Community > Posts By > Eddiemma

Eddiemma's photo
Tue 04/24/18 09:42 PM
Edited by Eddiemma on Tue 04/24/18 09:46 PM
Megadeth- Five Magics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrZ2cw_JrYI (guitars only)

It's been many years since I was on this site. Refresh my memory, how do you make a link clickable (navigate to the site)?

Eddiemma's photo
Tue 04/24/18 09:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrZ2cw_JrYI

Eddiemma's photo
Tue 04/24/18 09:13 PM
Edited by Eddiemma on Tue 04/24/18 09:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrZ2cw_JrYI

Megadeth -(Guitars only?) https://youtu.be/OrZ2cw_JrYI

Eddiemma's photo
Sun 12/11/11 09:37 PM
By the way everything helps and it really makes me think. Thanks a googolplex! You rock=]

Eddiemma's photo
Sun 12/11/11 09:35 PM
Thank you both for the well thought out answers and I appreciate your input... I am just trying to wrap my head around this-The hypothesis was correct and children would avoid the cliff or turn away from it --- flight.

All the toddlers/babies that I have known have unique personality traits. Some were crabby and some were not, some were colicky and some hardly ever cried, some enjoyed other people and some just wanted to be by their biological parents.

All I have seen, with my own eyes, is that there is no fear until fear is taught or self taught. Maybe their depth perception is established enough at that point to make those decisions. Isn't part of that experience though? Programming?
Maybe the baby they used avoided the false cliff but some of the ones I have known not only would they have went off the cliff, but they would have first fell down the stairs while drinking poison, choking on a hotdog, sticking their fingers in an outlet and pulling the family dogs whiskers (possible mauling). =]

Do you think they have the biological ability to eventually (through self/and other programming) be able to refine their depth perceptions enough to avoid the glass cliff? As in that experiment?
It seems to me that is what happen.

Eddiemma's photo
Sun 12/11/11 06:42 PM
It doesn't sound crazy, I believe we all have our own personal satisfying adventures we conjure up in our minds. I train in martial arts and with the right person that is definitely something I would go along with.. I think it's fun to trade (give away) the power, share the power and own the power. ...but we are getting off subject now...ha!

Eddiemma's photo
Sun 12/11/11 06:32 PM
the real question is this- -Do human infants (having physical limitations) fight or flight or does it take experience to have the potential of fight or flight? Do we have to learn a certain number of things to make the natural ability of fight or flight a reality?

It is really good to talk to you again by the way after so much time has passes. =]

Eddiemma's photo
Sun 12/11/11 06:31 PM
Unlike animals, humans are equipped with a large cerebral cortex that allows for reasoning, consideration, creativity and behavior control. Humans are not hard wired like computers, ware given a fixed command or stimulus results in a fixed response. We have the ability to choose our course of action and our decisions are preceded by will and thought. This capability has enabled us to survive and stand greater than animals. Because of our ability to consciously choose the values we instill in our children, our species can influence the outcome of our children's behavior. Choice is the ability to select from a number of alternatives. When frustrated an individual has the choice to react in a certain manner. They can think about something else, distance themselves, suppress their anger or even laugh it off. The magnificence of human complexity is our ability to choose from an infinite amount of possible reactions.

Eddiemma's photo
Sun 12/11/11 06:28 PM
Edited by Eddiemma on Sun 12/11/11 06:30 PM
But do they fight or flight internally then because they don't have the physically ability yet?

So biologically speaking fight or flight has no real significance without experience and physical ability?

Eddiemma's photo
Sun 12/11/11 06:03 PM
No takers? ....lol

Eddiemma's photo
Sat 12/10/11 01:21 PM
Fear doesn't suggest that humans are naturally violent does it?

Violence is an act, fear is an emotion.....even if fear leads to violence it doesn't have to. We are naturally fearful (human emotion)I don't believe by saying that that means we are naturally violent. (not that you suggested that)

I do believe fear can be a tool to help prevent violence though.

Eddiemma's photo
Fri 12/09/11 05:33 PM
Edited by Eddiemma on Fri 12/09/11 05:41 PM
Hello Redykeulous,
Thank you for your response. One of the definitions I found is as follows:

ANGER- is defined as a strong feeling or emotion of annoyance, displeasure or hostility.

