Community > Posts By > arcbladek

no photo
Wed 06/15/16 08:58 AM
yawn

no photo
Mon 06/13/16 07:18 AM
My general response is NO! NO! NO!

I don't even give out my email until I've had a few messages back and forth with them, enough to convince me that it's a real person on the other end. Not a bot or scammer.

no photo
Fri 06/10/16 01:44 PM

give your friends, coworkers, family members carte blanche to go out and play matchmakr

no photo
Fri 06/10/16 01:44 PM
"Hi, I'm [name]" is usually a pretty good ice breaker.
Just ask some specific details about their profile.
Or ask about something simple that isn't on their profile: fave band/music, fave recipes

Or you could intro with some odd talent of yours.
Can you make a complex recipe? Recite the Declaration of Independence?

Keep it short and simple.
Sadly, you;ll find meeting people on here is like trying to meet someone face to face.
You just go thru the whole meet and ignore/rejection process A LOT faster.
But since you're not having to meet them face to face (unless you ever actually got to that point), you get used to it pretty quick.

no photo
Thu 06/09/16 02:18 PM
The sad fact of essentially any online dating site:

- use a truly free website/app, and the good news is you can email anyone you want (some might have a limit on the # of messages).
The bad news is that ... well ... anyone can create a profile and send messages

- use a site/app with a subscription and you will get fewer messages from fakes/scams. bad news is that messaging on some sites can be equally restricted to the other person must ALSO be a subscriber. OR, they can only message back to a subscriber.
So it's not uncommon that once a sub is up, you probably stop using it, or delete your profile entirely.

Because people actually reply to the scammers and the scammers somehow are able to milk a few dollars out because someone, somewhere, falls for them ... they keep doing it.

You can block them, "hide" them, and moderators do sometimes wipe out a few accounts.
But like roaches and termites, you kill 1, but there are 10 more to pop back up real quick.

no photo
Mon 06/06/16 11:23 AM

It does save you from the laborious task of typing a Hi email and shields you from a direct rejection of being ignored.
Also it indicates people who are more inclind to look at pics rather than read profiles.

Sadly, seems to be true.
Frankly a waste of coding to even have it.
Either message or don't ... but oh well ...

no photo
Thu 06/02/16 03:19 PM
Out of curiosity, what is the use of the "Match" feature?

Seeing as people can actually message each other (unless there's a daily email cap that I'm not aware of), isn't the function kinda redundant?

1 2 4 Next