Fri 03/14/08 03:26 PM
grumble

Robertd1270's photo
Fri 03/14/08 01:28 PM
very hot:wink:

you got mailflowerforyou

Robertd1270's photo
Fri 03/14/08 01:26 PM

she lives in a different country...how do you know it's not like that there?

and even here...if you tell the vet that an animal has violent tendencies, you're pretty likely to get the animal put down. of course, many will put them down for ANY reason...

I'm not saying a vet won't put an animal down that has violent tendencies. i was in the veterinary business for 16 years. You don't just walk in and say this animal is violent and every one goes scurrying for a needle.

And saying "many will put them down for any reason" is a ridiculous statement. I've worked with and known hundreds of veterinarians and I've never met one that would euthanize an animal without just cause. Your statement is just like when people say they know someone who's pet died during a dental. It's an easy, emotional statement to make that sounds good and gets people nodding their heads in agreement but has no basis in fact and can't be proven. Believe me, EVERYONE says this to us. It seems everyone in the world knows someone who's pet died during a dental.

my grandmother put down her dog because it returned home after she gave it away. the animal was a WONDERFUL pet, but had flaws so couldn't be bred. it was cheaper to put it to sleep rather than get her fixed so she couldn't breed. that's fact, not me being emotional. it's bad business to breed imperfect stock.

um, i've never known a pet that died from dental work.

So do you condone what your grandmother did? You seem to be on both sides of the fence. On the one hand you say it's bad business to breed from imperfect stock (I agree with this and a lot of this stems from overbreeding by people that do it just to make money and don't care about trying to breed the best possible example of that particular breed). But on the other hand, and I quote, "if an animal can be saved, i'd literally starve to do so.

i believe that if you take on the responsibility of pet ownership, you see it through...not just have the family member put to sleep because of an operation's expense."

So which is it? I'm just curious?

Robertd1270's photo
Fri 03/14/08 01:21 PM

and even here...if you tell the vet that an animal has violent tendencies, you're pretty likely to get the animal put down. of course, many will put them down for ANY reason...

I'm not saying a vet won't put an animal down that has violent tendencies. i was in the veterinary business for 16 years. You don't just walk in and say this animal is violent and every one goes scurrying for a needle.

And saying "many will put them down for any reason" is a ridiculous statement. I've worked with and known hundreds of veterinarians and I've never met one that would euthanize an animal without just cause. Your statement is just like when people say they know someone who's pet died during a dental. It's an easy, emotional statement to make that sounds good and gets people nodding their heads in agreement but has no basis in fact and can't be proven. Believe me, EVERYONE says this to us. It seems everyone in the world knows someone who's pet died during a dental.

i appreciate how things work in your country, please appreciate how things work here. thankyou.

So in England veterinarians are taught to euthanize for any reason?

Robertd1270's photo
Fri 03/14/08 01:15 PM

This topic has gotten so rediculous.yawn

I agree

Robertd1270's photo
Fri 03/14/08 01:15 PM

Robertd1270's photo
Fri 03/14/08 01:04 PM

If the animal bit someone (even if the owner just says the animal did) then the animal has to be quarantined for a minimum of 10 days or the head has to be sent off to determine if the animal had rabies. In addition, a bite report would need to be filled out. So just saying an animal bit someone doesn't make the vet bills go away. In fact, they would probably be even more.

im saying they lie, because they dont want there pet anymore, and by saying that, they get rid of it.

And I'm saying it's not that simple.

AND IM SAYING IN THIS COUNTRY IT IS

Well then your problem isn't with the people. It's with the government. Instead of complaining about how people can get away with it, start a grass roots effort to change it. If money isn't an issue, then you should be able to get something going.

Robertd1270's photo
Fri 03/14/08 01:01 PM

If the animal bit someone (even if the owner just says the animal did) then the animal has to be quarantined for a minimum of 10 days or the head has to be sent off to determine if the animal had rabies. In addition, a bite report would need to be filled out. So just saying an animal bit someone doesn't make the vet bills go away. In fact, they would probably be even more.

im saying they lie, because they dont want there pet anymore, and by saying that, they get rid of it.

And I'm saying it's not that simple.

Robertd1270's photo
Fri 03/14/08 12:50 PM

Robertd1270's photo
Fri 03/14/08 10:50 AM
I have to agree with lilith...

I used to work in the veterinary field and almost everyday I would see owners pour money into pets that would have been better served being euthanized (then turn around and complain that we don't care when their money does run out. Hello! It's a business, people...but that's beside the point). They selfishly think they are keeping their pets happy by giving them one more day. In reality they are too afraid to let go.

Robertd1270's photo
Fri 03/14/08 07:02 AM
definitely:wink:

Robertd1270's photo
Fri 03/14/08 07:00 AM
hotdevil

Robertd1270's photo
Fri 03/14/08 06:53 AM
Two parter:

Why do people drive 5-10 mph UNDER the speed limit?

And why do those same people insist on driving in the left lane?

Robertd1270's photo
Thu 03/13/08 07:06 PM
In that case...

Egg beater:wink:

Heading to bed...good nightflowerforyou

Robertd1270's photo
Thu 03/13/08 07:04 PM
you have to break a few eggs to make an omelet

Robertd1270's photo
Thu 03/13/08 07:02 PM
you're the second person to call me a coplaugh laugh

Egg beater

Robertd1270's photo
Thu 03/13/08 06:58 PM
Edited by Robertd1270 on Thu 03/13/08 06:59 PM
Dallas Cowboy's Cheerleader

oops - that was for spoofer

For Nauga...uhhhh...Seattle Seahawks Cheerleader

Robertd1270's photo
Thu 03/13/08 06:53 PM
respect my authoritah!!

Robertd1270's photo
Thu 03/13/08 06:39 PM
How did you know?laugh

Kissing booth attendant

(I really wasn't trying to be meanflowerforyou )

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25