Community > Posts By > squonk

squonk's photo
Sat 12/13/08 03:12 AM
Oh the wannabes? They can do whatever they want man. It doesn't make them right. Kids are kids and as much as they may want to bury the original term, the scene lives on the way it always has. I doubt it will ever truly explode but with 2 big bands making headlines on mtv and at shows all over the country forming united nations, I'm sure kids out there will get to hear some really creative new stuff from the genre. Unfortunately, United Nations isn't that good but I mean at least they're showing us where our tax dollars go. I mean I never thought for one second the band would have their facebook page torn down by the us gov't :).

squonk's photo
Sat 12/13/08 03:03 AM
If I called myself black does that mean I'm black?

Kids look for a label... boys with breasts are confused...

I am not a teenager and to be honest I can't stand how people disregard music that I am so passionate about because it's soo damn good.

My point is Layla.. It's a blues song from Eric Clapton who made it in 196 something. He couldn't tell her how he felt so he wrote a song and she fell in love with it... Guess what that was 20 some odd years prior. Jazz music from the simpsons every single time lisa got hurt she would go to her jazz to play some blues. I've never once heard lisa simpson say emo. In fact I've never seen the term until the new poseurs and wannabes started trying to be into music but even then they were the ones who weren't into it in the first place. They grow out of it and move on. The tag name doesn't change. We don't start calling Brittney Spears metal just because she shaved her head like a skinhead.

squonk's photo
Sat 12/13/08 02:42 AM
Edited by squonk on Sat 12/13/08 02:43 AM
Hahaha but for the person who is anti sex he is sending the wrong image. I mean now if he dressed up as priest with his little bowtie sure he'd be called a pedophile but I mean at least he would signify the whole anti sex theory behind his little sob story.

Oh and if you dress up as Borat *the bathing suit* girls dig that...

squonk's photo
Sat 12/13/08 02:33 AM
Jawbreaker has a classic song but the band as a whole no. They did one song that is totally remniscent of the sounds within the scene. I actually dig Jawbreaker a lot but not because they made the music for emotional hardcore. The band was definately not geared toward just emotional hardcore. If you listen to the ending of Basilica that is a true sound of what an emotional hardcore band sounds like but it's gotta be turned up really high. The louder it becomes on your stereo will give you a good idea of how loud the music needs to be for you to make out any kind of lyric done by a real band.

Weezer definately not.

Bands still playing there aren't many. The most famous of which would probably be circle takes the square. There is a female vocalist in this band probably why you get the idea that the high pitched scream is there. The other reason for the high pitched scream is from the kids who started this movement. Some were as young as 13 years old in a band called Honeywell that began out in CA. Yes the band screamed, yes the vocals were high pitched, but come on now they weren't the backstreet boys.

The second you mention heartbreak and love you better ****ing mention the beatles because that's all they sang about until Lennon really started in with his pro active anti war movement. If not him surely eric clapton with his blues music to woo over a girl from another guy with the song layla. I mean come on here we're talking about 50+ years of music and song writers as well as folk music well developped prior to the genre singing about love and courtship. I mean **** man shakespeare was the ****ing man when it came to writing love songs with his poetry. What's phantom of the opera? Probably not only the best play to ever hit Broadway but it's a full fledged 2+ hour musical about a deformed guy who falls in love with a girl and has his heartbroken in the end because she marries prince charming. You've got to be kidding me that you will dismiss the very soul of rock n roll and bands such as skid row, soul asylum, guns n roses, the beatles, and I could go on for a really really long time mentioning bands that have been around for decades before this community that you speak started playing.

The fact of the matter is, kazaa a file sharing p2p network labelled dashboard confessional an emo band so all of these kids who listened to this man play his acoustic guitar fell in love because he sang about heartbreak. He didn't attempt an emo song.. It went from this to learning about Jimmy Eat World who used to play alongside emo bands and omg weren't they on the same record label? I guess Nirvana is emo now too since they were on the same record label as these kids pronounce emo legends with sunny day real estate!!!!!!

