Community > Posts By > Kahurangi

Kahurangi's photo
Wed 12/12/12 03:25 PM

But But.... I really liked the eighties too smokin

hahaha...i can't see the forest through the hairstyles!

Kahurangi's photo
Wed 12/12/12 03:23 PM

I like the era just fine. As David was saying, racial discrimination was so bad. Don't forget how women were treated. Barefoot and pregnant and in the kitchen. Not to mention, if you were a woman, they did not ask you what you wanted, they asked your husband.

I would like to go back to the nice ways of say the 50s if all the bad stuff could be skipped. But right now is a pretty awesome era to be alive.

You can dwell on whatever you choose to...you're the boss of your own imagination.

Kahurangi's photo
Wed 12/12/12 03:12 PM
I thought every male from the age of 14 onwards jerked off at some stage. I could be wrong.

Kahurangi's photo
Wed 12/12/12 03:08 PM

Hmmm..ancient Egypt, ancient Greece and the Mayans. Trippy!! :-)

I'm IN... but only as an observer.. there'd be some era's I'd walk thru with an invisible cloak.. just so's I wouldn't be mistaken for a eunuch or a witch!!

hahaha...i hear ya on that one! If i'm mistaken quite frequently for a witch by todays standard, then lasting more than 5 minutes during the days of the Inquisition would be a record! :-)

Kahurangi's photo
Wed 12/12/12 02:30 PM

I like quality, simplicity and things that are built to last. I'm disgusted with this "built in" obsolescence crap. My 4 month old Blackberry just quit on me... (apparently, I push to hard on the screen ) At this rate of 1500$ a year in phones... Smartphones ain't so smart

I think it was back in the 60's or 70's, or may be even earlier when companies figured out that it was more profitable to manufacture stuff that didn't last, so the consumer would have to buy new stuff.

Actually it was back in the twenties when planned obsolescence was first employed…on light bulbs.

http://www.ecowalkthetalk.com/blog/2011/08/26/the-light-bulb-conspiracy-the-story-of-planned-obsolescence/

Myself, I LOVE the stuff that was produced before planned obsolescence hit the industry. I have a vintage 1931 radio about the size of a small fridge that still has a mellow sound thanks to quality tubes and a tight transformer. There is nothing I love more than turning out the lights and listening to a vintage radio play. (CBC Radio still puts them on occasionally) The experience is one of being teleported back in time to 1931.

My favourite era is the 1890s and i have some Edison cylinder records, but as yet no Edison Gramophone to play them on. One of these days I'll get one and teleport myself back to the 1890s that I adore so much.

Considering what the world is like today, I may stay there and live the rest of my life in the past. :laughing:

Thank you for the info Dukky :-)

I don't know alot about them, if anything at all, but the memory of this will never be forgotten i'm sure! :-)

Kahurangi's photo
Wed 12/12/12 02:19 PM
Verkies jy sout of soet met jou koffie?

Kahurangi's photo
Wed 12/12/12 02:11 PM

It's a tough one, because some people form such strong bonds with their pet where the love is unconditional. If both parties were truly fond of each other, i would imagine a compromise could be found to accomodate both the sig other and the beloved pet.

Oh look, someone who may be willing to compromise. Nice.

I appreciate that type of thinking...and would always do my best to accommodate and create a solution for those who at least try to compromise as well.

So, If I may put the shoe on the other foot.

If I have a Snake, Rat, Lizard, as my beloved pet and sleep with it loose in the room or on the bed.
Would those who are extremely attached to their own pets be willing to try that out?

Well i forsee the lizard looking somewhat bemused at the snake eyeballing the rat as lunch...so that scenario pretty much takes care of itself i would say.

Who sleeps with a snake, rat & lizard anyway? spock

Ha...Quite amused with your insight...:smile:

But if it were a small non-venomous snake and a giant vietnamese rat. The tables could be turned, plus the lizard may become lunch as well.

It does look as if Andy does...

Wellll...Andy then has to decide betwixt staying home with the reptiles and rodents....or a sleepover at the GF's place.

Geeez...that's a hard one innit? ;-)

Kahurangi's photo
Wed 12/12/12 01:46 PM
Edited by Kahurangi on Wed 12/12/12 01:57 PM

It's a tough one, because some people form such strong bonds with their pet where the love is unconditional. If both parties were truly fond of each other, i would imagine a compromise could be found to accomodate both the sig other and the beloved pet.

Oh look, someone who may be willing to compromise. Nice.

I appreciate that type of thinking...and would always do my best to accommodate and create a solution for those who at least try to compromise as well.

So, If I may put the shoe on the other foot.

If I have a Snake, Rat, Lizard, as my beloved pet and sleep with it loose in the room or on the bed.
Would those who are extremely attached to their own pets be willing to try that out?

