And so my heart sings

Christmas is love
Boy I have been blessed
Looking forward to change,
Leaving God handle the rest

12/2/11 PRAYING FOR PEACE, LOVE, AND THE LITTLE THINGS THAT MAKE A DIFFERENCE

Mystique42's photo
Thu 12/01/11 08:04 PM
renaissance faire is my favorite place to go.... yes I'd go! Would you go to a play in New York City with me?

Mystique42's photo
Thu 12/01/11 07:04 PM
flowerforyou very nice! I hope your wish comes true.

Mystique42's photo
Thu 12/01/11 06:59 PM
Sure, I love popcorn!

Would you go boating down the river with me in my blow up boat?

Mystique42's photo
Thu 12/01/11 01:08 PM
I recently moved to Ashley area, not far from Dallas or Wilkes-Barre, PA

Mystique42's photo
Thu 12/01/11 01:04 PM
I haven't found a "who".... but I am most attracted to gentlemen who are honest, hard working, humble, and compassionate towards those with special needs. I love the guy who puts his heart into all he does, and is thoughtful.

Mystique42's photo
Tue 11/29/11 04:14 PM
Thank you for the prayers, and all the well wishes. My son came through surgery with flying colors. He is doing great!

Every now and then, dear son
Time reminds me, my little one
How precious single moments can be
Like when you faced ear surgery

It's just the thought that you could go
In a split second, everything I know
It all could change and how sad I'd be
For you are my heart, my legacy

I could not be just who I am
Without you here my little man
For everything I do is for you
My job, my hopes, and all I pursue

You changed my world the day you came
Since then I have not been the same
How blessed I am to be your mother
As for my life, I'd choose no other.

Love ya,

Mom

SDF 11/29/11

Mystique42's photo
Tue 11/29/11 03:40 PM
Whooo hoooo.... is it getting warm in here? Love it.

Mystique42's photo
Tue 11/29/11 03:37 PM
Hello my very dear minglers/friends.... today's surgery went by wonderfully. The hardest part was when they had him down on the table with everyone holding him and the mask over his face and they told me to give him a kiss and say goodbye. I began crying as I left the room.... they should have NEVER said to say goodbye. Well, I am an emotional person to begin with and my son has my heart. We came home and put up the tree and some decorations for the holidays. I can not tell you how HAPPY I am to share in his life. For those who don't know, my son is adopted and many people apologize to me when I say I have a son who has Down syndrome. This little boy did not grow from my womb, but he certainly has grown in my heart and there is nothing to apologize for.

He has taught me the most wonderful things.... and those things are quite simple. Yet the simplest thing of all is to love and do so with all of your heart.

Mystique42's photo
Mon 11/28/11 04:24 PM
Thank you for all the prayers. My poem "My Little Boy Blue" comes from the heart. Thank you for the compliments on my poem in the poems forum! Well, it's time to get this little guy into the tub and prepare for the early morning journey. I feel SOO very blessed to have all of your prayers. My ex stopped paying child support again, and boy it's hard enough with a child who has so many needs. I am trusting and believing the Lord will provide. I am hoping I will be able to go back to my job on Wednesday and that surgery goes without a problem.

Mystique42's photo
Mon 11/28/11 12:04 PM
Spagetti o smiles
Sticking hands full of goo
Oh where have you been
My little boy blue

Cleaning up here
To find a new mess
I can't keep ahead
Or keep you in clean dress

Always exploring
Taking apart things
Always up to something
Whatever life brings

As you face surgery
Spagetti o's on the floor
I know in my heart
I love you even more

You keep me hopping
Running here and there
You keep me going
So I sit here in prayer

In a quick second
I know you'll be fine
My little boy blue
I'm just so glad your mine

-----

Tomorrow my son with Down syndrome faces surgery.
He is having tubes put in his ears, but any surgery seems hard
and perhaps it's because his last surgery was heart surgery.
I am praying for God's best.

SDF 11/28/11

Mystique42's photo
Mon 11/28/11 11:36 AM
Tomorrow morning at 5:45 am I will be on the road heading towards the hospital with my little boy with Down syndrome. He had heart surgery at three years old, and many of you may remember this. I've always been so thankful for my friends on Mingle.

Last night my mom said she couldn't breathe again and to make matters a bit nutty my stepdad answered the phone today saying "People were going into the bathroom and not coming out. She will call you back later." He has dementia and she's been taking care of him. Unfortunately we can't afford the med alert, and I often worry about my mom knowing she has COPD and usually has a breathing issue this time of year.
I was so concerned because I don't live next door to them.

I also spoke to my daughter last night who told me she needs gallbladder surgery and she has had some terrible episodes leaving her in horrible pain. Boy, I feel like when it rains...it pours sometimes. However, I am believing GOD has us all covered and everything will work out for his glory and our good. Taking it one day at a time, and just hoping for a good nights sleep to make it through tomorrow without crying. I keep myself it's just ear surgery NOT heart surgery. When a nurse says, IF all goes well.... you sit back thinking it just HAS to go well.

I work in a school district now and have been out of work without pay for seven days, and I really need to work. The child support hasn't come and I've gotten no notice that it will. Yet I do believe God will provide and we will be okay. If anything, I've grown much stronger in my faith since Noah's heart surgery. I've also grown richer in friends online. Noah and I are so blessed!

Mystique42's photo
Fri 11/25/11 06:08 AM
I see the world as a wonderful place with so many places yet to be discovered. There is both good and bad, but it is a matter of focusing on the good.

Mystique42's photo
Wed 11/23/11 10:20 PM
Thanks Terry!

Nice seeing so many still on here since I left! :)

Mystique42's photo
Wed 11/23/11 10:16 PM
Happy Turkey Day to you as well!

Mystique42's photo
Wed 11/23/11 10:14 PM
Edited by Mystique42 on Wed 11/23/11 10:15 PM
My son with Down syndrome who had heart surgery at three years old is having surgery on his ears this coming Tuesday. I know this is going to be a very scary time for him. He is now seven. I'm praying for the best outcome for my lil man.

Thank you in advance!

Mystique42's photo
Wed 11/23/11 10:08 PM
I think the child would be very surprised at how strong I've become as I raise my adopted special needs child alone. Although Prince Charming was always a hope as a child, and I think the child would find it surprising that I'm where I am at this point in my life.

Mystique42's photo
Wed 11/23/11 10:03 PM
How blessed am I upon this day
To be raising my son and getting to play
To be buying a home of our very own
How blessed am I because with God I am never alone

How blessed am I that I can see
Or extend an arm in praise to thee
To walk a mile or share a thought
Lord I've been blessed quite a lot

How blessed to have a grateful heart
My friends on Mingle and a brand new start