Community > Posts By > D40nine

D40nine's photo
Thu 10/13/16 09:12 AM
Lesson 1/6:

A man is getting into the shower just as his wife is finishing up her shower, when the doorbell rings.
The wife quickly wraps herself in a towel and runs downstairs.
When she opens the door, there stands Bob, the next-door neighbor.
Before she says a word, Bob says, ‘I’ll give you $800 to drop that towel.’
After thinking for a moment, the woman drops her towel and stands naked in front of Bob, after a few seconds, Bob hands her $800 and leaves.
The woman wraps back up in the towel and goes back upstairs.
When she gets to the bathroom, her husband asks, ‘Who was that?’ ‘It was Bob the next door neighbor,’ she replies. ‘Great,’ the husband says, ‘did he say anything about the $800 he owes me?’
Moral of the story:
If you share critical information pertaining to credit and risk with your shareholders in time, you may be in a position to prevent avoidable exposure.

Lesson 2/6:

A priest offered a Nun a lift. She got in and crossed her legs, forcing her gown to reveal a leg. The priest nearly had an accident. After controlling the car, he stealthily slid his hand up her leg. The nun said, ‘Father, remember Psalm 129?’
The priest removed his hand. But, changing gears, he let his hand slide up her leg again. The nun once again said, ‘Father, remember Psalm 129?’

The priest apologized ‘Sorry sister but the flesh is weak.’
Arriving at the convent, the nun sighed heavily and went on her way.
On his arrival at the church, the priest rushed to look up Psalm 129. It said, ‘Go forth and seek, further up, you will find glory.’
Moral of the story:
If you are not well informed in your job, you might miss a great opportunity.

Lesson 3/6:

A sales rep, an administration clerk, and the manager are walking to lunch when they find an antique oil lamp.
They rub it and a Genie comes out. The Genie says, ‘I’ll give each of you just one wish.’
‘Me first! Me first!’ says the admin clerk. ‘I want to be in the Bahamas , driving a speedboat, without a care in the world.’
Puff! She’s gone.
‘Me next! Me next!’ says the sales rep. ‘I want to be in Hawaii , relaxing on the beach with my personal masseuse, an endless supply of Pina Coladas and the love of my life.’
Puff! He’s gone.
‘OK, you’re up,’ the Genie says to the manager. The manager says, ‘I want those two back in the office after lunch.’
Moral of the story:
Always let your boss have the first say.

Lesson 4/6:

An eagle was sitting on a tree resting, doing nothing.
A small rabbit saw the eagle and asked him, ‘Can I also sit like you and do nothing?’ The eagle answered: ‘Sure, why not.’
So, the rabbit sat on the ground below the eagle and rested. All of a sudden, a fox appeared, jumped on the rabbit and ate it.
Moral of the story:
To be sitting and doing nothing, you must be sitting very, very high up.

Lesson 5/6:

A turkey was chatting with a bull.
‘I would love to be able to get to the top of that tree’ sighed the turkey, ‘but I haven’t got the energy.’
‘Well, why don’t you nibble on some of my droppings?’ replied the bull. ‘They’re packed with nutrients.’
The turkey pecked at a lump of dung, and found it actually gave him enough strength to reach the lowest branch of the tree.
The next day, after eating some more dung, he reached the second branch.
Finally after a fourth night, the turkey was proudly perched at the top of the tree.
He was promptly spotted by a farmer, who shot him out of the tree.
Moral of the story:
Bull **** might get you to the top, but it won’t keep you there..

Lesson 6/6:

A little bird was flying south for the winter. It was so cold the bird froze and fell to the ground into a large field.
While he was laying there, a cow came by and dropped some dung on him.
As the frozen bird lay there in the pile of cow dung, he began to realize how warm he was.
The dung was actually thawing him out!
He lay there all warm and happy, and soon began to sing for joy. A passing cat heard the bird singing and came to investigate.
Following the sound, the cat discovered the bird under the pile of cow dung, and promptly dug him out and ate him.
Morals of the story:
(1) Not everyone who sh*ts on you is your enemy.
(2) Not everyone who gets you out of **** is your friend.
(3) And when you’re in deep ****, it’s best to keep your mouth shut!

D40nine's photo
Wed 10/12/16 05:23 PM
A woman came out of her house and saw 3 old men with long white beards sitting in her front yard. She did not recognize them. She said "I don't think I know you, but you must be hungry. Please come in and have something to eat."

