Community > Posts By > dannyboyisme

dannyboyisme's photo
Mon 05/12/14 03:13 PM
Hello!

Welcome to the forum, I'm new as well, but everyone seems lovely from the community here. :)

dannyboyisme's photo
Mon 05/12/14 03:12 PM
I have to agree, having a profile pic unsettles the nerves. Nobody likes to approach someone with a mask on (or they can't see), so seeing someone's face is naturally inviting and the first step towards feeling as if you're "humanly interacting" with someone online.

Interacting with a grey page of nothing is a little harder for most and nowadays, it's more clearly apparent that people portray fake online profiles. So we're all more dubious about who we're actually talking too...

dannyboyisme's photo
Mon 05/12/14 08:58 AM
Well did you give him a straight answer? In a sense; "I don't want us to be friends anymore" or "I would like us to go our separate ways now"

Because he may not understand why you suddenly stopped talking to him? And he could be seeking closure. If you did tell him straight and clear that you didn't want to talk to him anymore, then perhaps he has feelings for you that are hard to simply forget and he involuntarily finds himself wanting to be in your life still...

Either way, I think you should make the message clear that you either do or don't wish to talk to him. Perhaps because you spoke to him briefly after your relationship ended has given him mixed signals that it's still fine for you both to be friends and he may just genuinely be confused as to why you suddenly stopped talking to him?

Just be simple and straight forward with him if you haven't told him that you want to stop talking and if you have, then just ignore him or reiterate the fact that you don't wish to speak to him anymore.

dannyboyisme's photo
Mon 05/12/14 08:53 AM
Hey Rod,

Welcome to the forum, relatively new myself, but thought I'd say hello! :)

dannyboyisme's photo
Fri 05/09/14 02:20 AM
Now I have images of me doing the groovy dance (with just my hat left dangling!) hahaha!!! ;P

Again thank you for your lovely feedback and let's hope I spark some interest.

See you around the forum! :)

dannyboyisme's photo
Thu 05/08/14 05:03 PM
Edited by dannyboyisme on Thu 05/08/14 05:02 PM
Satisfaction!

EDIT: Awww dcastelmissy you beat me too it! :P

dannyboyisme's photo
Thu 05/08/14 04:56 PM
Depending on the mood...

Raunchy; Animals - Nickleback.
Loving; Savage Garden - Truly Madly Deeply

dannyboyisme's photo
Thu 05/08/14 04:51 PM
Seeing some good mottos/sayings! :P

Here's another: "A still tongue, makes for a wise head"

dannyboyisme's photo
Thu 05/08/14 04:37 PM
Gotta love a good old Spaghetti Western! :)

dannyboyisme's photo
Thu 05/08/14 04:32 PM
Good point!

There is one cat I've seen that sleeps much like a human (or dog even), where she sprawls out on her back and her legs seem to sprawl out. Most cats do the "nesting ball" position, but this cat just looks like it's laying on a beach or in a bed!

I haven't seen her twitch in her sleep though -- sounds very odd me saying that, ladies I won't stare at you whilst you're sleeping. :P But in all seriousness however, I don't think cats show an awful lot of emotion full stop!

dannyboyisme's photo
Thu 05/08/14 04:02 PM
Pommy boy. :P I like that, lol! Oh and I'm sure the first two times were by accident. ;) Lol! Thank you though, that's really given me bit of a confidence boost to hear you say some really nice things. I feel as though at times I live in my own shadow; in a sense that I've not ventured far from the nest in regard to experiencing new endeavors.

Again, thank you and I'm pretty sure exploiting the fact I wear a uniform (and the hat of course, don't forget the hat!) will better me in the long run. :P Hehe!!!

dannyboyisme's photo
Thu 05/08/14 03:33 PM
My first day here as well! :) But welcome all the same.

dannyboyisme's photo
Thu 05/08/14 03:08 PM

Aye aye cap'in! ;) LOL!

Thanks. :) I'm just browsing the forum at the moment, been a while since I've been on one of these, eek! Not since my role playing days; I'm such a nerd at heart. :P

rofl.

I think the forums on here are friendlier than other dating forums. I think you'll be fine ;)

Oh really? Well that's awesome to know. :D Never been on a dating forum before, so there's a first for everything huh?

Aye, indeed. It's not as sleazy as others.. Imo.

Well at least it's a bit more mature then by the sounds of it.

dannyboyisme's photo
Thu 05/08/14 01:41 PM
I know I'm a complete poser in my pictures (you've only got to look at my pictures to see it for yourself), but like most other human-beings, I'm totally insecure about the way I look - if not vain at the best of times and I'm just curious to see what other people think of me and my profile?

I guess the real question is, am I attractive or not? Do I look like datable material? :P

Now I'm gonna' shy away and wait for replies.

dannyboyisme's photo
Thu 05/08/14 01:32 PM

Aye aye cap'in! ;) LOL!

Thanks. :) I'm just browsing the forum at the moment, been a while since I've been on one of these, eek! Not since my role playing days; I'm such a nerd at heart. :P

rofl.

I think the forums on here are friendlier than other dating forums. I think you'll be fine ;)

Oh really? Well that's awesome to know. :D Never been on a dating forum before, so there's a first for everything huh?

dannyboyisme's photo
Thu 05/08/14 01:28 PM
Mmmmm rain, it's amazing listening to the rain when you're all snuggled up in bed at night. I love that feeling!

dannyboyisme's photo
Thu 05/08/14 01:15 PM
I've heard a lot of people have uncanny sayings or mottos to life and my nan was one of these people who had a saying for everything!!!

One saying in particular stuck with me and no matter how you look at it, I always seem to find some sort of comfort or strength from it. I live life by this motto:

"Don't regret the things you've done, regret the things you haven't done"

Does anyone else have any sayings or mottos to life that get them through their days? :)

dannyboyisme's photo
Thu 05/08/14 01:05 PM
Aye aye cap'in! ;) LOL!

dannyboyisme's photo
Thu 05/08/14 01:01 PM
Thanks Pkh & Gibbs. :)

Now I just need to get myself down the gym really... LOL! :P

dannyboyisme's photo
Thu 05/08/14 11:24 AM
Hey guys,

so I gave up smoking roughly 4 months ago now, can't say I feel any healthier (yet), ironically I think I was healthier smoking! I seem to find myself craving sweets instead now. However, I've found myself addicted to energy drinks instead now!? I crave caffeine. I was having at least one energy drink a day, but I've limited it to ever few days...

I'm a police officer, so being out on the beat, I tend to eat junk food now and then, as well as need the stimulants to keep me energized.

Has anyone else who's given up smoking (or whatever) found they've suddenly replaced it with something else? Not sure if it's normal or not, but thought I'd ask. Perhaps I have an addictive personality. :P

Thanks for reading,
Dan

Previous 1