Community > Posts By > Booknut1

Booknut1's photo
Mon 02/10/14 11:39 PM
Interesting post.

I have a friend who has 2 children. Her daughter does not have ADHD and her son does. She tried everything before she finally put him on medications. Very structured routines, a change in diet (put him on all natural, no added colors, no preservatives, etc.) and there was no change. Both children were raised the same - had the same routine, yet are different.

It is the same with another friend. Both had daughters first and sons second. The second friend did tell me that her son had colic and cried constantly until about 6 months.

Hmmm....wish there was a solid answer but it definitely makes you wonder

Booknut1's photo
Mon 02/10/14 11:31 PM
If you don't establish paternity, you will not be entitled to any benefits from the father.

Booknut1's photo
Mon 02/10/14 11:27 PM
A C-section is Major Surgery. It wasn't my first choice and if I could have delivered the baby vaginally, I would have. I have a scar about 6 inches long and they cut your stomach muscles. You get a catheter put in before surgery also. You also don't get to hold your baby right away because you are strapped down and your body is all numb from the neck down. It takes about 9-12 months to completely heal from it. You can't carry anything heavier than the baby for about 4-6 weeks after delivery.

An episiotomy will heal in a week or 2 IF you need one. With a normal vaginal child birth, you are up an about much quicker.

There is NO comparison between the 2. Childbirth changes your body no matter which way you deliver. Do what is best for the baby. He/she is your 1st priority.