Community > Posts By > Denny4844

no photo
Thu 11/11/10 01:15 PM
Thank you to the guys also for your replies.

It's useful to see the male perspective on this one.

Just to clarify though: I didn't 'use' him as a friend when I was lonely. We became friends when I was lonely. That implies that I was going to 'toss him away' when I was no longer lonely, which obviously isn't the case, as I was planning to see him next week for sushi.

And, yes, he did 'hang on' in the hope that I would change my mind. I knew that, he knew that. We've had many a discussion about this in the past. I even suggested to him once that it might be easier on him if we didn't see each other any more but he was the one that insisted he didn't want to lose my friendship.

I know he's hurt, and I know he's feeling rejected but now he's making me feel like I've 'dumped' him, even though we were never dating.

no photo
Thu 11/11/10 12:58 PM
Thank you all so much for your replies!

I still haven't replied to him. I think I need a little more time to 'simmer down' before I do.

I know he has 'self-esteem' issues, and I know exactly what his feelings are, but he has always been insistent that he can deal with me dating other people.

I wish I'd been tougher 6 months ago now!

no photo
Thu 11/11/10 12:19 PM
I met a guy from another dating site about 6 months ago. After our 'meet' he asked me on a 2nd date. Although we found plenty to talk about, I declined as there was absolutely no chemistry on my part.

We continued to talk on line as we were both pretty lonely at the time, and we do have a very similar sense of humour. We'd occasionally get together for lunch but I always made it clear that we did this as 'friends' and at no point did we ever 'date' each other. We've been chatting on-line for about 6 months.

During this time I had dates with a few other guys, which he was fully aware of, and I've had one relationship which lasted a few months.

He contacted me last week and asked if I felt like going out to get some sushi. I said I would but was busy at the time, so said I'd contact him this week and we'd sort something out.

This week has been pretty much a disaster; I've had lots of problems I've had to deal with, so didn't manage to get together with him. I sent him this message:

'Hey! Sorry I didn't get back to you this week. Things didn't go according to plan. Want to do sushi next week? I can make any day except Friday. Get back to me when you can.'

And this is the reply I received:

'Hey. Not a problem Denni, I'm used to you just tossing me to the curb and forgetting about me. Just a way of life. I'm leaving for Ga next wednesday and may have company up to then. I don't know. Nobody ever treats me with any kind of respect. If somebody has time and is bored out of their skull, they may spend some time with me. I've gotten used to it.'

How would you respond to this?

no photo
Thu 11/11/10 08:25 AM
Getting my internet connection back, after EIGHTEEN HOURS. frustrated

no photo
Tue 11/09/10 04:20 PM
Anyone I know?

no photo
Tue 11/09/10 02:43 PM
You were mine....between the sheets

no photo
Tue 11/09/10 02:42 PM