Community > Posts By > TheLonelyWalker

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Sat 08/09/08 12:09 PM
a rainbow at the beach right at sunset with the lady who I was deeply in love at that time (after surfing perfect waves in the OP).
There is nothing more perfect than that.

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Sat 08/09/08 12:04 PM

First of all, and most important of all, both parties must know that the purpose of an argument (not a debate) is to provide the audience with both points of view in a subject, and not to debate each others points of view. Therefore, it follows that instead of sharing points of views the argument turns into an attack in each others points of view, then the argument is moot.

If we start with premises such you are delusional because of your point of view or you are evil (or a pack of vipers) then the argument also becomes moot.

No matter how ridiculous the other party's reasoning seems to me, I can't diminish or be derogatory towards to the other party.

For instance, I was reading in a thread that somebody has the theory the Holy Virgin was raped when she conceived Jesus, and that is why she kept it secret. In all honesty such train of thought seemed to me very ludicrous. However, I must respect the person who came to such conclusion. I don't know this person's reasons, it could have been ignorance, misconceptions who knows. It's not my mission to criticize this person, but to inform.

It isn't my mission either to try to change this person's mind. This individual can keep thinking as he/she so wish. But at least if this person is respectful enough to read my point of view (if I state it), and see and respect my position about the issue.

If there is not respect towards each party the argument is also rendered moot.

When my initial intention is to proselytize in either way (christian or atheist proselytism) the argument is also rendered moot.

It's such a waste of time trying to convert people, faith is a personal response of the individual, and it cannot be forced, as some fundamentalists pretend to do. Even worse when the means used to convert are hate and fear.

Finally, if my ego is bigger than my butt any statement coming from me is also invalid, ergo, my position is erroneous, and the argument is rendered moot.

TLW

I can get with these parameters...

Only thing is...

I have no argument. flowers

even better

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Sat 08/09/08 11:59 AM

Okay when does it start. I will be the audiencebigsmile

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Sat 08/09/08 11:56 AM
Edited by TheLonelyWalker on Sat 08/09/08 11:57 AM
First of all, and most important of all, both parties must know that the purpose of an argument (not a debate) is to provide the audience with both points of view in a subject, and not to debate each others points of view. Therefore, it follows that instead of sharing points of views the argument turns into an attack in each others points of view, then the argument is moot.

If we start with premises such you are delusional because of your point of view or you are evil (or a pack of vipers) then the argument also becomes moot.

No matter how ridiculous the other party's reasoning seems to me, I can't diminish or be derogatory towards to the other party.

For instance, I was reading in a thread that somebody has the theory the Holy Virgin was raped when she conceived Jesus, and that is why she kept it secret. In all honesty such train of thought seemed to me very ludicrous. However, I must respect the person who came to such conclusion. I don't know this person's reasons, it could have been ignorance, misconceptions who knows. It's not my mission to criticize this person, but to inform.

It isn't my mission either to try to change this person's mind. This individual can keep thinking as he/she so wish. But at least if this person is respectful enough to read my point of view (if I state it), and see and respect my position about the issue.

If there is not respect towards each party the argument is also rendered moot.

When my initial intention is to proselytize in either way (christian or atheist proselytism) the argument is also rendered moot.

It's such a waste of time trying to convert people, faith is a personal response of the individual, and it cannot be forced, as some fundamentalists pretend to do. Even worse when the means used to convert are hate and fear.

Finally, if my ego is bigger than my butt any statement coming from me is also invalid, ergo, my position is erroneous, and the argument is rendered moot.

TLW

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Sat 08/09/08 11:16 AM

Yet what to do Christians do? They lock him up inside a book, and carry around a graven image of a man nailed to a cross to symbolize this creator of our universe.

If we are to take the Bible as allegories and metaphors, then we must accept that God refuses to be locked up inside a book, or nailed to a cross that can be carried around as a graven image of his persona.

We must accept that God truly is who he says he is; "I am that I am".

And leave it at that. flowerforyou

God must have validity to all his childern. Not just to those who attempt to hoard him for their own mortal agendas.

Right here we lost it, for me that guy nailed to a cross, is the begotten Son of the true God, and therefore, He is my Lord and my God.
If that premise is not respected (even though you don't agree with it) the argument is rendered moot.

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Sat 08/09/08 05:33 AM

the fundamentalist and the atheist struggle at its best. wonderful way to start a saturday morning.

It's all your fault...where were YOU???? LOL

Good morning~~~~~~

working all night long to make a decent living.
good morning.

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Sat 08/09/08 05:32 AM

the fundamentalist and the atheist struggle at its best. wonderful way to start a saturday morning.

I am not an atheist. Good try though.:wink:

I wish I could answer some of your question, not with the intent to convert you (that would be to much of a waste of time), but at least I would give you a more informed view.
However, in this environment is not the best.
an environment where you are called viper just because you don't believe the same as others, or I'm called delusional just because I'm a christian. Not a good environment.

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Sat 08/09/08 05:25 AM

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Sat 08/09/08 05:21 AM

Why would the "son of god" need to somehow be created through non traditional means? Tell me why that is evil or bad?

it's not evil or bad at all. it's just lack of knowledge.

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Sat 08/09/08 05:06 AM
Why is that people pretend to think that the Bible is a scientifically written book.
IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN DATA IN THE BIBLE.
The Bible was written based upon oral tradition (if you want to call it myths, it's still OK) which was collected by inspired authors who with the guide of the Holy Spirit were trying to convey a specific message to a specific group of people.
Now we need to take in consideration the literary styles of the time, the intended audience with it socio-cultural background at the time, and what what was the pedagogical message that the author was trying to convey or theological principle.
In order to do that we need to know some about ancient culture and language.
If we don't have any of these things what we are doing is just mere interpretations based upon in what fits best to our convenience.
For instance, the atheist wants to prove the invalidity of the Bible, thus with this bias the person reads the Bible and start running conclusions without any prior knowledge.
The one who hates christianity reads it with this bias, and again draws conclusions based upon ignorance and misconceptions.
The "christian" fundamentalist just reads verbatim, and claims ridicule things such as the whole universe was created in seven days.
The intended audience of the Bible nowadays is for those who have faith, so if a person is an atheist well I just don't get why even bother getting annoyed by the nonsense they claim the Bible is.
And for those who have faith first we need to be knowledgable of the context in which the Bible was written, thus we can apply Holy Scripture in a very personal manner, and not to judge or condemn others.
The worse case scenario is when the Bible is used for an ARGUMENTUM AD HOMINEM, that is when either the atheist or the fundamentalis runs out of plausible arguments to debate in a civilize manner, and they start personally attacking each other. Using terms like "brainwashed or delusional" and "son of the evil or sinner."

TLW

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Sat 08/09/08 04:39 AM

A surfer knows, there is no wave to be One with, unless one BECOMES the wave and is in balance with it...

specially when you are running waves with dolphins, that is a blessing indeed.

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Sat 08/09/08 04:35 AM

Lonely, your multiple quotes by multitudes of brainwashed people means nothing to me.

Truly.

Posting tons of opinions from people who believe in the myth is nothing but a total waste of time. It doesn't show anything other than the fact that a lot of people believe it.

We already know that.

You lost time when you answered this, I didn't. If you are as enlighten as you claim to be you wouldn't even have responded.

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Sat 08/09/08 04:33 AM
Edited by TheLonelyWalker on Sat 08/09/08 04:35 AM

Lonely, your multiple quotes by multitudes of brainwashed people means nothing to me. Jesus gave the concept that the majority is always wrong by saying "wide is the way that leads to destruction and many there be therein, but narrow is the way leading to life and few there be that find it".

Your bias and puerile statement which only intent is to deny a principle of faith of many, doesn't mean anything to me either.
You are just another fundie. Even Luther and Calvin tha fathers of protestantism recognized the virgin birth.

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Fri 08/08/08 01:47 PM
greetings to all of you.

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Fri 08/08/08 01:46 PM

One would hope so Spider...:wink:

Hello Miguel! flowerforyou :heart:

Cool days and colder ocean...winter....sigh!:wink:

not running wave for now?

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Fri 08/08/08 01:37 PM
well if people are allowed to make tens of nonsensical threads, for the sake of calling attention, well I think I also have the right to waste cyber space.

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Fri 08/08/08 01:33 PM

...we all know who are the usual posters in the Religion forums.
what if one of the regulars stop posting would any of us get worried about this person?
or it just would be another person who is gone with the wind?

Would the cyber world notice if I didnt post?

Bwah hahahahaha!!!!

Is that like the cyber tree falling in the cyber forest????:wink: laugh laugh laugh

hi, my sweet aussie sister.
I hope everything is good in your side of the world.

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Fri 08/08/08 01:30 PM
...attention-whore, so say hello to me.huh

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Fri 08/08/08 01:21 PM
are we really winning?
the propaganda machinery at its best.
First of all, the whole thing in Iraq is based upon a lie that this government sold to the people, and the sheeps bought it.
Second of all, there never was a real target, but bunch of lies invented by the intelligence services.

TheLonelyWalker's photo
Fri 08/08/08 01:08 PM

well in case you didnt notice, I am far from being a liberal...ohwell

I like that teddy.
VIVA LA REVOLUCION, CARAJO.

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next