Community > Posts By > afriQueen22

afriQueen22's photo
Mon 04/01/13 09:52 PM
Flattered... Some old man just gave me a banana just because he thinks I'm pretty.

afriQueen22's photo
Mon 04/01/13 05:28 PM

Edward Scissorhands or Hancock....Im single what'd u expect...

:laughing:

afriQueen22's photo
Mon 04/01/13 05:23 PM
Once Upon A Time In Mexico

afriQueen22's photo
Sun 03/31/13 10:26 PM
I'm thr frying pan type. You have to be very direct with me because I rarely, if ever get hints.

afriQueen22's photo
Sun 03/31/13 09:00 PM
I'm thinking that I could really do with a lazy day

afriQueen22's photo
Sun 03/31/13 08:52 PM
I agree. I'm not defining secrets as huge skeletons in the closet but simply as one partner, maybe for the sake of peace, keeping their opinion or thoughts to themselves.
It's rare to find people who agree with each other on everything, and if they do, it might be because one of them has had to compromise on their own beliefs, again maybe for the sake of peace. That can alse build a lot of resentment in a relationship, so that what was a small issue like, he wants a white wall and you'd prefere a subtle shade of salmon or something somewhere down the line builds up into a huge case of him never wanting you to be happy.
It's not that we should want to argue but that we should accept that we are different and we will have varying opinions on matters. It doesn't mean you love each other any less. I think the biggest reason that some relationships fail is because we don't want to accept that we are different people. If you want to date yourself, take a mirror on a date.

afriQueen22's photo
Sun 03/31/13 05:04 AM
Happy! Done for the day!

afriQueen22's photo
Sat 03/30/13 11:41 PM
It never occured to me that some of the quirky things I've come across were fetishes... To me, they were just some things that the guy I was with liked doing and in the name of adventure, and trying everything atleast once, I would do it. Made for some very interesting experiences.
My mom used to say, "a joke is a joke only if both of us are laughing"; I think the same rule applies. Both partners should be open and honest and comfortable enough with each other to try it.

afriQueen22's photo
Sat 03/30/13 10:46 PM
I'm thinking today's going to be a great day. I mean what could go wrong when you've got clothes hanging on the washing line and the prospect of a late start and early finish at work?

afriQueen22's photo
Sat 03/30/13 11:34 AM
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I... I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."
Yes, I am living my dream!

afriQueen22's photo
Fri 03/29/13 11:12 PM
At peace.

afriQueen22's photo
Fri 03/29/13 11:11 PM
Thinking that I haven't been this happy and content in a long time.

afriQueen22's photo
Thu 03/28/13 08:43 PM
There's not much I can say that everyone else hasn't already said. True, there are some really nasty people out there but if you focused on them, you're probably missing the people who think the universe starts with U. Why focus on the negative?
Dodo David (you'll meet him if you stick around) recently said to me, "you are responsible for your own happiness"; I'm passing that message along to you. No-one should be allowed to steal your happy and your light. No-one should be allowed to tell YOU who you are. You shouldn't be buying into their image of you, they should be buying into your image of yourself!
Plus, I don't think you see yourself as that much of a loser, otherwise you wouldn't be on here looking for someone to share your great personality with.
We all have people who belittle us and make us feel only a centimetre tall; not everyone is going to be your biggest fan, what matters is that you're your own biggest fan.
I'm far from perfect, I've been called fat, ugly, stupid etc and it gets me really down but then I write something, or I have a friend tell me how lucky they are to have me and I realise, I'm awesome, and they are the ones missing out.
Stick around here. You'll find love in abundance from people who don't care about your looks.
Welcome to the family!

afriQueen22's photo
Thu 03/28/13 08:27 PM
Refreshed!

afriQueen22's photo
Wed 03/27/13 09:56 PM
Heartbroken... Some people don't deserve to be mothers.

afriQueen22's photo
Mon 03/25/13 11:18 PM

Sad to say that I think mine are impossibly low... In my head, I have hihg standards but I always tend to knowingly settle for less.

Hard to get what you want settling kiddo.

I guess that's why I'm here, it's easier to keep to your standards online than in real life. Out there, there is no "block" button.

afriQueen22's photo
Mon 03/25/13 11:00 PM
Sad to say that I think mine are impossibly low... In my head, I have hihg standards but I always tend to knowingly settle for less.

afriQueen22's photo
Mon 03/25/13 10:36 PM
I once read that "your standards are only as high as the last person you dated", so if we take this to be true, how high are your standards?

afriQueen22's photo
Mon 03/25/13 10:31 PM
Honesty and loyalty in relationships are what I like to think of as bi-sexual traits, they go both ways.
I've found that people tend to ask for what they aren't giving. You may be loyal, in that you have never cheated in a partner but are you honest? What is your definition of honesty? That in itself is open for interpretation. There was a guy once who when I asked him why he hadn't told me he had a girlfriend, his answer was a simple, "You didn't ask."... To me, his ommission was dishonest. We measure these things on a different scale.

afriQueen22's photo
Mon 03/25/13 07:01 AM
Crispy beef salad

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25