Community > Posts By > FishLanier

FishLanier's photo
Thu 11/30/17 01:51 PM
Wait till New Years at least...

FishLanier's photo
Thu 11/30/17 01:49 PM
I like the forums and just added a little note about a day at the pool with my daughter where we saved a little three striped honey bee from drowning. She's my number 1 priority. I won a free cruise this spring and took her on it with me. We had a blast though it was beach and pool everyday even though I wanted to take her on the excursions. She's a nature girl and loves animals so we were running around looking at fish and feeding iguanas it was a blast.

Thank you both!

FishLanier's photo
Thu 11/30/17 01:41 PM
06/23 Rescued an Italian Three Striped honey bee from drowning in the pool today with my daughter. She noticed it and thought it was dead but it was moving ever so slightly. A pool noodle provided the life line for her and she gladly took it. A quick boost to the cement under the life guard station and we watched her for about 10-15 minutes. Another three stripe came over and she was flexing and beating her wings to dry them so she could join up with the new arrival.

Then she took off and flew across the pool and disappeared out of sight. Thinking about this from a human's perspective it would be like the equivalent of you being in the middle of the Pacific no land in sight and not much hope when a divine force lifts you out of the water depositing you on dry land. She then flew back over the ocean to go home.

Imagine the stories this survivor will tell when she makes it back to the hive... We learned when I was younger that bees communicate by dancing to their hive-mates. (might be a little too dramatic or far reaching on this one but a nice thought to consider.....) Show a little kindness to someone or something today no matter how small it's always appreciated....

FishLanier's photo
Thu 11/30/17 01:31 PM
Thank you so much. I will add that. I want someone upbeat and proactive and makes things happen. So far I don't think anyone real has mailed me on this site. It's all been scammers unfortunately. I am hoping there are some real people to meet in Georgia.

FishLanier's photo
Thu 11/30/17 01:23 PM
No kiss on the horizon yet that I know of.. Possible I find her/she finds me this month..

FishLanier's photo
Thu 11/30/17 01:18 PM
Any other comments or constructive criticism please?

Thanks so much,

FishLanier's photo
Wed 11/29/17 04:04 PM
Lacrosse for me, I am in an over 35 year old league. The skills are still there even if I am a bit (or a lot) slower. It also takes a bit longer to heal up after the games so limited to one day a week now. (though I have been known to play 3 games back to back to back...)

FishLanier's photo
Wed 11/29/17 03:00 PM
Thank you, I listen to my gut when I interact, I also look for broken English, grammar and words that just do not ring true.

Thank you though for the advice and reminder, it is appreciated.

FishLanier's photo
Wed 11/29/17 02:33 PM
Just popping in to say hello. I am looking for a new friend and hope it builds with chemistry into something very long lasting.

FishLanier's photo
Wed 11/29/17 02:31 PM
I am brand new here. Any tips or constructive criticism would be very much welcome.

Thank you,

Scott

1 3 Next