Community > Posts By > flotsamseawind

flotsamseawind's photo
Sun 11/23/14 08:45 PM
Having read a huge amount of the threads and boards on here, I've noticed that the majority of "activity" is from folk who joined between 2 and many years ago.
As a frequenter of forums of many types, I've noticed also that when this happens, it can be very hard for new folk to "break in" to the "members guild"...much like moving to a new school and coming up against all those kids who have been at the school since day dot.

This is not a complaint, just an observation...as a newbie,a hermit and an Aussie. bigsmile blushing frustrated

flotsamseawind's photo
Thu 11/13/14 08:24 PM
As someone who can no longer drive, but who still loves to travel this great wide land of Oz, I started thinking how it could be possible.
Coupled with the fact that I see so many other folk around my age, who CAN drive and who also like to travel this wide brown land of ours, I wonder whether we could set up a sort of "Directory"...a place where those who would love to travel, but who don't want to travel alone, could meet others who want the same thing.

If you like the concept, and/or have ideas about how to achieve it, please post here, and we can see if there's enough interest from fellow Aussies bigsmile

flotsamseawind's photo
Thu 11/13/14 06:40 PM
Edited by flotsamseawind on Thu 11/13/14 06:41 PM
Fans herself after reading no1phD's description of his kiss.
flowerforyou

flotsamseawind's photo
Thu 11/13/14 02:31 PM
During the finale of Season 8 of Doctor Who the other day.

flotsamseawind's photo
Tue 11/11/14 05:33 PM
The lone wolf.
17 schools in 12 years of schooling and never had 2 birthdays in the same house.

I used to wag school and go to the town library to read, or i would just sit outside the post office and observe people.

Was offered Mensa membership at one point, but declined...too blinkered for me.

flotsamseawind's photo
Tue 11/11/14 04:51 PM

what r u looking for?

My marbles.

flotsamseawind's photo
Mon 11/10/14 08:34 PM
Thanks to all the welcome wagon biggrin
@ white smoke...they sure must hide the forum well then as I never found one lol

flotsamseawind's photo
Mon 11/10/14 04:03 PM
Hi, and thank you michelake,m3k4y and soufie happy

flotsamseawind's photo
Mon 11/10/14 03:30 PM
Thanks fleta :smile:

flotsamseawind's photo
Mon 11/10/14 03:21 PM
Been reading the Forums since I joined..must say, it's amazing and great to find a dating site with WITH a Forum!
Figured I'd best say "Hi".

I'm an Aussie, I'm a hermit ( the internet has been my favourite invention :P )...I do fine in very small groups( 1- 3).

flotsamseawind's photo
Sun 11/09/14 03:06 PM
Relieved :smile:

flotsamseawind's photo
Sun 11/09/14 03:02 PM

AAaaand, he deactivated his account... laugh laugh laugh good work, guys! He knew if he had to ask, like one of you said, that it WAS wrong. Anyway, I'm one of the new kids, Holly, this is my first time posting something in the forum. I read through a lot of them yesterday, and a few of you literally had me laughing out loud. I needed that, more than you know.

Slipping in on Holly's coattails...first time for me posting too- and yep, I've been reading all the Forums since I joined yesterday, and haven't laughed so much in a long time.
Thanks bigsmile

flotsamseawind's photo
Sun 11/09/14 02:54 PM
Well, your profile seems fine, so maybe it's the "emphasis" you have on "420" :wink: