Community > Posts By > roadlesstrvld

roadlesstrvld's photo
Sun 01/22/12 09:43 PM
Yes...it sounds like fun

roadlesstrvld's photo
Sun 01/22/12 09:38 PM

thank ya kindly missy. oh and as vivian would say about NJ, bless their hearts

lol...ahh the Texas sarcasm...gotta love it! flowerforyou

Well Ese, you are here in Texas so that alone makes Texas great! To know you is to love you and we all have love for our bulldog.

roadlesstrvld's photo
Sun 01/22/12 09:32 PM
Janis Joplin was great....good pick Ese

roadlesstrvld's photo
Sun 01/22/12 09:20 PM
NEW JERSEY ENTERTAINERS
New Jersey has a rich history of contributing talent to the entertainment world, whether through theatre, television, movies or radio. In fact, no other category is as well-represented by Jerseyans as entertainment. All lists contain links when possible. I have included a separate category for Music.

William "Bud" Abbott - b. 1895 d. 1974
Asbury Park, NJ
The straight man in the world-famous comedy duo of Abbott and Costello, and one of 2 non-players inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame (the other being Lou Costello, see below).

Alan Alda - b. 1936
Leonia, NJ
Born Alfonso Joseph D'Abruzzo in New York City, Alda is perhaps best known for his role as Hawkeye Pierce in the TV show M*A*S*H, but has done numerous other film and television productions. He commuted from LA to his home in New Jersey every weekend for 11 years while starring in "M*A*S*H. His wife and daughters lived in NJ, and he did not want to uproot the family to LA, especially because he did not know how long the show would last.

Jason Alexander - b. 1959
Newark, NJ
Born Jay Greenspan in Newark, Jason Alexander grew up in Livingston, NJ, and is best-known for playing "George Costanza" on the television series "Seinfeld".

John Amos - b. 1941 (?)
Newark, NJ
Film, television and stage actor, perhaps best known for his roles in Good Times and Roots.

Joan Bennett - b. 1910 d. 1990
Fort Lee, NJ
Hollywood actress, with most of her film career being in the 1930s and 1940s. Later appeared in Dark Shadows, the 1960s Gothic Horror soap opera, as family matriarch Elizabeth Collins Stoddard.
Credit for the correction to Tom Meyers, Fort Lee.

Jason Biggs - b. 1978
Pompton Plains, NJ
Born in Pompton Plains and raised in Hasbrouck Heights, Jason Biggs is probably best known for his roles in the "American Pie" movies, although he has appeared in numerous other films.
Thanks to Scott for this suggestion.

Robert Blake - b. 1933
Nutley, NJ
Born Michael Gubitosi, Blake began a film career as one of the Little Rascals, but is perhaps best known for playing Baretta on TV.

David Copperfield - b. 1956
Metuchen, NJ
Born David Kotkin, Copperfield has become a world-famous magician. At age 12, he was the youngest person ever admitted to the American Society of Magicians.

Lou Costello - b. 1906 d. 1959
Paterson, NJ
Born Louis Francis Cristillo, the second and clown half of the famous comedy duo of Abbott and Costello. Costello's hometown of Paterson has a city park dedicated to his memory.

Tom Cruise - b. 1962
Glen Ridge, NJ
Born in Syracuse, NY, as Thomas Cruise Mapother IV, the actor better known as Tom Cruise attended 15 schools in 14 years, before his family settled in Glen Ridge. Recent years have seen Cruise focus more frequently on action movies.

Vincent Curatola - b.1953
Englewood, NJ
Perhaps best known for playing the character 'Johnny Sack' on "The Sopranos", Mr. Curatola worked as a mason before his wife convinced him to return to school to pursue a career in acting.

Brian De Palma - b. 1940
Newark, NJ
Noted film director, credited with such films as Carrie, Body Double and The Untouchables.

Danny DeVito - b. 1944
Neptune, NJ
As a producer, director, actor and important Hollywood personality, DeVito is immediately recognizable wherever he goes. His work on the television series Taxi will live forever.