FRUSTRATION- a deep chronic sense or state of insecurity and dissatisfaction arising from unresolved problems or unfulfilled needs

Aggression is an action with the intent to create harm; however, violence refers to an action with extreme harm as the main goal of the action (Anderson and Bushman).

Anger and frustration are an emotional state, violence is a physical outcome.

I am still trying to piece this all together so the information that was posted might not be in order or complete as of yet.

Eddiemma's photo
Fri 12/09/11 05:25 PM
Very good food for thought....Mmmm, delicious indeed! =]
Thanks!

Eddiemma's photo
Fri 12/09/11 09:57 AM
Main questions:
-Do human infants (having physical limitations) fight or flight or does it take experience to have the potential of fight or flight? Do we have to learn a certain number of things to make the natural ability of fight or flight a reality?

Secondary related question:
-How much does our total 'programming' apply to the actual reaction (or possible outcomes) whether we consciously decide to or not?

Eddiemma's photo
Fri 12/09/11 08:42 AM
Edited by Eddiemma on Fri 12/09/11 09:14 AM
Thank you Dancer and Metal...
I will check out the article. However, I have already taken some material out and want to try and refine this to bare bones and not leave so much open for debate/debunk.

I am really leaning towards frustration and anger are emotional states and natural; violence is one possible physical outcome but is not a natural tendency.

I do have to address the fight or flight response (biological) because I am sure it will be brought up but haven't drawn a conclusion as to how I will do so. I am looking up case studies and other literature to better define this.

-I am assuming there must be some outside influence to cause a fight or flight response.

-Do human infants fight or flight or does it take experience to have the potential of fight or flight? Do we have to learn a certain number of things to make the natural ability of fight or flight a reality?

-How much does our total 'programming' apply to the actual reaction (or possible outcomes) whether we consciously decide to or not?

Eddiemma's photo
Fri 12/09/11 07:22 AM
Thank you BBC, I appreciate your opinions and insight.
This has been my favorite/most entertaining class to date and it's almost a shame that the semester is coming to an end.

Eddiemma's photo
Fri 12/09/11 07:00 AM
According to the frustration-aggression hypothesis, frustration stimulates a drive that leads to aggression. However, frustration is not the only variable that causes aggression. The response to frustration may differ depending on the kind of responses a person has learned to use in coping with frustrating situations. If a person has learn (through imitation or social learning) that aggression can elicit a desired result, then they would respond to frustration with aggressive behavior. For example, people in poorer communities become frustrated when their physiological needs cannot be met and some are motivated to acquire these needs through crime. This is where social learning plays a role. When a person becomes frustrated they are motivated to react in a way that they learn would produce results. People can learn that crime pays. Therefore, while frustration and aggression seem to be closely linked, the mere presence of frustration does not seem to suggest aggression, social learning is also an instigating factor.

Eddiemma's photo
Fri 12/09/11 05:46 AM
Human Nature-the psychological and social qualities that characterize humankind, especially in contrast with other living things.

Human nature refers to the distinguishing characteristics, including ways of thinking, feeling and acting, that humans tend to have naturally.

Naturally-
without artificial aid, according to the usual course of things : as might be expected, without distortion or exaggeration.

Eddiemma's photo
Fri 12/09/11 04:26 AM
Edited by Eddiemma on Fri 12/09/11 04:32 AM
Thanks for the heads up, I will be sure to do research on the images playing in the background. Mother Teresa- do you think they will lead into a religious debate and the violence that stems from Holy wars?
Just curious as to why she should be deleted?

We might just stick with anything that strikes a positive emotional response to set the tone. Smiles, people holding hands and interacting. Maybe set to the Beatles or some other band?

Eddiemma's photo
Thu 12/08/11 08:05 PM
Thank you gentlemen. I was thinking while we were making our presentation that, playing in the background, there will be (as a power-point presentation) images of uplifting worldly human events(pathos) and many leaders that, for the most part, promoted peace- Gandhi, Mother Theresa and so on.

Just a thought I brought up in our team and they seemed to like it... We also kidded around and said we might play 'We are the world' at the end. -This will give me a chance to grab my sun glasses and do my Stevie Wonder impression. ..lol

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25