was there another discovered - my mind kinda glazed over when I was watching something about this.

No tsunami needed for horrific death tolls - Uk - Scotland we rarely get them - but we get them due to many complex factors
However thrust faults cause carnage, not so much isotatic rebound – well as time progresses after the last glacial maximum thingy (hmm is there not a rock tsunami in Sweden I think – impressive)
Hmm good slip faults LA Istanbul – heavily populated.
You will find eg you quoted cascadia will reverberate a lot long than SA (bless Brian Atwater – I think his name was – and old Indian legends – that did not refer to glacial lake outpourings – must have been about the same time too)

Tsunami (incidentally I doubt thurso oh wait its dounrey atomic plant is designed to withstand a tsunami Storegga Slide landslide yadda yadda bloody vikings and whatever englerlund - Lisbon 1755 – and yes that one is overdue – cascadia perhaps

Volcanism as you also mention that – what makes the best volcanoes – hmmm –alleged lava plumes or are they hot spots – I have quote the two most destructive that I know off = fissure eruptions

Now, I did like all your thread but twere 5 good threads in there

Earthquakes are they related yup – jigsaw analogy – anyone did a spherical jigsaw on here will know even better what I meant
Swarms are something meh

At the time of replying Chile aftershocks from their 8.3 was it – was it 7.3 and bested that 5.1 how many times – LA is overdue too hmm 

Now, outwith plumes(age) you will also find that eg Anak (son or child erm) Krakatau to be the bested volcanoes – thrust.

Anyhow you raise to many points I hate typing more than a few lines – or id writey a book – but better minds than mines have

Mother earth, now I am all for that smoting us humans but again that is a different topic which I felt your twelve signs of witchcraft did not adequately embrace before thee envoked Malleus Maleficarum (hammer of the witches)

no photo
Sat 04/05/14 09:39 AM
I am prepared to believe that neutron stars are real - but whether they constitute 100% naughty neutrons (whatever they hell a neutron is - I am exceptionally doubtful..and I am not going to talk about magnetars or fridge magnets or the four fundamental forces
I know almost nothing about plasma fiziks

The inner gubbins could be as complex as planet earth (still unknown)pressure/gravity being wonderful thingies
short of landing on one and drilling into it with the stuff archaeologists say the Egyptians used to work certain materials with - bits of diortie or dolerite and chaff - it worked for them -

Now in theory a sun is plasma & radiation kept in balanceish by gravity (not that I know what gravity is either)

So in summary, erm ta for the article an okish read where one argument dismisses the other as witchcraft utilising the same logic, theorems, and i am all for observations - not (pure) theory malarkey which nearly everyone gets wrong

Well I did start typing so thought i would ramble a bity:)

no photo
Thu 04/03/14 01:29 PM
Not exactly an exhaustive history, is it, of America experimenting on its own people

cant they just water board every 84 times after they have confessed to being a mad loon

no photo
Thu 04/03/14 01:25 PM
Why twelve different signs of little relation or interaction
There were/are 13 signs of the zodiac - why are only 4 of the twelve apostles taken seriously - holy writ malarkey

However you are kinda alluding to mother earth and meandering equilibriums of an eclectic mix, some related, others not, not even of the whole

Nothing you gave quoted makes much sense to I..it all seems a typical year or decade or era or epoch to me.

So I shall explain one I spose quiklyish.
Earthquakes, and analogy - is whence one does a jigsaw and hammers a piece bottom right hand corner and a piece 50 over to the left pops out

the earth is a jigsaw, a complicated one, there are many faults for many reasons plate tectonics major minor plates multi layered ancient (not sure they be dormant) and you have some isostatic rebound going on too - swarms are something different and bland...thence once has to add in convection and plumes to that mix, I guess.
Chile is the most geologically active region on earth, the now - the now could mean 10 years or 100 000 - not along time span. and has the best earthquakes, to coin a phrase - we have few here but we do get em...as we may well do tsunamis

So in summary the biggest earthquakes occurs where ancient (cooler oceanic crust meets warmer, less denser naughty land floaty stuff (thrust faults)

id be more worried about something like mammoth fissure eruptions of the Deccan, or Siberian traps

no photo
Thu 04/03/14 01:00 PM
This seems like a thread I would start after I had guzzled some cheap Chardonnay - which i am doing right now, dear readers. Although i would not have left you hanging.

