Community > Posts By > Seamus

no photo
Tue 12/08/20 07:08 AM

The different mathematical symbols. Is there a symbol for finite?

Apparently so, it's <∞ or "less than infinity".

no photo
Tue 12/08/20 03:51 AM
4c (feels like -1c. Rising to 5c and falling to 4c overnight). Raining, with a light 19kph SW wind.

no photo
Mon 12/07/20 08:48 AM
I must be stressed out since I'm cleaning and hoovering. It's something that I don't need to do quite so often because of my glaucoma and being a man, so it's usually stress that drives me to it. I suppose it's better than continually washing my hands or flicking light switches on and off :wink:.

no photo
Mon 12/07/20 07:47 AM
Our Government is producing Covid vaccination cards that says you need to keep them on your person at all times. The government isn't confirming or denying that you will need these to get into shops and other places of business but it's not looking good.

no photo
Mon 12/07/20 07:23 AM
Frequently, usually after they want to go to hangouts :laughing:.

no photo
Mon 12/07/20 06:44 AM
You're right, all sorts of birds are embedded in religion and folklore and have been for thousands of years. It's probably because birds can do something amazing, flying through the sky. Since most of the world's ancient Gods were thought to live on mountains, birds were also thought of as messengers between Heaven and Earth.
There's a story in the Book of History that dates back to about 1,200BC and is about the ancient Shang ruler Gao Zong that says something like:
"Gao Zong was a very pious ruler who worshipped Heaven daily with elaborate rituals but neglected his people because of this.
One day, Heaven caused a large male pheasant to alight in the courtyard of the palace where Gao Zong was worshipping Heaven. As the ritual proceeded, the pheasant mimicked Gao Zing's movements, strutting and posturing, screeching loudly whenever Gao Zong spoke.
After this, Gao Zong worshipped Heaven less frequently and returned to ruling his people instead".

no photo
Mon 12/07/20 02:25 AM
2c (feels like 1c. Rising to 4c and falling to 1c overnight). Cloudy, with a light 6kph N wind and an 80% chance of rain this evening.

no photo
Sun 12/06/20 09:27 AM
Hands up whoever's looking for a boyfriend.

Same for whoever's looking for a girlfriend.

Now form two orderly lines and pair up :slight_smile:.

no photo
Sun 12/06/20 06:08 AM
Just finished watching "The Truth seekers" an eight part supernatural comedy starring Nick Frost, amongst others. The series is about a broadband installer and paranormal investigator played by Frost and revolves around a Medieval Grimoire that teaches transmigration of souls into objects, other people and even different planes of existence. Difficult to catagorise, except to say that it's very entertaining. Malcolm McDowell is particularly good, while Frost delivers an effortless performance as usual.

no photo
Sun 12/06/20 02:54 AM
3c (feels like 1c. Rising to 6c and then falling to 1c overnight). Cloudy, with a light 6kph NW wind and a 50% chance of rain this afternoon.

no photo
Sat 12/05/20 05:46 AM
Perhaps if I had some underlying health problems I would certainly consider it but since I'm fit and healthy and have already had Covid twice, I see no need to take a vaccine against a disease that has approximately a 1% mortality rate.

no photo
Sat 12/05/20 03:09 AM
It's barely there, so possibly 1/10.

no photo
Sat 12/05/20 02:59 AM
3c (feels like 0c. Rising to 6c and falling to 2c overnight). Cloudy, with a light 11kph E wind and a 60% chance of rain this evening.

no photo
Fri 12/04/20 01:53 PM
Surely, this thread should be put out of its misery now.

no photo
Fri 12/04/20 01:51 PM

what is your gender

The original poster is a married man.

no photo
Fri 12/04/20 09:17 AM
Far too basic as a profile if you want to catch anyone's attention. You need to at least add details about the kind of person that you're looking for, otherwise it looks like anyone will do.

no photo
Fri 12/04/20 08:12 AM
This has become a very confusing thread. Everyone should use the "quote" function so everyone else knows who they're talking to. Just a suggestion.

no photo
Fri 12/04/20 05:14 AM
Then, hello and welcome waving

no photo
Fri 12/04/20 02:47 AM
1c (feels like -3c. Rising to 3c and falling to 2c overnight). Light snow and a moderate 14kph NW wind.
First snow of winter overnight.

no photo
Thu 12/03/20 07:55 AM
Your profile isn't the problem, it's fine.

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25