No that isn't emo! Saetia, You and I, Circle Takes The Square, Envy, Mohinder, Portraits of Past, Honeywell, and I'd go on but it's absolutely pointless to argue with imbeciles about music that doesn't exist in most places in the world but what is hilarious is the older kids in the music scene who grew up listening to real **** can differentiate between a band like H2O and hatebreed and call one machocore and the other a new age sXe band. It's really simple to understand genres but not all music falls into them. Subgenres exist to listen to experimental sounds of music that aren't usually found at every cd store in the country. For the most part almost all emotional hardcore bands records are out of print, to top this off only about a hundred or so have made cds. The cds are rare, they aren't found at your local Walmart and they sure as hell can't be seen on the warped tour. They don't attract a crowd of people to see them live. No one wants to cover their ears in blistering pain while a band has its back turned to the crowd. They aren't crowd pleasers, they aren't playing music or making music that is geared towards the music industry in popularity or sound. What they have created is a scene filled with politics, disorder, non violence, at least half vegetarian listeners, social concerns, actions to protect the social injustices of our society, and to top it all off to SCREAM their heads off to the problems of this world that aren't being done.

Emotional Hardcore became what punkrock once was and was geared towards. We don't have these fashioncore scenesters around but I will say the flannel and the ripped jeans is pretty common. Glasses are as well for some odd wierd reason as is the skinny white remark of not only the girls but the guys as well and that's usually to the fact that well they're mostly vegetarian. I will also say that not every band was geared towards politics on record, sure you and I had some political songs but it was very few and far between as did saetia but those 2 bands were geared towards lovers poetry. Then they became 3 different bands in which one of them was amazing, the other is eh, and the last is bleh. They're the assistant *which died a few years ago but totally amazing with their songs and lyrics*, hot cross which is the eh band. Their first record was pretty good and I liked it for quite awhile but the shows became just another joke to me. And finally Off Minor which musically they definately aren't gifted but throw quite a good performance dressing up as a wizard and playing with a black crowe. It was quite the experience in a Brooklyn basement where everyone was drunk. Shoulda been there, great times!

http://www.circletakesthesquare.com This is a modern day band of what became of the music from the past 20 years of the scene. I'd put some Japanese emotional hardcore up for you to listen to but if you can't listen to CTTS then I don't even want to bother.

As for the person who liked Jawbreaker and can't tell the difference for an emotional hardcore band and likes true punkrock.

Check this band out http://www.thesunflowertribe.com/stilllife/lyrics.php

One of my favorites from the genre you don't know about. Their last album went off on a new way of music but it's still worth listening to at least some tracks. If for some reason no mp3s work, I will see if I can find some other songs or if you want more, I can direct you to full albums.

squonk's photo
Fri 12/12/08 05:16 PM
I think it's much worse than the description to punkrock. It would be comparing the beatles to gwar. You just don't do that.

squonk's photo
Fri 12/12/08 05:16 PM
I think it's much worse than the description to punkrock. It would be comparing the beatles to gwar. You just don't do that.

squonk's photo
Fri 12/12/08 10:52 AM
Why are people of this world put in a gender system because of a past problem you've encountered?

I am me, yes I have a penis, but I am not all about getting in the sack and bouncing as soon as it's over. I will say I've yet to meet a woman/girl who has been not lied to me, but there are plenty of my male friends who I can't say that about either.

People are people and the more you get to know them the better of a time you should have with them. Now I have kicked a girl out of the house for smelling bad, that I have definately done. If it's rotten man I'm not going to stick around with that kind of a smell.

The only other time I have broken up with someone is because they've lied. I don't dig liars and I've yet to meet a girl who can be honest 100% of the time. That doesn't mean they don't exist and it doesn't mean that I'm willing to give up on finding the one who doesn't lie. Drinking to the people who hurt us.. Psh I wouldn't spill a drink on the carpet for them. They're a waste of time to even think about.

When people start learning how to make love rather than ****, people will start true relationships till then you gotta go with what you got and not settle for anything less than is to be expected.

Give yourself some ideas on how to test if this is real or not. I've come up with quite a few in my past and it's help me seperate who's and who's not pretty much right away. Still there's no guarentee that it will work out.

squonk's photo
Fri 12/12/08 10:25 AM
I never understood how emotional hardcore is related to kill hannah oh wait I've never heard of that in my life.

Emo=emotional hardcore There are plenty of people who dress alike and look alike. It is kind of strange but I mean it's just typical clothes it's not like a whole fashion guru of hollister at a show.

Then comes the most important part. Living in NYC a typical *emo* show might produce 50 people. 50 people in a city of millions plus you have the out of staters from Jersey, CT, and PA. So really in the end you're talking out of about I don't know 10 million people or so and 50 go to a show. They do look alike though it's kind of wierd. Not much for originality.

