Community > Posts By > stevejgg

stevejgg's photo
Fri 03/27/15 09:04 PM

True love as we humans know it only exists for the believer. It is the love of God for man (not the other way around). This is the only instance I can think of where true love can exist .

What about a mother's love for her child?
And how do you know God exists?
You should thank your mother. She loved you.

Very true flowerforyou

God is within us, think of it as an acronym, Good Orderly Direction.
God wants us to do the next right thing, I believe. Go with your gut feeling " what is right"! I think if we loved ourselves the way God loves us, the world would be a much better place! It's about unconditional love, flaws and all, he created us this way for a purpose. I have a purpose today, I relate the message of recovery to the addict who still suffers! I'm a recovering addict with less that 3 months of recovery but I have been in and out of recovery for over two years now but they always told me to keep coming back and I do!

Steve

stevejgg's photo
Thu 03/26/15 02:21 AM
Your father must be a thief cause he must have stole some stars and put them in your eyes!

stevejgg's photo
Thu 03/26/15 02:06 AM

I am speaking for myself here. I believe one is very lucky If they are having sex with some one they love.

Being a man I also must admit that it is also possible to have a lot of sex (where love is not involved) and derive a lot of physical pleasure out of it.

Lastly (again speaking for myself here) it is possible to love someone yet have sex with someone else and derive pleasure (I am not say this is right or moral just stating my thoughts on "love" and "sex").

What is the difference between "love" and "sex"? About 100$

stevejgg's photo
Thu 03/26/15 01:57 AM

I really want to know if I am fussy, I have sooo many of them. Will you list yours to give me an idea of whats normal?

Anyone below 1.5 metres tall , more than 150 Kilos in weight, and wears a wig is off my list, whether it's normal or not.

^^^shallow people like this are a red flag for me, beauty is from within!

stevejgg's photo
Thu 03/26/15 01:48 AM

No worries, you'll fit in here quite nicely.

The more I think about it, someone will fit in to my life quite nicely when the time is right! When I'm ready!

stevejgg's photo
Wed 03/25/15 08:56 AM

I'm starting to think what's the point in telling the truth. Christianity did more harm than good. For thousands of years it's been tricking people into believing in an afterlife and that they will be rewarded if they behave themselves here on earth. All this does is turn people into sheep, making them vulnerable to wolves.

I usually despise you but this time you actually make sense. I am honest by nature and it works for me but, depending on who are dealing with, it's not necessarily the best policy.

I thought everyone here had a mental illness. smokin

If you want to go through life as a wolf in sheeps clothing, that is your prerogative, I know and better yet the people I date and have relationships with know the truth about who I am and the path I walk. I will be reunited with the loved ones that have passed on to the afterlife. If I'm wrong I will have lived a life of righteousness, that don't sound so bad now does it! I treat others the way I appreciate being treated, with respect and dignity!
Steve G

stevejgg's photo
Tue 03/24/15 09:59 PM

I think it's the thought of what someone with a mental illness could do. Rather than being told you have one. I dated a bipolar, it got difficult at times, and confusing, but I really liked him, so I carried on dating him. I tried to help him through it.

Agreed! If you really love someone, you'll be with him through better or worst and in sickness or in health.. I'd say you can tell that when you're sure you found the "one" for you. She'll definitely understand what you're going through if she really loves you..

I realise that I have a mental illness and suffer from bad reoccurring thoughts but I do know the difference between right and wrong! I am almost 3 months clean from drugs and alcohol today and I've been attending a Christian Church every Sunday regularly and have a conscious contact with God as I understand Him. I am a member of a 12 step self help group and am eternally grateful for my recovery! I did meet a woman within the 12 step self help group but it is recommended to remain single for the first year of recovery! Things didn't work out between us and now we are experiencing tension between the two of us at our 12 step group meetings but I'm not letting this prevent me from attending my required amount of meetings needed.

I'm experiencing some of the most difficult situations of my life recently and I've been able to remain abstinent from drugs and alcohol! I can do this one day at a time and I don't need to use over it! Isn't life great! Goodnight everyone!!!

stevejgg's photo
Tue 07/15/14 10:13 AM

IDK what kind of mental illness you are referring to, but, if it's not a serious one, I suppose it would be like telling a new date that you have kids..

If they don't understand or like it even if you honestly tell them the details about it such as what can be expected of it, how you have been handing it, how much progress you have been making in curing it, etc., maybe they are not meant for you..

JMO
It's not like telling a new date that I have kids... When I came out with it, I went to the hospital and told a crisis worker about the thoughts that were going through my head. I was removed from my home, from my family, my wife and step daughter's hospitalized in a mental institution for several months until I was diagnosed with obsessive compulsive disorder. The thoughts that had been going through my mind my entire life we're not normal and I just coped with them the best way I knew how, kept them to myself and used mind altering drugs to self medicate. (recovering addict now) Since I gave up the booze and drugs I couldn't cope with the thoughts anymore and lost it. So I lost my family, Now I'm a grateful recovering addict that is not giving up on life. I know the difference between right and wrong. I did the right thing but it feels wrong.

stevejgg's photo
Tue 07/15/14 04:05 AM
I'm as honest as they get, well I'll just say it, I have a mental illness and I don't hide it from anyone but I think I mention it too soon to people I just met and I think it frightens them. It's not something I could or should keep from them. I just lay the cards out on the table and hope for the best!

stevejgg's photo
Tue 07/15/14 03:31 AM
When should a person with a mental illness tell the person he just met that he or she has such an illness.

stevejgg's photo
Tue 07/15/14 02:12 AM
How can one have a relationship with a mental illness.