Community > Posts By > MrHerrNudist

MrHerrNudist's photo
Sun 03/22/09 03:34 PM

You will find that you may freely choose what you think, but the result of your thought is governed by an immutable law.

Is not this a wonderful thought? Is it not wonderful to know that our lives are not subject to caprice or variability of any kind? This stability is our opportunity, because by complying with the law, we can secure the desired effect with invariable precision.

It is the law which makes the Universe one grand paean of harmony. If it were not for law, the Universe would be a Chaos instead of a Cosmos.

Here then is the secret of the origin of both good and evil.

Thought results in action. If your thought is constructive and harmonious, the result will be good. If your thought is destructive or inharmonious, the result will be evil.

There is but one law, one principle, one cause, one source of power, and good and evil are simply words which have been coined to indicate the results of our action, or our compliance or non-compliance with this law.

The importance of this is well illustrated in the lives of Emerson and Carlyle. Emerson loved the good and his life was a symphony of peace and harmony. Carlyle hated the bad, and his life was a record of perpetual discord and disharmony.

Here we have two grand men, each intent upon achieving the same ideal, but one makes use of constructive thought and is therefore in harmony with Natural Law. The other makes use of destructive thought and therefore brings upon himself discord of every kind and character.

It is evident therefore that we are to hate nothing, not even the bad, because hatred is destructive, and we shall soon find that by entertaining destructive thoughts we are sowing the "wind" and shall reap the "whirlwind".

So, perhaps in loving the bad, the good more readily reveals itself?

Very nicely put. Short and sweet.

An illustration I once read gave a scenario of a man hitting you with a stick seemingly without provocation.

You cannot be angry at the stick, it is an inanimate object with no intentions whatever...

You should not be angry at the man, but rather feel compassion for him, for he is lashing out as a result of a strong emotion that he is unable to control.

Besides, if you are to think of Karma, when the man hits you and you become angry, you have relieved him of his bad Karma and you now have the bad Karma to dispose of some how. But, if you return positive, good Karma to him, he is stuck with the bad Karma and may eventually die with the bad Karma.

However, if we act out of compassion solely so that we will not get the bad Karma (for selfish motives) and not out of altruistic intentions, the bad Karma still resides with you and not the man who strikes you unprovoked. For it is only with true compassion that we can even begin to understand the other man's plight and anguish and rid both beings of negative emotions and bad Karma.

MrHerrNudist's photo
Fri 03/20/09 04:21 PM

2-3 jars of plain kroger tomato sauce (in those small cans)
2T garlic powder
2T onion powder
4T basil
2t oregano
pinch of brown sugar
salt
black pepper to taste

put it all in a bowl and stir and that's it

Then you just, like, chug a lug it?

MrHerrNudist's photo
Fri 03/20/09 01:06 PM
Used to be big hair, sometimes twiggy (really skinny in school) been hairman and herrmeister... wolf or wolf man when younger and had really full beard...

MrHerrNudist's photo
Fri 03/20/09 12:36 PM
Boy, am I glad I stopped smoking in 1998!! I was going to TJ and getting mine tax free at 6.50 per carton for viceroys or I could get marlboros for 11.00 at that time. When I see the prices these days it amazes me that more don't quit.

MrHerrNudist's photo
Fri 03/20/09 12:07 PM

liar and bad

bad girls suck

MrHerrNudist's photo
Fri 03/20/09 11:59 AM

When I clicked the 50 and over group, I suddenly felt my age. I started imagining using a walker, and swigging geritole by the gallons. I don't feel 50, but my birth certificate begs to differ.

We all age as we feel... I am 56... soon to be 57 and I rolllerblade around lake miramar 5 times per week during lunch period. I blade at a good pace (12.5 to 14.5 MPH average)for six miles each time and can pass most of the others rollerblading there as well as some bicyclists.

I have recently jumped from a plane ... tandem, but a great experience all the same.

I refuse to believe it's time to slow down.

I have a new lady friend who will be 50 on 4-4-09 and is at the phase of not celebrating and is having a lot of trouble accepting the half century mark... and she is a very lovely lady who looks more like 40 than 50. I think she has a lot of excitement left in her ... if she chooses to take the chance to be and do things she hadn't thought of before or thought of but never found time or opportunity.

Anyway, Happy half century!! May the second half century be awesome!

Harry

MrHerrNudist's photo
Mon 03/16/09 04:50 PM

two hits of lsd 25, two hits of thc (or pcp... they used to pass pcp for thc sometimes) two 4 way hits of strawberry fields, few swigs of wine with other peoples floaters (people would shake up the sediment, take a gulp, add a bit of their own drugs and pass it on), and 80 grams of black afganistan smoked between six of us at a concert in Germany in 1972. I got complete amnesia and it took 3 days to remember my name. It took 2 weeks to feel "normal" again. Robin williams stand up routine had a line in it "reality, what a concept!" God, did I relate to that! After that, acid became no fun because I always had to question if this would be the time I sould not come down... makes for a drag trip, man...

At least ya remembershocked You on xanax now

Nah, clean and sober 14 yrs... not even scripts...