The essence of your thread is the earth is a spaceship, well it is in a way
It meanders the known universe - solar system, galaxy, clusters, etc blah - as we arrogantly talk toot about how we know the meaning of everything
i am not sure we can really steer it though, save to destruction; well of life anyhoos :(

no photo
Thu 04/03/14 12:52 PM
Edited by wickeddesires on Thu 04/03/14 12:54 PM
We understand nothing about the origins of life
There are many theories
Including the latest research hypothesis crustal formation took place a lot quicker than their last made up guess, indeed very quickly <300 million years – can’t find the article so that’s my best guess.
Which is before the, yet another guess theia - moons formation best accepted theory albeit there is a mass of contradictions.
It came from mars an asteroid comet blah which could be 14 billion years olde

So there we have it, whatever it is, life may have started many times and been completely extinguished many times via thea volcanism comets yadda blether yadda

Could it have been placed here, yup..by what or who and how many times
But you are alluding to a raft of ancient texts that indicate they came from the skies as short ago, or recent, as 10k Bp (before present)

Seems pretty clear to me they came from the skies – no matter how much one tried to interpret a plethora of ancient texts…book of enoch clearly being my favorite…indeed anything that describes the planets or moons or season from orbit should make anyone with functioning brain sprockets sit up and take notice

As for certain ancient structures, which you are alluding too also, - I am undecided.
There is nothing to say we are the most intelligent monkey folk to walk the planet, thusfar

Certain ancient structures cannot be replicated, to this day, or with the alleged tools they had available at that time – I am not getting into that debate

There is sufficient evidence in recorded history for the alien hypothesis, or that they intervened to show us the ways of the heavens and the stars, and the wheat and the chaff, and the muffins and shoes..as has been recorded in a variety of ancient text scribblings

huwmans are also an anomaly - i mean no disrespect to whales dolphins etc

no photo
Sun 03/30/14 01:24 PM
Only whores can and indeed postulate such nonsense
Nope

no photo
Sun 03/16/14 10:42 AM
Single
with 6 cats

no photo
Sun 03/09/14 10:22 AM
Dulce I have no thoughts for or against.

There are no aluminum gear wheels 300 million years olde

That story is a typical tall tale like eg:
Coso artifact
Dropa stones

Antikythera_mechanism is not a tall tale
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antikythera_mechanism

But, there remains many unanswered questions from antiquity, be it; specific structures and engineering required I cannot be bothered naming all the ones that fall into.
Possible structures for antiquity eg stone henge
Impossible structures for antiquity - great pyramid (this is/was the finest piece of engineering i know anywhere inside(known) and out, people are also unaware tis bulit on a platform) - valley temples - Sacsayhuaman, great platform (baalbek) etc
Impossible oldest known written reference - pyramid texts, book of Enoch and so on Gilgamesh perhaps...all religion is based on these writings

Those glyphs - I have seen the odd attempt at trying to explain and dismiss them.
I have zero time for most Egyptologists – indeed many have been taught, or pressured to revaluate their initial assessments of texts, glyphs, translations, (so fact, with no foundation ends up as being taught verbatim as holy writ eg Harold vyse freshly daubed graffiti in the relieving chamber, which incidentally he misspelled, attributing construction too khufu

Khufu did not build the sphinx either – a ridiculous tale with no foundation and a mistranslations (spelling) of a stella at its paws, which was no doubt erected long after the sphinx was built – incidentally it spent most of its life buried up to its head in sand..i am not here to discuss when the climate changed 10 000BP or Robert Shochs sensible interpretation.

Antiquity, or pre history, remains a mystery
There is nothing to say we are the most advanced earthlings to have walked this planet, only arrogance.
Life is most likely very common throughout the universe…as soon as they find life, past or present, within our solar system then the mainstream line will become life will become its rife throughout the ether.

Which incidentally is at odds with the latest theories of how often life took hold on earth and was wiped out zero - too many times over via impacts gamma rays martians blah – the arrogance of them is astounding. Some are prepared to say life took here more than once, yet remain oddly silent with venus mars in their past etc

Bit longer ramble than I initially intended

Previous 1 3