ClassyleggyBlonde's photo
Tue 03/10/15 07:47 PM
Thanks again to everyone for your comments and insights. They have helped me realize that he probably was just looking for someone to flirt with online with no further intent, and now he's moving on to his next prey. I had quit my job of 15 years shortly before I heard from him, and was feeling low from the way my resignation was handled, and was alone with a lot of time on my hands, hence the skyping for hours a day. At that place and time, I was vulnerable, and he was so sincere sounding, I believed him. What I don't understand is why he sent me nude pictures of himself shortly before his last departure. If I was vindictive, I could do mean things with those pictures. Luckily for him, I'm a nice person who just wants to move on.

Mon 03/09/15 07:50 PM
Post some pictures smiling, and looking happy and confident. Also, add some more content to your profile, so women will be motivated to contact or respond to you.

Sun 03/08/15 08:50 PM
I don't think distance was the issue. We live about 1000 miles apart, and have visited each other's cities years ago. It was actually when I was telling him that I had looked into flights to go and visit him, that he started doing his Houdini act, so it seems to me that he's with someone, and couldn't have me around. I "met" him on another dating site, and when I checked on there one time after I hadn't heard from him for 3 weeks, noticed that he had been online within the last hour, so doesn't that seem like he's on the prowl for someone else? I promptly went off it. I wondered why he was on a Canadian dating site when he lives in the US. Maybe all he was looking for was someone to flirt with online without any intent to meet, but boy, he sure seemed sincere.

I appreciate everyone's insight and speculation. I'm feeling a little rejected by the whole experience, and could use some support. No more long distance dating for me!

Sun 03/08/15 08:57 AM
I "met" a fellow online who lived in another city, and for almost 3 months we had an intense online romance. We would Skype for hours a day, sometimes 5 or 6...we couldn't get enough of each other. We had incredible connection, and right from the start, he talked about us meeting. He told me he was crazy about me; gave me every indication that he was serious about having a relationship with me. It really sounded sincere. I then started hearing from him less and less. Times he was supposed to call me, he had excuses; one time when I was supposed to call him his phone wasn't on, he wasn't returning my messages, until finally I just never heard from him again. I've racked my brain as to what happened. All I can think of is that he must be in a in a relationship or he met someone, and doesn't have the guts to tell me. How could someone go from 100% to zero?

Fri 12/19/14 12:18 PM
A man received the following text from his neighbour:
"I am so sorry Bob. I've been riddled with guilt and I have to confess..
I have been helping myself to your wife, day and night when you're not around. In fact, I have probably been getting more than you. I do not get it at home -but that's no excuse. I can no longer live with the guilt and I hope you will accept my sincerest apology with my promise that it won't, ever happen again."
The man, anguished and betrayed, went directly into his bedroom, grabbed his gun, and without a word, shot his wife dead.
A few moments later, a second text came in, "Bloody Autospell !! Sorry Bob, the second sentence should refer to 'your Wifi'."

Thu 12/18/14 11:33 PM
In my experience, I have not found it to be a problem that I am over 50. I've had men show interest in me that are of all ages. There are always going to be men who will only be attracted to younger women, but I have heard from men who are only interested in older women. Attraction is always going to factor in no matter what the age, but a women's confidence, intelligence, and the way she presents herself in both her profile and photos is going to be a determination as well.