Community > Posts By > missyfissy

missyfissy's photo
Fri 09/09/11 10:34 PM

Evolution: How much change is required to become a new species?

How much change do you think any species would have to go through to cross over from one species to another?

Like fish to a lizard.

I'm not an expert on the new (or even the old) theory.

I can't see much hope for a fish turning into a lizard when it's so tough to get one species of a man to change to another.

missyfissy's photo
Fri 09/09/11 10:30 PM
Think it's a little too early for Nibiru.

missyfissy's photo
Fri 09/09/11 10:30 PM
Think it's a little too early for Nibiru.

missyfissy's photo
Fri 09/09/11 09:27 PM
Edited by missyfissy on Fri 09/09/11 09:32 PM
One day I went to the park with a friend and used an outhouse there. All of a sudden I heard a plunk but knew it wasn't mine because I hadn't yet sat down. That was when I realized my cell phone had fallen into the mess.

I panicked. It was a brand new expensive cell phone and I didn't know what to do. I called up the Parks Department, and desperately told them my story.

They rescued the phone for me, cleaned it, disinfected it, and handed it back. It smelled really pretty!!!!! (They use an unusually powerful disinfectant).

I was then able to return the cell phone to the company to exchange it for another (which was permitted on the contract). I told them I had dropped it in liquid. (If only they had known what kind.)

Do you know that Parks Dept (in my area anyway) regularly vacuums out these toilets? (At least in some areas anyway!)
There are often as many cell phones and wallets in there as other material - so don't keep that kind of thing in a pocket when using an outdoor toilet. (Mine was in a side pocket).

I thought the Parks Dept was the greatest department under the sun!
I guess, as a government department, they were pretty used to cleaning up sh__.

missyfissy's photo
Fri 09/09/11 09:11 PM
Edited by missyfissy on Fri 09/09/11 09:12 PM

Can't hear the final sentence. What did he say?

"Wait a minute, I'm thinking about _____?"

missyfissy's photo
Fri 09/09/11 09:07 PM

Come on guys and gals, Tell me what ya think, ,this is me in the videos

http://youtu.be/0aiZ0k66Nlo

What do the stills look like?

missyfissy's photo
Fri 09/09/11 09:06 PM

Yep! I want to be my man's last romance. flowerforyou

You might have to kill him.

missyfissy's photo
Fri 09/09/11 09:02 PM
Edited by missyfissy on Fri 09/09/11 09:03 PM
I'm one of those people who can remember very very far back - Grade 1 anyway.

My own father, when he saw one of us choking, would say, "Oops, looks like that went down your Sunday throat!" While I never believed I had a Sunday throat, I did believe my throat was broken into two halves and that somehow the body ensured it usually went down the proper half. It never dawned on me what the other half was for.

It was only when I was about seven that I opened my mouth wide in front of the mirror and realized that the middle piece moved and I only had one throat all along!

Today's kids are smarter. They would catch on to that by the age of 5.

missyfissy's photo
Fri 09/09/11 08:49 PM

It seems that labor is getting to be too expensive in China. Greedy Chinese factory workers are getting $141 a month these days. That's too much for the giant corporatists. Now they're looking to move to Viet Nam.

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,2081532,00.html

Give them a few years. They will be coming to the USA and Canada.

missyfissy's photo
Fri 09/09/11 08:43 PM
Edited by missyfissy on Fri 09/09/11 08:47 PM

Rick Scott Subsidizing Class Warfare
September 6, 2011
By Silence Dogood

Ed Brayton points out that “Rick Scott happens to own a chain of health care clinics that get much of their revenue from drug testing.”

Here is a prime example of Republican “fiscal responsibility”. This action costs more than it saves, while falsely demonizing welfare recipients as being “lazy drug addicts”, and adding a windfall of revenues to the vested financial interests of the person proposing such demands.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2011/09/06/rick-scott-subsidizing-class-warfare/

I told anyone who would listen that this was a waste of tax dollars for many years now.

Stupid people always so worried about what others, who they can have no idea of, are doing.