MrHerrNudist's photo
Mon 03/16/09 04:45 PM
two hits of lsd 25, two hits of thc (or pcp... they used to pass pcp for thc sometimes) two 4 way hits of strawberry fields, few swigs of wine with other peoples floaters (people would shake up the sediment, take a gulp, add a bit of their own drugs and pass it on), and 80 grams of black afganistan smoked between six of us at a concert in Germany in 1972. I got complete amnesia and it took 3 days to remember my name. It took 2 weeks to feel "normal" again. Robin williams stand up routine had a line in it "reality, what a concept!" God, did I relate to that! After that, acid became no fun because I always had to question if this would be the time I sould not come down... makes for a drag trip, man...

MrHerrNudist's photo
Mon 03/16/09 04:28 PM
Have you tried it, Bonniemiss? Give us a flow by flow report... better yet... oh never mind.

MrHerrNudist's photo
Mon 03/16/09 01:39 PM

Shorts and t-shirts.drinker

Heck no! That's how you get pneumonia!

I was hatched and raised in Michigan!! When the temperature got over 50 we could be found shooting hoops in shorts and t-shirts... even while the grass still had some of those icy patches lingering!

MrHerrNudist's photo
Mon 03/16/09 01:33 PM
There are appearently some traditional campuses that also offer online courses that are exactly as the on campus courses. My daughter is working on her masters in business at this time and was attending live classes at Columbia university (I think) in Missouri but her life got more hustle bustle and she opted to take online courses to finish up. (she has a son and a full time job and mma classes, etc... busy girl) She tells me the only difference is cost. It is actually more expensive to take the courses online than live on campus. She also got her bachelors in psychology and may revisit psychology as a major then a doctorate in psychology after she has her masters in business. My daughter is one ambitious girl, that one is.

MrHerrNudist's photo
Thu 03/12/09 02:16 PM

if no one is there to listen?

Depends, can other people hear them or is it just you?

MrHerrNudist's photo
Wed 03/11/09 08:03 PM
I set the woods next to my house on fire trying to cook berries... when the campfire got too be out of the circle I grabbed newspapers and tried to smother the fire like I had seen on tv programs where they used wet blankets to smother a fire... only newspapers don't smother the fire so well.... then I got a garden hose and tried to make it reach but it came no where close... by the time I reconciled it was out of control for me... the fire department had to be called out Burned only about a quarter acre of trees (Michigan oaks) but it got me a butt warming that the fire itself could have cooled off... I was not allowed to leave the house for a week either.Later in life I caught myself on fire, but that's a different story... guess I should find a PA group... pyros anonymous...

MrHerrNudist's photo
Wed 03/11/09 01:01 PM

this morning and guess what, it was closed. Darn spring breakers. tears

:tongue: Im going to a nude beach when it gets warm enough:tongue:

I ALWAYS do the nude beach... Black's mostly... and I invite the little exhibitionists to spend spring break there!!

MrHerrNudist's photo
Tue 03/10/09 01:24 PM
Oh, Baby... if you like that, I can eat some garlic for you...

MrHerrNudist's photo
Sun 03/08/09 06:11 PM
Mainframe Computer Operator and Technical Writer

MrHerrNudist's photo
Fri 03/06/09 09:41 PM

noway spock Maybe I AM that old!!! Clear of what, Jillie Bean???? scared
laugh laugh laugh she's clear of all dignitylaughlaugh laugh

laugh laugh which one???

Well Hell, I think thry're both very dignified!! And the ladies aren't bad either!

MrHerrNudist's photo
Fri 03/06/09 03:28 PM
I once met a lady on plenty of fish and the first date I brought her one flower, the second date two flowers, etc... then on the 12th date it was actually on valentine's day and I brought her a dozen flowers for the 12th date and another dozen long stem roses for valentine's day among other stuff.... She cherished the flowers more than I could ever have thought. Each date after the 12th date I always brought her flowers, and she took pictures of every flower I ever brought her.

Then she kicked me to the curb one day and we just talk as friends now ... about twice a month. She is a wonderful lady and I will always hold a place for her in my heart.

MrHerrNudist's photo
Fri 03/06/09 11:16 AM

:smile: my right hand hurts from years of...oh never mind be seeing you
Hmmmm my advice? Switch it up and use your left.

AAAaaaahhh, So that's how it traveled from wrist to wrist for you!?!?

Gotcha!!

MrHerrNudist's photo
Fri 03/06/09 11:10 AM

Yet another lawsuit...

February 25, 2009
Military.com|by Bryant Jordan

Poll: Should a Soldier serve if he doesn’t think the president is legitimate?

Yes, He joined the military and until he is no longer a member of the armed forces, he should fulfill his duties as an officer, the commission which he was granted by his request.

"Our Constitution and our great nation must not be allowed to be disgraced."

How ironic that anybody might make such a statement after how much Bush has disgraced our constitution and our nation... and I also find it very ironic that the republicans are now pointing fingers at Obummer for the financial crisis (or the bailout plan as a resolution thereof) which was caused in part by Bush's negligence and has nothing to do with Obummer's term of service.