"Is the man of the house home?", they asked.

"No", she replied. "He's out."

"Then we cannot come in", they replied.

In the evening when her husband came home, she told him what had happened.

"Go tell them I am home and invite them in!"

The woman went out and invited the men in"

"We do not go into a House together," they replied.

"Why is that?" she asked.

One of the old men explained: "His name is Wealth," he said pointing to one of his friends, and said pointing to another one, "He is Success, and I am Love." Then he added, "Now go in and discuss with your husband which one of us you want in your home."

The woman went in and told her husband what was said. Her husband was overjoyed. "How nice!!", he said. "Since that is the case, let us invite Wealth. Let him come and fill our home with wealth!"

His wife disagreed. "My dear, why don't we invite Success?"
Their daughter-in-law was listening from the other corner of the house. She jumped in with her own suggestion: "Would it not be better to invite Love? Our home will then be filled with love!"

"Let us heed our daughter-in-law's advice," said the husband to his wife.

"Go out and invite Love to be our guest."

The woman went out and asked the 3 old men, "Which one of you is Love? Please come in and be our guest."

Love got up and started walking toward the house. The other 2 also got up and followed him. Surprised, the lady asked Wealth and Success: "I only invited Love, Why are you coming in?"

The old men replied together: "If you had invited Wealth or Success, the other two of us would've stayed out, but since you invited Love, wherever He goes, we go with him. Wherever there is Love, there is also Wealth and Success!!!!!!"

D40nine's photo
Thu 09/08/16 10:21 AM
A lovely little girl was holding two apples with both hands.

Her mum came in and softly asked her little daughter with a smile; my sweetie, could you give your mum one of your two apples?

The girl looked up at her mum for some seconds, then she suddenly took a quick bite on one apple, and then quickly on the other.

The mum felt the smile on her face freeze. She tried hard not to reveal her disappointment.

Then the little girl handed one of her bitten apples to her mum,and said: mummy, here you are. This is the sweeter one.

No matter who you are, how experienced you are, and how knowledgeable you think you are, always delay judgement.

Give others the privilege to explain themselves.

What you see may not be the reality. Never conclude for others.

Which is why we should never only focus on the surface and judge others without understanding them first.

Those who like to pay the bill, do so not because they are loaded but because they value friendship above money.

Those who take the initiative at work, do so not because they are stupid but because they understand the concept of responsibility.

Those who apologizes first after a fight, do so not because they are wrong but because they value the people around them.

Those who are willing to help you, do so not because they owe you any thing but because they see you as a true friend.

Those who often text you, do so not because they have nothing better to do but because you are in their heart.

Those who take out time to chat with you, does not mean they are jobless or less busy, but they know the importance of keeping in touch.

One day, all of us will get separated from each other; we will miss our conversations of everything & nothing; the dreams that we had.

Days will pass by, months, years, until this contact becomes rare... One day our children will see our pictures and ask 'Who are these people?' And we will smile with invisible tears because a heart is touched with a strong word and you will say: 'IT WAS THEM THAT I HAD THE BEST DAYS OF MY LIFE WITH'.

D40nine's photo
Mon 08/29/16 03:52 PM
drinks

D40nine's photo
Fri 08/26/16 04:05 PM
oh... i was way off. sorry about that!

D40nine's photo
Fri 08/26/16 12:25 PM
let me guess, Metalwing is a band, right?

D40nine's photo
Tue 08/23/16 10:49 AM

Damn that girl was committed...waited till the second date for the crimes to go down. Some serious premeditation there....shoot all involved multiple times then burn them for good measure.

Well said!

D40nine's photo
Tue 07/26/16 12:51 PM

everyone may not have the same idea of a white lie

like, if you have been married or have kids or were a , convicted of pedophilia, rape, or murder or are bisexual or gay or trans,,,and you omit or lie about it,,,

I think that's probably a huge problem

lol

if you lie about loving salad,,,not so much of a problem

well said!

D40nine's photo
Sat 02/13/16 09:16 PM
Nope... only PS3 and PS4. haha

D40nine's photo
Mon 02/08/16 03:49 PM

A Primary School teacher asked her pupils to write an essay on ”A wish you want from God?" At the end of the day, the teacher collected all the essays given by her pupils. She took them to her house, sat down and started marking.

