Community > Posts By > tomakeaprince

tomakeaprince's photo
Sun 11/09/14 12:35 PM

Compose? Like for winds and strings and stuff? Writing notation and tabs?

No.

But, I do have a complete ProTools recording setup, where I do drums, keys, bass and guitar tracks, until it's "good enough" and then layer some vocals and make goofy/fun/serious songs. Sometimes, I strip audio tracks off old TV shows and replace the soundtrack with something "different". pitchfork (The DAW sits next to a complete HD video editor, along with several M-Audio I/O devices)

:laughing:

I have software that does a fair job of turning my "funtime" into actual sheet music. It just needs me to tweak for guitar tab and technique. Not that I even intend to publish most of it, it was more of an experiment to see "if it could be done".

The last track was a punk/grunge thing called "Stupid People". It could NEVER get airplay, it breaks too many 'rules' for broadcast. They'd have to bleep at least 70% of it. bigsmile

I've got about 40 or so, complete. Another 30 or so pieces that need help, and a couple of hours of improv that needs review to see if anything could be used elsewhere. Some turn out well, and others... not so well. All I know is that I have a blast, time passes quickly and I end up with some cool stuff.

That actually sounds really fun.

tomakeaprince's photo
Sun 11/09/14 12:35 PM

I'm writing some new music and I'm so excited! I found this interesting text to set for SATB+Piano. bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile Not quite B minor because I'm not raising the leading tone. Natural minor or Aeolian

Well that just went over my head. Normally I just sit down with my guitar and start writing.

What kind of music do you like to write?

tomakeaprince's photo
Fri 11/07/14 01:24 PM
My laptop is still charging and won't reach over there. frustrated I tried to sound it out, though. Might do some data entry just to check, but it seems pretty.

tomakeaprince's photo
Fri 11/07/14 01:19 PM
What means "OP" ??what

tomakeaprince's photo
Fri 11/07/14 01:15 PM

I dont really have any rules as such coz i go with the flow but If I really like her and want her i can have her in my arms and loving and get deeply intimate within 30minutes of the first date.....:angel:

tomakeaprince's photo
Fri 11/07/14 01:11 PM

5 days and you haven't got a girlfriend yet!...

Ummmm...OP specifically said the site promised him a girlfriend within 30 seconds.

After five days of patiently waiting, the site now owes him 432,000 girlfriends.

Some of these wenches had better step up and start delivering on the promised goods...that's all I have to say.

~hrrrrumph~

You kill me! laugh

tomakeaprince's photo
Fri 11/07/14 01:01 PM

How did you add that to your message? happy I'm going to play it on this piano.

tomakeaprince's photo
Fri 11/07/14 12:53 PM
Can this be the real one and we ignore the other two accidents? :( /fail/

tomakeaprince's photo
Fri 11/07/14 12:51 PM
I did not mean for that to post 3 times... Wow. ohwell

tomakeaprince's photo
Fri 11/07/14 12:49 PM
I'm writing some new music and I'm so excited! I found this interesting text to set for SATB+Piano. bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile Not quite B minor because I'm not raising the leading tone. Natural minor or Aeolian

tomakeaprince's photo
Fri 11/07/14 12:43 PM

perhaps all the good single guys just think their good guys, so just think they see most bad single girls, and perhaps all the good single girls, just think their good, so but think they see most bad single guys, hence creating a vortex of same juxtaposed mentality creating no solution possible.

wa lah...

the perception one has create that into existence for one self.

Yeah, what he said.

tomakeaprince's photo
Fri 11/07/14 12:43 PM

Might I suggest a hotel bar, around happy hour?

HA! XD XD

tomakeaprince's photo
Fri 11/07/14 12:41 PM
Amahl and the Night Visitors.

tomakeaprince's photo
Fri 11/07/14 12:39 PM
Many of the good guys are spoken for. Many of them are not. There are plenty of good guys out there that just aren't my type, and there's nothing wrong with that.

tomakeaprince's photo
Wed 11/05/14 09:42 PM
Well, that escalated quickly.

tomakeaprince's photo
Wed 11/05/14 09:37 PM
I agree that the kind of men who take issue with confidence are not the ones I'm having trouble approaching because I have no desire to approach them. There are plenty of jerks around, but it's respectable ones I get nervous around because their opinions actually matter.

tomakeaprince's photo
Wed 11/05/14 09:22 PM
Actually, when it comes down to it I'm very firm about my needs and boundaries. It's started some "fights" but there's a block button for a reason.

tomakeaprince's photo
Wed 11/05/14 09:07 PM
I'm looking for long term, but I like to go slow.

tomakeaprince's photo
Wed 11/05/14 09:01 PM
Maybe my problem has more to do with confidence than anything else.

tomakeaprince's photo
Wed 11/05/14 08:56 PM
That may be the most helpful thing. I'm trying that, actually. Thanks.

Previous 1