Michael Douglas - b. 1944
New Brunswick, NJ
Well-known television and film actor, as well as a movie producer. Oh yes, son of Kirk Douglas.

Kirsten Dunst - b. 1982
Point Pleasant, NJ
Still a young actress, Kirsten Dunst has been gradually making her mark. Ignore her at your peril. But seriously, Ms. Dunst has the chops to be the real thing. To be honest, I did not know she was NJ until recently.

Calista Flockhart - b. 1964
New Brunswick, NJ
Born in Illinois, Calista Flockhart's family moved to New Jersey where she attended high school in Medford, NJ. Also studied acting at Rutgers University in New Jersey. Best known as the lead role in the TV show "Ally MacBeal".
Thanks for this suggestion goes to Chris Holzhauer.
Thanks to Elizabeth Carmichael for the High School catch.

John Forsythe - b. 1918 d. 2010
Penns Grove, NJ
Born John Lincoln Freund, actor, known for the voice of Charlie in Charlie's Angels and Blake Carrington in Dynasty. His distinctive voice has led him to many narration jobs as well.

James Gandolfini - b. 1961
Westwood, NJ
A graduate of Rutgers University, Gandolfini, whogrew up in Park Ridge, is perhaps best known for his work as Tony Soprano on the ultra-popular HBO series The Sopranos. He has also appeared on over 20 films and plays.

Janeane Garofalo - b. 1964
Newton, NJ
Actress and comedian, Garofalo grew up in Madison, NJ. Her family moved to Houston in her senior year in high school.

Paul Gleason - b. 1939 d. 2006
Jersey City, NJ
A veteran character actor, most well-known for roles in "Trading Places" and "The Breakfast Club". He appeared in numerous film and television productions. You may not know the name, but you sure as heck know the face.

Anne Hathaway - b. 1982
Millburn, NJ
Born in New York and raised in Millburn, began her career in television but has recently been in several very well-reviewed and received movies.

Brian Keith - b. 1921 d. 1997
Bayonne, NJ
Born Robert Keith, he was a well-known television and film actor, perhaps best known for his work in "Family Affair". Also a decorated World War 2 veteran.

Ernie Kovacs - b. 1919 d. 1962
Trenton, NJ
Writer, director, actor, artist, but perhaps best known for his comedy and his early television comedy show. Tragically killed in a car crash in California.

Jane Krakowski - b. 1968
Parsippany, NJ
Born Jane Krajkowski, versatile actress, known for her work on the TV shows "Ally McBeal" and "30 Rock", but also a Tony award winner for her role in the musical "Nine".

Michael Landon - b. 1936 d. 1991
Collingswood, NJ
Born Eugene Orowitz in Queens, NY, his family moved to New Jersey when he was 5 years old. Best known for his roles in the TV shows "Bonanza" and "Little House on the Prairie".
Thanks to Tim Pascucci for this suggestion.

Nathan Lane - b. 1956
Jersey City, NJ
Noted stage and film actor, perhaps best known for his role as Max Bialystock in the staged version of The Producers.

Jerry Lewis - b. 1926
Newark, NJ
Born Joesph Levitch in Newark, an actor, writer, comedian, director, producer and all around busy person. One half of the comedy duo (Dean) Martin and (Jerry) Lewis.

Richard Lewis - b. 1947
Englewood, NJ
Born in Brooklyn, raised in Englewood, this comedian/actor has appeared in several TV shows and has a long-running stand-up comedy career.
Thanks to Joanie for this suggestion.

Ray Liotta - b. 1955
Newark, NJ
Actor Ray Liotta has been in daytime soaps and movies, including a gig portraying fellow Jerseyan Frank Sinatra.

Bill Maher - b. 1956
River Vale, NJ
Born in New York, but raised in New Jersey, comedian/satirist/political commentator Maher is well-known for his intelligent yet funny late night TV show "Real Time".

