Community > Posts By > TiffaIrishGirl

TiffaIrishGirl's photo
Sat 12/29/07 11:51 AM

You never see people say at the market, bank whatever WITHOUT a cell phone attached to their ear...grumble

You never see people looking words up in the dictionary, EVERYTHING is via computer now...(ok,so I'm guilty of this)blushing

You never see X-mas carolers (spell check, this is where I need that dictionary)...indifferent

Oh I miss caroling, our church use to do it for our shut-ins but I don't know if they still do it... I have been in Wyoming the past three Christmases and this year well my family sort of had our own shut infrown

TiffaIrishGirl's photo
Sat 12/29/07 11:49 AM

Floppy disks that are actualy floppy;^]

we still have a couple of older computers at work and one of my employees (I'm a supervisor at Cedar Point in merchandise) actually asked what it was. I know computers have advanced a lot since I was even their age and I'll admit I'm only 23...but seriously...I tried to explain and they didn't get it.

TiffaIrishGirl's photo
Sat 12/29/07 11:47 AM

You don't see too many people or kids playing board games anymore...

Its all electronic now...

I know...its sad...I love board games...monopoly (yea even it, though I must say we do sell a lot of CP (Cedar Point) opolys (so...), scrabble, Life, checkers....etc etc etc etc...risk, battleship...LOL I loved board games....still do....ahhh...clue...

Ok ok I'll stoplaugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

TiffaIrishGirl's photo
Sat 12/29/07 11:45 AM

Kids dont know how to tie their shoes anymore.........or able to tell the time on a old fashioned clock!!noway noway noway
my nephews and nieces allllll know how to do both...and I have eighteen...ranging from ages 18mos to 17 years old.
My nephew and niece my parents and I raised even know military time...but thats because my dad was in the USCG for 20 years, and though he's been out even longer, you can't take it out of him. I know it because of him...and well working in the tourist/retail industry you see it on hypercom (credit card machines) all the time.

"Can I send my 15 year old son to you??? He still cant tell the time!!! And he wont listen to me to try and teach him.......grumble grumble grumble grumble "

and ughhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! on the people who have cell phones while shopping and driving...I mean I have a cell phone...and yeah I take it everywhere but the only time I answer it while doing either is if its family or friends...because we rarely have time to call each other and I don't want to miss an opportunity, however even then sometimes I won't...I mean seriously if its rainy or yucky weather...put the phone away guys...or pull over...I do that.drinker flowerforyou

sorry dear but that is truly sad...I mean seriously (lol okay I'm a grey's anatomy fan sorry)...anyhow...the small hand is the hour, the large hand is the minutes. The minutes go by intervals of five. So if its on a nine times that by five and you have 45 minutes...(the large hand of course)...if the small hand is on five...its five...(now I know you know this but if he knows his basic multiplication...which I hope he does...I mean schools haven't changed that much...I have a fifteen year old nephew and I'm only 23...so...)
NOW of course I don't really think all this through when I look at a clock, my watch...usually...is a face clock (I only have one that isn't and I barely wear it)and its obviously automatic as I'm sure for most of you it is, but its a good way to explain it.
And truly I don't get it because...even though I'm living out of the house I do visit home often and see the homework my nephew and niece bring home and they have stuff they have to tell time on their math homework almost every night. At first...in earlier grades it was just 'what time was it' now its 'how much time has passed'. (they're 10 and 11, just turned and in fourth grade...)

TiffaIrishGirl's photo
Sat 12/29/07 11:36 AM
All I gotta say...
is...

GO BUCKEYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and :tongue: noway grumble :angry: to all you doubters.

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

TiffaIrishGirl's photo
Sat 12/29/07 11:28 AM
okay that was funny in a weird way, I'd say they have just a little right to be upset at an employee for doing that....

LOL

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

TiffaIrishGirl's photo
Sat 12/29/07 11:24 AM

You never see a bunch of bored kids sitting in the back of a station wagon any more.

LOL thats cuz I was never bored...I have too many siblings and cousins to make that a boring trip...

but thats soooooo true...oh how I miss that:cry:

drinker

TiffaIrishGirl's photo
Sat 12/29/07 11:21 AM

Kids dont know how to tie their shoes anymore.........or able to tell the time on a old fashioned clock!!noway noway noway
my nephews and nieces allllll know how to do both...and I have eighteen...ranging from ages 18mos to 17 years old.
My nephew and niece my parents and I raised even know military time...but thats because my dad was in the USCG for 20 years, and though he's been out even longer, you can't take it out of him. I know it because of him...and well working in the tourist/retail industry you see it on hypercom (credit card machines) all the time.

and ughhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! on the people who have cell phones while shopping and driving...I mean I have a cell phone...and yeah I take it everywhere but the only time I answer it while doing either is if its family or friends...because we rarely have time to call each other and I don't want to miss an opportunity, however even then sometimes I won't...I mean seriously if its rainy or yucky weather...put the phone away guys...or pull over...I do that.drinker flowerforyou

TiffaIrishGirl's photo
Sat 12/29/07 11:13 AM
LOL I'd say morning y'all but its 2:12pm est, so...

drinker

TiffaIrishGirl's photo
Sat 12/29/07 11:10 AM
:heart: flowerforyou :heart:

TiffaIrishGirl's photo
Sat 12/29/07 11:08 AM
Sorry this was posted just before the systems went down for maintenance. So that is why some of my poems from last night for multi-posted.grumble

flowerforyou and thanks guys...its one of those you've had to had done it to truly truly appreciate it, but otherwise I figured people would enjoy it too.

TiffaIrishGirl's photo
Sat 12/29/07 11:04 AM
Edited by TiffaIrishGirl on Sat 12/29/07 11:05 AM
Thanks you two...I actually, sadly, don't have a puppy and have never had one officially of my own...my sis had one for a bit when I was young and they had dogs that I would take care of at the farm I boarded my horse and worked at. And I've dog sat more many a people, but hence none of my own.
But I plan to have a dog as soon as I move into something that allows them :wink:
flowerforyou -Tiff

TiffaIrishGirl's photo
Sat 12/29/07 12:39 AM
:heart: To our Lord, thee, I ask for your strength and love and caring to be shown through her son so that he may be healed and continue life to its fullest.
In all this I ask
to you Lord
Amen

TiffaIrishGirl's photo
Fri 12/28/07 11:43 PM
LOL...well its seems to be moving quicker...but I hope when I post this it doesn't post it three times...LOL

and thanks fadedspirit....alll three timesflowerforyou

TiffaIrishGirl's photo
Fri 12/28/07 10:52 PM
He is your companion
He is your best friend
He loves you with his eyes
His heart is yours

He kisses you in the morning
Warms you at night
He protects you

He's amazingly good at...
being lazy
making you laugh
being there when your down

He's good at...
sports
swimming
belching
hogging the couch
stealing your food off your plate

But you love him imperfections and all

He's your dieting buddy...
always wanting walks
begging for attention

Thats right...
ladies

and

gentlemen...

he's your puppy!

For all you dog lovers out there.
LOL...I know what you were thinking
-Tiffany
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

TiffaIrishGirl's photo
Fri 12/28/07 10:40 PM
Third poem...hey I warned you guys

This is to my fellow horse lovers on JSH (and LOL...I mean that as in you like horses, the animal a lot...not noway grumble what some of you come up with)...but others might enjoy to...

I ride along
Bareback I ride
Your Warm body
beneath mine
Your Strong muscles
Carrying us free
Across the fields and plains
Through the wildflowers
Into the river's water
Twisting in and among the forest of trees
You and I are one
Your Spirit and mine
We want the same
The taste...the goal of freedom
Tiffany:heart: flowerforyou
12/28/2007

TiffaIrishGirl's photo
Fri 12/28/07 10:08 PM
I want to run
I want to run free
To wherever this path will lead me
I might take a few scenic routes
Stop for a picnic hereflowerforyou
Take a picture thereglasses

Where will this path lead me
I don't know
But it is Bless by Him:heart:
I feel
For He, My Lord, guides me
on the path I follow
The picnics, scenic hikes and pictures...
Those are blessed by Him as well

For its in them
That I learn
I learn who I am
What I want
What I desire
...I need...

So...
Thank you Lord
For Leading me this far
Continue and I will follow
Over smooth track or rocky hillsides

I ask that your footprints
Always be there
As I walk
the...
calm and turbulent shores
...of Life

I love you my Lord
Amen
Yours Truly
Tiffany
12/28/2007

TiffaIrishGirl's photo
Fri 12/28/07 10:00 PM
(okay guys get ready I have a few of these today...I was feeling a bit inspired today...LOL)

To the One I...
I know you're out there
i dream of you
I desire a life with you
To share my family with you
For you to share yours with me
For us to share a family as one

I desire your love
I desire your children
I desire your passion
I desire you
All your imperfections....
For you don't need to be perfect
For I'm most certainly am not
Just love me
And I'll love you

I want to be the pair
The pair people see holding hands
The pair people desire to be, as I do now
Do you not think its...
wonderful seeing a long married couple...
holding hands
still smiling with love...
in their eyes
in their hearts
in their souls.

Know when you have me
You have me forever
Our hearts and lives will mesh
As well as will our souls
...This when we say 'I do'...it will be forever

Know I'm already faithful to you
Though I don't even know you