Community > Posts By > abraxys

abraxys's photo
Sun 08/21/16 02:17 PM
I was on holiday in Cork last week. I changed my location to Cork to find a date whilst I was there. now back in Scotland i am trying to change my location back to My home postcode but Filter keeps changing it back to Cork. I then manually change the filters to UK, my town and the distance 100 miles... and EVERYTIME I now get no results, despite being able to browse my results easy previously.

Please Help!!!!

abraxys's photo
Mon 06/22/15 02:46 PM
So I've been on this site for a while now and I'm finding that there alot of people who like to talk, but never go anywhere.
My problem is trying to juggle my parental responsibilities, full time shift work commitments, catching up with friends & family, and then finding the time to actually get out and date.
It just seems that I'm busy catching up with housework when I'm not working or organising the kids. Is there time for someone else in my life????
Does anyone have any advice on how to navigate this tricky predicament?

abraxys's photo
Wed 07/16/14 04:09 PM
Edited by abraxys on Wed 07/16/14 04:12 PM
I am a happy go lucky kind of guy and have been for a long time now.
Now I'm back on the dating scene though, a friend told me I need to be less smiley and more "annoyed/ sour faced" if I want to attract women. So I'm wrestling with whether I shouldnt be as happy anymore. Happiness is my personality, which was good when I was younger. Now nearly 40 is it REALLY time for me to fit the stereotype of a grumpy middle aged man??

I don't really want to, but I don't want to be single for much longer either...

abraxys's photo
Sat 03/01/14 03:11 PM
Edited by abraxys on Sat 03/01/14 03:57 PM
Hi I'm Dave and I've not long joined this site.
I've been on a few dating sites in the past and they've never lead to anything so i thought I'd give this a try.
What can I say...I'm 37, single dad of 2 daughters and work full time.
At present I don't get out much so when I do I like to ENJOY it!
Its just been in the last years and a half I feel I want to start dating again. Chances to actually meet people have been few and far between so a friend recommended I try internet dating in the meantime.
I'm hoping to meet people and have some light hearted fun. I LOVE the outdoors so try to get out walking, camping etc whenever there's half decent weather. What else??? I'm working on a novel and I use to play saxophone, something I'd like to take up again when I have more time. Meantime I like watching films and cooking.
Looking for someone with similar interests. Want to know any more? Throw me a message...

abraxys's photo
Sun 02/23/14 03:36 AM
Jus gotta love Black Sails and Grimm right now

abraxys's photo
Sun 02/23/14 03:21 AM
Suzanne Vega - still goin sttong after all these years. Going to see Daughtry end of March!!

abraxys's photo
Sat 02/22/14 06:03 PM
I'm going through a very loving phase right now for no reason...
Current great songs I'm listening to is John Legend - All of me, John Mayer feat Katy Perry - Who you love, and The National - I need my girl:smile: