Community > Posts By > Musicmaker08

Musicmaker08's photo
Sun 01/20/08 07:23 PM
Stupidity

Musicmaker08's photo
Sun 01/20/08 06:40 PM
Some people with depression need the meds because those people may have chemical imbalances of the brain. When the brain secretes these chemicals there is not much the person can do to ward off their negative emotions. So in these cases, I believe meds are crucial.

Meds could also play a ‘psychological’ fix to the person as well. If the person truly believes that the meds are helping them (even though they may just be sugar pills) the patient may show signs of improvement.

And yes, for those that don’t fall under these categories, they should seek the root cause of their depression and resolve it.

Musicmaker08's photo
Sun 01/20/08 06:17 PM
These types of questions do not have black and white answers. There are too many dynamics here so I don’t think you’ll ever get clear answers to your inquiries.

Attitudes, level of education and character all come to play here. I know of some smart, strong willed & confident women that are very sexy by their demeanor and they know how to tastefully flaunt their assets. Now that’s a package deal. That’s attractive.

I think that people are attracted to what works best for them. If the man and the woman are both weak minded, nothing will ever get accomplished between them. If the man and the woman are both aggressive and too independent, I can’t see them lasting very long together either (too much conflict). This statement is just a gray observation of mine. We could talk about this topic for ever. The bottom line is to understand what it is you want to go get it.

Musicmaker08's photo
Sun 01/20/08 05:36 PM
drinker

Musicmaker08's photo
Sun 01/20/08 05:35 PM
drinker Symphony X - "Domination"

Musicmaker08's photo
Sun 01/20/08 05:29 PM
When do I get the tickets?

Musicmaker08's photo
Sun 01/20/08 05:24 PM
laugh laugh laugh That's great!

Musicmaker08's photo
Fri 01/04/08 09:13 PM
Looking back on my past relationships in life, I’ve come to realize a few things that seem to be certain:

1. You attract what you project. You may not know it but attitude, personality and body language have a huge impact on whom you attract and who you repel. You may be inadvertently repelling the types of people you think you’re attracted to by projecting the wrong flavors of energy (i.e. opposite of math, misery loves company) negativity attracts negativity. Positive people usefully migrate towards other positive people.
2. First impressions. The world really is a shallow, stereotypical and biased place (I know, not everyone is like that). No matter how much you think people don’t prejudge you before they get a chance to ‘get to know you’ is such bull s***. You are always being judged by people whether you like it or not. I’ve been proven wrong time and time again that some areas (like Minnesota) have too many of these issues. It’s all very sad and stupid, but it’s reality. If you wear a suit and tie, people assume your educated and your opinions matter. If you dress like a bum people will assume that you are irresponsible, probably 420 friendly and don’t have a job and live with mom. Need I say more?
3. Dating is a numbers game. When you’re at the farmers market do you just grab the first price of fruit you see or do you shuffle through the pile of fruit until you find the one that you’re pleased with? Did you find any that you like or did you settle because you were hungry? Don’t forget that there are a little over 300 MILLION people in the USA alone and 6.5 BILLION people on planet Earth. There is someone for everyone. It’s just a matter of running the numbers to find what you’re looking for. And if most people weren’t so superficial, there would be less single people in the world.

I believe in quality over quantity. You only live once (that we know of anyway) so don’t settle for people just to get by (plus it’s not fair to the other person unless this feeling is mutual). Burn the image in your mind of the type of person that you wish to find and stick to it. When the mind is focused you’ll be surprised what you can accomplish. It may take a few months or it may take a life time (or never for some people) to find that special someone but never give up because that person is out there. Always keep your eyes and ears open because you never know when it will happen. Don’t forget to get out there – people will not just come knocking on your door. People need to know that you exist. Forget the bars. Go do things (skiing, bowling, walking, window shopping, traveling, volunteering, charities, etc…) or what ever it is that gets you out there. And use every resource available to you. We live in a time that you can communicate with the rest of the world in real time for pretty cheap!

Good luck to you.

2 Next