Now I do realize that the younger generation of teenagers view everything as emo which is really hard to understand. It was the result of advertising via kazaa, morpheus, etc. People labelled a genre of music and everything seemed to sort of fit together so every music in the world became emo. Apparently, the older crowd has now caught on? I'm kind of confused by this.

Emotional hardcore doesn't play much metal because metal has solos. There are no solos in hardcore. Emotional hardcore is probably not a genre you'd ever want to listen to. The singers don't sing, the scream. The music being played is kind of like loud noise, there are no distinctive chords that are being struck at any one time. It's like a whirlwind of crazy noise with a screamer who's trying to elevate his voice above the noise but can't because it's soo loud. In the end, you can't reproduce what is being done on stage because you can barely make out the lyrics live, on record, on cd what have you it's really hard to make out lyrics and understand them.

As for the typical scenester. Go to hot topic, look at the shortest skirts you can find, look at the tightest fitting jeans you can find, give your hair some spikes or look like it has spikes, put on some heavy eyeliner, find a cute top that fits the breast of a 12 yr old, and there you have it. Oh don't forget to dye your hair jet black!

squonk's photo
Fri 12/12/08 10:01 AM
A topless picture represents lust for the body. Since you're not interested in the body, rather you want to look into someone's soul, the shirtless picture creates the idea that you want women savages to come grobble at your feet based on how you look.

squonk's photo
Fri 12/12/08 01:19 AM
I don't do dates...

squonk's photo
Fri 12/12/08 12:18 AM
It wasn't enough :(. It was like a tease All it did was make me miss home more.

squonk's photo
Fri 12/12/08 12:17 AM
My fantasies aren't indulged by drugs or drinking.

squonk's photo
Fri 12/12/08 12:10 AM
It's much worse when someone really likes your profile and they have a lot of information in there's but they never write back after that....

squonk's photo
Fri 12/12/08 12:07 AM
I have yet to see these women... All I've encountered via websites are people my age with kids a good whopping 70%. That's quite a high number...

As for the ones who see me driving well I don't know what they look like when they get out of the car.

The beaches are nice though too bad the times I've gone to them there wasn't a soul in sight...

squonk's photo
Fri 12/12/08 12:04 AM
I dig the new collaboration with Thursday.

squonk's photo
Fri 12/12/08 12:02 AM
The greatest gift a man could give his lifelong partner years of bad sex..................... I don't know about that one.

I mean I see how it is personal to the man in the situation and I can see how it could be an emotional event for both but uhm with the way this world is nowadays good luck with that one.

squonk's photo
Thu 12/11/08 11:59 PM
I hope to never reach this age but unfortunately I am not a vampire so it will happen someday...

squonk's photo
Thu 12/11/08 11:50 PM
So not only am I brand new to this site, but more importantly I am brand spankin new to Houston entirely. I have moved to Humble from NJ/NY. I do realize that this is a dating site but my main interest is finding interest in activities that I like to do. Then maybe I can think of dating but I can't possibly be into dating when I haven't even found my own activities that I enjoy in this area.

I have been to 2 dog parks since I've moved here. The first one in Kingwood was horrible too much mud and then the 2nd one was Millie Bush or something. The park is great and all but the water is too accessible for my lab. She won't stay out of it and well it's winter so I'm kind of looking for some other dog park if you know of any.

Also an outdoor cafe would be really nice especially dog friendly cafes/coffee houses. I managed to find a lot of places in NY/NJ that allowed my dog to accompany me to places, but I've yet to see anything like NJ or NY since I've been here.

I'm still rather young so I tend to fit in around the college scene. Are there streets filled with parties? If so can you direct to them? :).

Hm what else oh yes I love music especially punkrock/hardcore. Shows would be nice but I much prefer really small shows and not huge events so it becomes rather difficult. I also like acoustic performers. Sort of like open mic night? Anything like that within this city?

Please don't give me directions to the nearest bar :). I am not much of a drinker and when I do drink I don't drive. That doesn't mean I take a cab home from the bar.

Places to visit like statues and beautiful places within the city. I don't want museums. I've seen plenty of museums but I am open to other things like zoos, amusement parks, nightlife for holiday events *christmas new years, etc...*

I much prefer to walk to places with my dog so I'd really like some suggestions on places I can take her around people. I don't like to be alone and surrounded by no one.

Other things I'm interested in. Hospital care volunteers know of any that are looking? Soup Kitchen volunteers?

I am fascinated by the inside of really beautiful churches so I'd like to know of any of those as well.

1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 17 Next