Whilst marking the essays, she sees a strange essay written by one of her pupils. That essay made her very emotional. Her husband came and sat beside her and saw her crying. The husband asked her, "What happened?" "What's making you cry"

She answered "Read this. It is one of my pupil's essay."

"Oh God, Make me a Television. I want to live like the TV in my house.

In my house, the TV is very valuable. All of my family members sit around it. They are very interested in it. When the TV is talking, my parents listen to it very happily.

They don’t shout at the TV. They don’t quarrel with the TV. They don’t slap the TV. So I want to become a TV.

The TV is the centre of attraction in my house. I want to receive the same special care that the TV receives from my parents. Even when it is not working, the TV has a lot of value.

When my dad and mom come home, they immediately sit in front of the TV, switch it on and spend hours watching it. The TV is stealing the time of my dad and my mom. If I become a TV, then they will spend their time with me.

While watching the TV, my parents laugh a lot and they smile many times. But I want my parents to laugh and smile with me also. So please God make me a TV.

And last but not the least, if I become a TV, surely I can make my parents happy and entertain them. Lord I won't ask you for anything more. I just want to live like a TV. Please turn me into a TV.

The husband completed reading the essay. He said "My God, poor kid. He feels lonely. He did not receive enough love and care from his parents. His parents are horrible."

The eyes of the primary School teacher filled with tears. She looked at her husband and said, "Our son wrote this essay."

Author Unknown

D40nine's photo
Sun 10/11/15 12:52 PM
Right on the money, Frankensteen. nice one! ha

D40nine's photo
Sun 10/11/15 12:46 PM

honestly, i don't even know what to say... 'nice guys finish last' is like a fact of life... and they weren't talking about sex when they said it.

it doesn't matter what we (nice guys) do, women will always overlook us for some dumb reason. it seems women theses days think 'nice' is code for gay, when in fact, we (nice guys) are just being genuine and saying what we truly feel. no lies. no games.

the other sad reason is, women are so broken by all these players that they can't even tell the difference anymore from a Prince Charming or a Charlie Sheen. in any way, 'nice guys' are being burned and it's a sad thing because women are missing out too... only the jerks are having all the fun.

Actually some of us non-players have managed to find someone because we didn't sit around whining and moaning and blaming everyone else.

Ya, 'managed' that's my point.

D40nine's photo
Sun 10/11/15 12:03 PM
honestly, i don't even know what to say... 'nice guys finish last' is like a fact of life... and they weren't talking about sex when they said it.

it doesn't matter what we (nice guys) do, women will always overlook us for some dumb reason. it seems women theses days think 'nice' is code for gay, when in fact, we (nice guys) are just being genuine and saying what we truly feel. no lies. no games.

the other sad reason is, women are so broken by all these players that they can't even tell the difference anymore from a Prince Charming or a Charlie Sheen. in any way, 'nice guys' are being burned and it's a sad thing because women are missing out too... only the jerks are having all the fun.

D40nine's photo
Thu 10/01/15 10:21 AM
It's quite lovely. Thanks for sharing.

D40nine's photo
Thu 09/24/15 08:48 PM
Sounds good, man. thanks for sharing.

D40nine's photo
Fri 08/28/15 09:02 AM
I checked it out. nice quiz, man. thanks.

D40nine's photo
Wed 08/26/15 04:34 PM
I'm thinking about a girl I broke up with earlier. I'm thinking if it was the right thing to do. brokenheart

D40nine's photo
Wed 08/26/15 08:26 AM
Yeah, roger that. A bit difficult, but very possible. I hope you find your 'special someone' Sarah. Best of luck, ya?

D40nine's photo
Tue 08/25/15 08:28 AM
Yeah, you should also check out Nando's - it's a restaurant. you will love it! have a good one, ya?

D40nine's photo
Tue 08/18/15 10:19 AM

Well, you mentioned you thought she was hot, so I'm guessing on some level always wanted this to happen. Due to her situation she could have been texting because she is just freaked out at the moment and needed raffirmation. You took advantage of the situation. A real friend would have ignored that, told her, cool, go enjoy yourself, text me later.

Although, she enjoyed it at the time, now she feels embarrassed and stupid and contact with you just increases those feeling.

My suggestion, give her space and see what happens. But, yeah, you may have lost a friend.

Right on the money, boss! He wanted that from jump street. haha!