I've always felt that most politicians own huge shares in drug companies, radiation companies, medical corporations, etc., and in fact many are "known" for that. So are TV doctors. Likely the majority are offered the shares even at half price, which could well be why there's so much interest in testing, drugging, & radiating people to death. Overall, not much money can be made by actually "treating" them.

missyfissy's photo
Fri 09/09/11 08:39 PM
Edited by missyfissy on Fri 09/09/11 08:40 PM

Nice job trouncing the clowns in the debate tonight, Ron! drinker :banana:

He should come to Canada. He would be elected right away (after Harper was done with the job that is).

missyfissy's photo
Fri 09/09/11 08:37 PM

I have children over 50, but that does not make me old, less interesting, less energetic, or less adventurous. Are there any 65+ out there that would like to share their wisdom?

A lot of us have been looking for exactly the same. I think they're mostly dead.

missyfissy's photo
Fri 09/09/11 08:30 PM

After a certain age, if you are single, why do some men assume we would put up with their nonsense? Am I the only one astonished at their stupidity?

Are you sure you're astonished at their stupidity versus the insane tolerance of the women who taught them that?

missyfissy's photo
Fri 09/09/11 08:28 PM
What's the first part of the sentence?

missyfissy's photo
Fri 09/09/11 08:25 PM
Edited by missyfissy on Fri 09/09/11 08:25 PM
I know of someone who married a woman almost 20 years his junior. That was OK when she was in her 30' and he in his 50's. It was extremely flattering to him.

But when she was in his 50's and he in his 70's, she saw him as a stupid, incompetent fool and couldn't stand his slowness. He became quite abused at that point and died early after she threw him in an old folks' home after getting him to sign his will over to her completely. He was her third husband.

Neurological tests were never found in his records after death, so how that happened, no one will ever know.

missyfissy's photo
Fri 09/09/11 08:14 PM
Edited by missyfissy on Fri 09/09/11 08:14 PM
I've been waiting for ages for someone to invent solar venetian blinds. You turn them one way to keep the sun and heat out; the other to let it in.

missyfissy's photo
Fri 09/09/11 08:09 PM
In Canada (some parts anyway if not all), the only law you need to follow when you record someone is that "one person has to know about it."

In other words, if the person recording knows about it, that's sufficient.

missyfissy's photo
Fri 09/09/11 08:01 PM
Edited by missyfissy on Fri 09/09/11 08:06 PM
Nobody truly knows because of calendar changes, so his birthday was celebrated on December 25th, a pagan day. After all, "someone" had to pick a date.

Here are some things I often wonder about and guess at:

What did Jesus call Mary?
"Mom?"

And what did he call Joseph?
"Dad?" Or was God his Dad?

What did Mary say to Jesus when he left a mess around the house?
"Jesus, will you please pick up your mess?"

What words did Jesus use as a curse word when he hit his finger with a hammer?
"Oh Constantinople?"

Was Jesus ever bullied as a child? Did he play ball? If so, what kind? Did he ever eat in a restaurant? What was his favourite food?

Just a few things I've always wondered about.

missyfissy's photo
Fri 09/09/11 07:53 PM
Edited by missyfissy on Fri 09/09/11 07:54 PM
Will Humans Ruin this Earth?

I started thinking about how many people still believe in the Dominion of Humans and what that means as far as human ability to destroy the Earth without divine intervention.

Do you think religion is the reason so many people don’t care about global warming or perhaps don’t believe humans could bring it about?

Do you think we are finally seeing the worst of all possible dangers that fundamental religious beliefs can bring about: the destruction of humanity itself?

Answer:
I think it's greed versus religion, that will destroy the earth.

missyfissy's photo
Fri 09/09/11 07:49 PM

Example: if you believe in Jesus, how do you think you came by the beliefs you hold if not from the bible?

Gotta more or less ask that one about Columbus and Canadian History book too. If a native discovered Newfoundland first, do you suppose his name would've been in history books? And then there was Jacques Cartier -- they had to throw a Frenchman in there. The English and French have been on opposite sides of the invisible border ever since.