Community > Posts By > Totto

Totto's photo
Wed 10/24/18 07:31 AM
I understand your point.
Consider this:
When I meet a stranger in the street or on the terrace of a café or at the store or library, I know nothing about that person but how she looks, just like on a profile. Yet I can go over to her table and politely ask if I can sit and talk. If she says no, maybe she wants to enjoy her time alone, maybe she is waiting for a friend or maybe she doesn't feel good just at the moment or maybe she doesn't like the way I look, no big deal.
If she says yes, I sit and start talking to her and only then I get to know her better.

Also, many people do not like to say so much about themselves online because the internet is no longer safe.

Totto's photo
Wed 10/24/18 07:16 AM
We can start by having a bit of courtesy and present ourselves in a decent manner.
We don't need to have all the information about a woman before we contact her. The lack of information can be conversation starters, such as questions about herself, how she feels about such or such subjects, where she likes to go on vacation...

Totto's photo
Wed 10/24/18 06:41 AM
Overworked.
Started work at 3am, emergency at work got, called in. I finished early but wow.

Totto's photo
Wed 10/24/18 06:01 AM

" Soul Mate" is one of a number of wishful-thinking based concepts that people try to use to explain various life experiences to themselves.

The concept implies a lot of additional things, since they are required for a "soul mate" to exist.

Someone or some force in existence has to control all of existence, and arbitrarily cause such a mate to exist. There is no evidence of this force or being.

I think the reason that the idea came about, was most likely as a cover story for an entirely different problem: cheating and other results of lust.

People who found that they were strongly attracted to someone other than the mate they'd been working to be with for some time, wanted someone other than themselves to blame for their mistakes (first of staying with the person that are about to cheat on or dump, and second for the cheating or dumping itself). So they invented the idea (with lots of historic support from previous self-excusers) of "soul mate" to explain why they suddenly needed to go with this new person, or at least why they are about to leave a perfectly okay person who wants them to stay.

Once you are INSIDE of the belief that "soul mates" exist, you open a lot of other logical problems for yourself including what you have listed. In order to hang on to the idea that you have a promised "soul mate" out there, you have to add more features and rules and cover stories to the basic idea. Eventually, you can build an entire formal religion out of it, if you get carried away.

Thank you for your explanation, Igor
waving

Totto's photo
Wed 10/24/18 02:22 AM
laugh

Totto's photo
Wed 10/24/18 02:14 AM
What means "soul mate" for you?
Is possible to never meet a soul mate?
For example if she lived in another country from you, only spoke her language you didn't understand and never left her country.
Is it possible soul mate lives in Eskimos land?

Totto's photo
Wed 10/24/18 02:05 AM
drinker drinks

Totto's photo
Tue 10/23/18 05:23 PM
I'm new here. first post. Nice to meet everyone.
I'm here to see if my future wife is on this place.
I'm Italy.
Where are you from and do you like it where you live?
What would you change in your neighbourhood?

Talk to you soon

2 Next