Well i forsee the lizard looking somewhat bemused at the snake eyeballing the rat as lunch...so that scenario pretty much takes care of itself i would say.

Who sleeps with a snake, rat & lizard anyway? spock

Compromise would be sleepover at my place...and not yours. Bonus for you though...cos that means breakfast in bed without the snake, rat or lizard vying for the bacon. ;-)

Kahurangi's photo
Wed 12/12/12 01:30 PM
Edited by Kahurangi on Wed 12/12/12 01:31 PM

Sadly, many people are rude to restaurant staff and people who work in retail. Good to know you're not, Kahurangi!

I tend to strike up a convo with those who serve me that look as if they've had enough of serving people for the day. It doesn't take much effort to get them smiling and laughing about stuff, and i'd like to think that little gestures like that could make a difference to their otherwise crap day.

I treat 'em nice, especially on Christmas day and leave a big tip as they are working that day. What to do about the doctors and nurses working I don't know.

There may be some that are a little surly or sombre during the festive season, but most are quite happy getting into the buzz of taking care of their patients in hospitals, and making whatever ails them to be that little bit easier to deal with. Hospitals and the staff that work within them are quite the tight community....and particularly so at Xmas time. Isn't that why they chose their profession...or in some cases, the profession chose them?

From what i've seen anyhoo....

Kahurangi's photo
Wed 12/12/12 01:02 PM

Sadly, many people are rude to restaurant staff and people who work in retail. Good to know you're not, Kahurangi!

I tend to strike up a convo with those who serve me that look as if they've had enough of serving people for the day. It doesn't take much effort to get them smiling and laughing about stuff, and i'd like to think that little gestures like that could make a difference to their otherwise crap day.

Kahurangi's photo
Wed 12/12/12 12:52 PM

Kahurangi's photo
Wed 12/12/12 12:32 PM
I always do anyway...regardless of the season.

ummmm...i'm not about to be rude to the person who serves me food & beverage. I just may get more than i paid for. ;-)

Kahurangi's photo
Wed 12/12/12 12:22 PM
Santa baby,

What's the point of leaving a toy without batteries?

Just sayin.

Kahurangi's photo
Mon 12/10/12 05:14 PM
Cad é a lorg agat? A nóiméad a rith frivolity a bheith dosheachanta na scáileanna fading ar bhalla cuimhní cinn? Féidir a bheith ann ach ceann amháin.

Kahurangi's photo
Mon 12/10/12 03:27 PM
Hmmm..ancient Egypt, ancient Greece and the Mayans. Trippy!! :-)

Kahurangi's photo
Mon 12/10/12 03:11 PM

wait.. slaphead that didn't come out quite right.. noway

laugh laugh

laugh ...wanna try that ride again??

noway I got sea-sick sick 'n caught some kinda rash.. sad2

surprised laugh

haha...no returns on that awesome ride.

Kahurangi's photo
Mon 12/10/12 03:05 PM

60's - 70's

I like quality, simplicity and things that are built to last. I'm disgusted with this "built in" obsolescence crap. My 4 month old Blackberry just quit on me... (apparently, I push to hard on the screenindifferent ) At this rate of 1500$ a year in phones... Smartphones ain't so smart laugh flowerforyou

if you WERE back in the 60's 'n 70's.. you wouldn't even KNOW about smart phones.. just think of ALL the $$ you'd be saving.. bigsmile

Or the money he would be making if he took that knowledge back with him.

Ha!...perish that thought!! :-)

I think it was back in the 60's or 70's, or may be even earlier when companies figured out that it was more profitable to manufacture stuff that didn't last, so the consumer would have to buy new stuff.

really? I got several 25-30 year old appliances (and a few other antiques) that STILL run today.. must've just gotten a good batch OR.. Canada was slower to catch on.. :wink:

if only huh.. I'd pop back 'n forth meSELF to invent the internet, google, cell phones and Sham WOW.. bigsmile

25-30 year old appliances??...well done and Sham-WOW! laugh

Kahurangi's photo
Mon 12/10/12 02:26 PM

If not, i'm sure he'd be able to pass on a few choice 'mushroom' recipes ;-)

Shroom pizza it is!

I'll call it the "NostraVinci" Calzone smokin

Thx Kahurangi!

Sounds positively scrumdiddlyumptious :-)

Kahurangi's photo
Mon 12/10/12 02:18 PM

Does being friends with a past love matter to you? What would you do if they approached you and wanted to talk again? Are you the person that looks back or moves forward? Does it depend on how bad the breakup was?

Is there really a good break-up??

I have no desire to reconnect with an ex. A courteous 'hello' and 'goodbye' perhaps, but they would remind me too much of why or how the relationship ended and it would become rather awkward.

Kahurangi's photo
Mon 12/10/12 02:07 PM

20s, just for flappers!

hahaha...what exactly would be flapping? :-)