Community > Posts By > mortalez

mortalez's photo
Sat 12/01/18 11:38 AM

yep, common problem for those of us who don't live in a major metro area. 80 miles to the big city and I find that a little further than I'm willing to go. Good luck

and the sad thing is I live in the 15th largest city in the country, and our sister city is the 9th largest city. but these are texas cities so they are spread out. not much population density.

mortalez's photo
Sat 12/01/18 10:31 AM

It seems no matter what app or dating site I use with little exception I'm seeing the same damn faces over and over, either people I've already dated, gone out with or messaged before and got a "thanks but no thanks" some of these women I saw their adds online consistently for years. POF and OKC seems to think they are possible matches because of shared interests And I would agree but sadly most of them did not.

As soon as I add my search filters BAM!!! the same 20-30 people pop up with maybe a 1 or 2 new ones every few months who moved here from somewhere else.

And its not like my search filters are all that strict I'm open to any race almost any age(15 years either direction but I list 20 just in case because I've seen much older women I find attractive and I would not rule out a woman in her early 20's though I would have to think hard on it.)

I pretty much only filter out women with kids(at home), obese and lives more than 15-20 miles(don't do long distance).

THIS is why I refuse to try any more pay sites..
I saw the same exact guys on Match, Zoosk, OurTime (aka Ye Olde Farts site), etc....as I saw on the free sites....so, why pay to join them?

I too have seemingly run out of guys in my area..(within a reasonable distance) insofar as the compatible ones who have things in common with me...
Then you add in the dead/ ancient profiles of people who haven't been on any site in months or *years* (probably)...

Then you add in the morons who are apparently on the sites JUST for sh**s & giggles..to f**k with people, be mean...and are not looking to date or meet anyone..
It's hard.....

(hence, my post the other day about trying to comminicate with someone a distance away...expand my search area)

You are not alone, darlin'.... {{hug}}

Yep and unfortunately every time I lift my distance filter I get messaged by women who live waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy out in the sticks. read there profiles and they actually are looking for what I'm looking for, its depressing where as in my local area anytime I run across a profile where a woman seems compatible(same hobbies and interests), and I find them attractive I get down to what they seek and its always "just friends" or "casual dating nothing serious" so I ad to my filters only those seeking "long term" or "marriage" And then all I see is single mothers and or morbidly obese women and the few women I would find attractive haven't logged in since 2012 or something.

mortalez's photo
Sat 12/01/18 09:38 AM
It seems no matter what app or dating site I use with little exception I'm seeing the same damn faces over and over, either people I've already dated, gone out with or messaged before and got a "thanks but no thanks" some of these women I saw their adds online consistently for years. POF and OKC seems to think they are possible matches because of shared interests And I would agree but sadly most of them did not.

As soon as I add my search filters BAM!!! the same 20-30 people pop up with maybe a 1 or 2 new ones every few months who moved here from somewhere else.

And its not like my search filters are all that strict I'm open to any race almost any age(15 years either direction but I list 20 just in case because I've seen much older women I find attractive and I would not rule out a woman in her early 20's though I would have to think hard on it.)

I pretty much only filter out women with kids(at home), obese and lives more than 15-20 miles(don't do long distance).

mortalez's photo
Wed 11/04/15 09:09 AM

let's not fool ourselves....both

Ditto...lets be real here or maybe I'm just getting older.... I've had love give me the money~~~ I'll show ya how happy I can be....bigsmile :banana:

I would choose both as well....But if we only had one choice and could not do both then give me the money.......

That is just sad.

2 Next