Community > Posts By > middi1

no photo
Tue 01/10/12 09:38 PM

Paul said it was better to marry than to burn. That he would others could be like him. But is that being realistic? We make these vows then try to live up to them. God said that it is not good that man should be alone. Maybe God had prior experience. Experience is a good teacher. God was alone with just the void for company before he created creation. Does the void even need to be created? It is the absence of something. The Romans had no zero. It must have been hard of them to even conceive of the nothingness. It is said that nature abhors a vacuum. But how can that be if there is a thing called the Black Hole? But God can even keep the Black Hole in check. Jesus said that God is a spirit. God spent time with Adam but still he said that it is not good that man should be alone. God gave man a choice of all the animals. But God made man is in his image. God has the duality but man is single like woman is single. If God needed someone like him the Son of the Morning wouldn't have to be cast down. But the Son of the Morning is a poor excuse for God. If you can conceive that the Highlander's saying that there can be only one then it isn't so hard to accept the first commandment. God didn't say, "Be fruitful just to be fruitful" God made trees, too. We are supposed to be wise as serpent not be serpents. God doesn't want man to be a snake. God already made snakes. I think Adam made a good choice in picking Eve. :smile:

Wow, what an interesting view. I really like the last line: "I think Adam made a Good choice in picking Eve." Very insightful. I'm going to meditate on that..

no photo
Sun 12/18/11 09:30 PM
Edited by middi1 on Sun 12/18/11 09:43 PM
Some very good advice on this thread. It seems the that the original poster may have some inner issues to resolve first. I know its hard to admit the we may be doing something wrong ourselves. But if you're stuck on certain areas of your life, it's usually a big indicator that the problem stems from "you". Talking to people helps, ask close friends and family if they have any "insight" into your problem. Most times loved ones see things, but don't speak on it, so as to not hurt your feelings. But I've been through it to. I'd rather have people tell me about my faults,and get hurt/mad for a minute, then go the rest of my life feeling that I'm missing out on something good.

Good luck and God Bless.

PS: @RhonLynn: Love your tats! So Pretty!

no photo
Sun 12/18/11 09:10 PM

I heard the very best advice today that I think would help ANY relationship endure if it was a mutual value and it was this

ask yourself everyday 'how can I love (your partner) a little bit more today and bring out the best in them?'

if we would mutually strive towards that goal everyday, our relationships would be so much more fulfilling and everlasting,,,,

I think men would like that just as much as women, from someone they truly loved anyhow

Right on! Some very good advice. I will definitley pass this on. Thanks & God Bless!

no photo
Sat 12/17/11 08:25 PM

Yes! I have to agree with you on that. I'm having a very hard time finding a site that men will even considering dating black women. Even on Black Dating Sites; the men are looking for Asian, White or Latin women. So I'm checking things out, and this site is not very Black Female Friendly. Just my opinion thus far.

That's crazy, you are beautiful. I think you'll find that there are a number of white men who are open to (if not eager for) a black girlfriend.

Thank you! Well so far no luck. I don't care about race or color, I'm just looking for a nice guy, and hopefully make some new friends as well. But that's kind of hard to achieve if people don't post or stick around. But thank's for commenting. I'll stick around and check things out.

no photo
Sat 12/17/11 08:19 PM
@actionlynx

Wow! You have pretty good insight. Maybe you should work here, lol!

But seriously, you bring up some interesting points. Perhaps you should send your thoughts to someone in charge at Mingle2. I'll stick around for a bit, see what happens. I'm trying to make some new friends as well, so wish me luck!

no photo
Thu 12/15/11 02:42 PM
Yes! I have to agree with you on that. I'm having a very hard time finding a site that men will even considering dating black women. Even on Black Dating Sites; the men are looking for Asian, White or Latin women. So I'm checking things out, and this site is not very Black Female Friendly. Just my opinion thus far.

no photo
Thu 12/15/11 02:28 PM
That's so true!

no photo
Thu 12/15/11 02:25 PM
I'm wondering the same thing...

no photo
Thu 12/15/11 02:22 PM
AMEN to that!

no photo
Thu 12/15/11 02:22 PM
Annie, I've been dealing with the same thing. An ex of mine, who wanted to get back with me through those same words in my face. "Good luck, because no man is going to wait for marriage these days." I told him that, YES, a REAL Man of God will.

I too struggle with loneliness, and doubt, but these posters are right. Just keep reading the Word of God and when those thoughts and feelings come up, just get them out of your brain and recall scripture, or imagine the future God has planned for your and your new family.

God has it all planned out, we just can't see it yet:

My Life is but a weaving
between my Lord and me;
I cannot choose the colors
He worketh steadily.

Oft times He weaveth sorrow
And I, in foolish pride,
Forget He sees the upper,
And I the under side.

Not til the loom is silent
And the shuttles cease to fly,
Shall God unroll the canvas