Camryn Manheim - b. 1961
Caldwell, NJ
Born Debra Frances Manheim, Camryn grew up in Illinois. This Emmy Award-winning actress has appeared in numerous television programs in addition to several film projects.

Jay Mohr - b. 1970
Verona, NJ
Actor and comedian, also a guest sportswriter for Sports Illustrated.
Thanks to Nick Frez for this suggestion.

Bebe Neuwirth - b. 1958
Princeton, NJ
Born Beatrice Neuwirth, an actress, singer, dancer, perhaps best known for playing "Lilith" on the TV shows Cheers and Frasier, however she has made a very successful career on Broadway.

Jack Nicholson - b. 1937
Neptune, NJ
Although born in New York City, multi-Oscar winner Nicholson grew up on the Jersey Shore, graduating from Manasquan High School.

Joe Pantoliano - b. 1951
Hoboken, NJ
A well-known and busy character actor, "Joey Pants" as he is known, has appeared in many movies and television programs, and has also appeared on Broadway.
Thanks to John Brennan for this suggestion.

Joe Pesci - b. 1943
Newark, NJ
Oscar-winner Pesci has been appearing in movies for 20 years, though he has really only broken through in the past 10 years.

Joe Piscopo - b. 1951
Passaic, NJ
Actor and comedian, a one-time cast member of Saturday Night Live, known for his impression of fellow NJ person Frank Sinatra.

Keshia Knight Pulliam - b. 1979
Newark, NJ
Born in Newark, Keshia attended Rutgers Prep in Somerset, among other schools. Perhaps best known as "Rudy" on The Cosby Show, she has appeared in several movies.
Thanks to Mahogany Hendricks for this suggestion.

Tara Reid - b. 1975
Wyckoff, NJ
Tara got her career started as a child actor at age 6. Since then, she has starred in many movies, though her movie career has stalled at this time.
Suggested by Anthony Genchi.

Christina Ricci - b. 1980
Montclair, NJ
Born in Santa Monica, California, the family moved to Montclair, where Christina attended elementary, middle and high school. Has made various movies, not easy to pigeonhole, which will probably be good for her career.

Kelly Ripa - b. 1970
Stratford, NJ
Actress, but perhaps best known currently as co-host with Regis Philbin of the morning TV show Live with Regis and Kelly.

Paul Rudd - b. 1969
Passaic, NJ
Born in Passaic and raised in Kansas, Rudd is an extremely busy TV, film and stage actor.

Eva Marie Saint - b. 1924
Newark, NJ
Movie actress playing several memorable leading lady roles, including opposite Marlon Brando in "On The Waterfront" and Cary Grant in "North By Northwest".

Susan Sarandon - b. 1946
Edison, NJ
Born as Susan Tomalin in New York City, Sarandon is as well-known for her activism as she is for her filmography. Graduated from Edison High School.

Meryl Streep - b. 1949
Summit, NJ
Multi-Oscar winner Streep is considered by some to be the finest actress of her generation. Her 12 Oscar nominations placed her in a tie with the legendary Katherine Hepburn.

Loretta Swit - b. 1937
Passaic, NJ
Emmy Award winning actress, best know as "Hot Lips" Houlihan on the TV show "M*A*S*H".

Norma Talmadge - b. 1893 d. 1957
Jersey City, NJ
A model, but better known as an actress during the Silent Era.

John Travolta - b. 1954
Englewood, NJ
Actor who had his career resurrected with an Oscar nomination in Pulp Fiction. Travolta also starred in television (Welcome Back, Kotter) and movies such as Grease and Saturday Night Fever.

"Uncle" Floyd Vivino - b. 1951
Paterson, NJ
All around performer, last of a dying (dead?) breed. Floyd has been in movies and on television. His show is a real vaudeville throwback. Also well-known for his piano playing.

Bruce Willis - b. 1955
Penns Grove, NJ
Born in West Germany, Willis grew up mostly in Penns Grove. Has had numerous roles on television and in movies, as well as music performance.

Clerow "Flip" Wilson - b. 1933 d. 1998
Jersey City, NJ
Actor, comedian, hosted a successful TV variety show in the 1960s and 70s.

roadlesstrvld's photo
Sun 01/22/12 09:08 PM

hey jgirl, like what great things come from NJ (since all the best things are in texas)

hmm...me...all the Jersey reality shows...Jerseylicious, Housewives of NJ...Jersey Shore...tons of comedians and actors hail from the Garden State....also...I think Sarcasm originated from NJ flowerforyou

roadlesstrvld's photo
Sun 01/22/12 09:01 PM

Whoops, NY won.

NY Giants....are actually located in NJ...great things come from NJ...bigsmile

roadlesstrvld's photo
Sun 01/22/12 08:53 PM

Hey Ese,,,I just wanted to say THANKS man,,and to tell ya,,THIS is a very COOL post you have going here...drinker

Everyone wants to be seen,,and THIS Thread is a GREAT way for TWO,
to see each other...

NOW,,,we have to all,,match you with some them here Ladies..:wink:

Party on here man,,I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate all your efforts and time here bro,,drinker :banana:

I agree ...lets all toast to Ese drinks ...he is one fine man who NEEDS a good match...ladies...what do you say?

roadlesstrvld's photo
Sun 01/22/12 08:48 PM

LOL thanks Ese....we have to find your match next glasses pitchfork

if only i had a twin brother and you had a twin sister...

yeah...if only bigsmile

roadlesstrvld's photo
Sun 01/22/12 08:37 PM
LOL thanks Ese....we have to find your match next glasses pitchfork

roadlesstrvld's photo
Wed 01/18/12 10:22 PM
Older men
Are most likely trained...
Know that if they put a smile on your face you will put a smile on theirs...
They know that the little things like opening doors for us goes a long way...
Try harder ...communicate better...love better

roadlesstrvld's photo
Wed 01/18/12 10:10 PM
Hey Ese...how about me...who would you put me with...keep in mind that my Jersey accent is not going away anytime soon... bigsmile

roadlesstrvld's photo
Tue 01/17/12 06:50 PM

Well! Look who's here...even less frequently than I am lately! Missed you!

Hey girl....how are you?,,,,missed you too...just been busy...

Doing fun stuff, I hope???

lol...always...life is a blast...go big or go home I say...

roadlesstrvld's photo
Tue 01/17/12 06:48 PM

Hello fellow Texans smokin
Hey strangerwaving

Hey Carol....hows it going?....was this day beautiful or what? God, I love Texas weather!

roadlesstrvld's photo
Tue 01/17/12 06:47 PM

Well! Look who's here...even less frequently than I am lately! Missed you!

Hey girl....how are you?,,,,missed you too...just been busy...

roadlesstrvld's photo
Tue 01/17/12 06:46 PM

LOOK EVERYONE,

IM BUNGEE JUMPING!

Fine then ignore me,:angry:

and ill be by to boil your bunnies!pitchfork laugh laugh

Bungee jumping looks like fun....not for me...but watching ...hoping the bungee doesn't break flowerforyou

roadlesstrvld's photo
Tue 01/17/12 06:43 PM
If I could be have any job in the world it would be to be a guardian angel so I could help others deal with difficult times in their lives...that would be the coolest :banana:

roadlesstrvld's photo
Tue 01/17/12 06:34 PM
Hello fellow Texans smokin

roadlesstrvld's photo
Tue 01/17/12 06:30 PM
:tongue: How about a Captain Morgan and diet coke....please.....

roadlesstrvld's photo
Fri 12/30/11 08:27 PM
Boy George...it was the 70's....still it was the weirdest...

roadlesstrvld's photo
Wed 12/14/11 09:12 AM
Welcome Eddie! The minglers here are great people and I am sure you will enjoy all the banter! I, too, am a big fan of your mom. She rocks! flowerforyou

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25