Community > Posts By > daddydg_2000

daddydg_2000's photo
Thu 04/10/08 12:10 PM

To the right, just above the foaming crest of the relentless waves,
About a hundred feet of pure, white sand

Down along the Florida Coastline,
There is a hotel on the beach.
Just beyond the hotel waited the ocean with its blue and green,
And the most beautiful beach that I had ever seen.
Peach, Teal, Yellow and Sky Blue,
Each room with its own color.
Nothing was stirring about,
Nobody was there.
A knock at the door yielded no answer.
A peek in a window caused a tear to flow,
As through that front window, I could see the ocean below.

There was no roof, and no back walls.
The perfect little seaside hotel was only stalls

A comfy night for the surf, pushed by wind, didn’t use the door
But let itself in.

A view from the back, where the fury had hit,
Where things were before, they still sit.

Couches and chairs, tossed about, this storm must have been very stout.

The dreams of the owner had faded into the ocean like water colors,
Blending together and being washed away forever.

A quick, yet methodic turn to see the beach left me in complete awe.
The beach was intact, with no litter or reason for alarm.

The waves still rolled gently to and fro, masking the outburst of sorrow.
The gentle wind was hiding its angry potential, and caressing my face as does the memory of a first love.
I was not fooled by the seduction of the beautiful tragedy that had drawn me
To that hotel. A single line of sight took me through the magnificent window, past the horrific destruction, and on to the beauty of the sea below. I wept for lost dreams, and smiled for new beginnings

David Grote 2008

daddydg_2000's photo
Thu 04/10/08 12:09 PM

What I mean is this, how often when we say "I love you" does it mean what those two felt?
I agree, they're the two most abused words in any language.

I just reviewed your previous posings on this topic and I could not agree more. Where did you come from and why are they not making women like you anymore..
Aww...what a nice thing to say! Careful, you'll spoil me. laugh

You have no choice in the matter.. I can spoil you if I want to..

daddydg_2000's photo
Thu 04/10/08 12:02 PM
Dream Stains

To the right, just above the foaming crest of the relentless waves,
About a hundred feet of pure, white sand

Down along the Florida Coastline,
There is a hotel on the beach.
Just beyond the hotel waited the ocean with its blue and green,
And the most beautiful beach that I had ever seen.
Peach, Teal, Yellow and Sky Blue,
Each room with its own color.
Nothing was stirring about,
Nobody was there.
A knock at the door yielded no answer.
A peek in a window caused a tear to flow,
As through that front window, I could see the ocean below.

There was no roof, and no back walls.
The perfect little seaside hotel was only stalls

A comfy night for the surf, pushed by wind, didn’t use the door
But let itself in.

A view from the back, where the fury had hit,
Where things were before, they still sit.

Couches and chairs, tossed about, this storm must have been very stout.

The dreams of the owner had faded into the ocean like water colors,
Blending together and being washed away forever.

A quick, yet methodic turn to see the beach left me in complete awe.
The beach was intact, with no litter or reason for alarm.

The waves still rolled gently to and fro, masking the outburst of sorrow.
The gentle wind was hiding its angry potential, and caressing my face as does the memory of a first love.
I was not fooled by the seduction of the beautiful tragedy that had drawn me
To that hotel. A single line of sight took me through the magnificent window, past the horrific destruction, and on to the beauty of the sea below. I wept for lost dreams, and smiled for new beginnings

David Grote 2008

daddydg_2000's photo
Thu 04/10/08 11:56 AM
I stood on the beach in Florida, St. George's Island, and waited for the sun to set.. This was my first "White sand, aqua water, clear sky, ocean side" experience. As the sun began to fall to the horizon, I could see the sky turning a pale pink, and the ocean relfected the fading light as an orange glow. The waves were constant,yet gentle as they rolled across my feet. The sand beneath my feet was washed away when the water retreated. The wind was reassuring me that nothing mattered here. For the first time in my life, my soul smiled.

daddydg_2000's photo
Thu 04/10/08 11:51 AM
Yall need to step into Pedro Omally's Beach Bar and Grill..my other forum and take your flip flops off for a bit..

daddydg_2000's photo
Thu 04/10/08 11:41 AM
Thank ya Lilith

daddydg_2000's photo
Thu 04/10/08 11:35 AM

What I mean is this, how often when we say "I love you" does it mean what those two felt?
I agree, they're the two most abused words in any language.

I just reviewed your previous posings on this topic and I could not agree more. Where did you come from and why are they not making women like you anymore..

daddydg_2000's photo
Thu 04/10/08 11:33 AM
I think that the general male mentality is that "nothing is illegal until you get caught".. and this includes all aspects of guy mentality..crying, caring, poetry, kindness, admitting how you feel..

daddydg_2000's photo
Thu 04/10/08 11:27 AM

daddydg_2000's photo
Thu 04/10/08 11:22 AM
This is what I mean.. this happened to me a couple of years ago and it might help you understand where I come from..

I was at Starbucks, standing in line, about to order the usual. I happened to glance to the right and see a younger woman, probably early twenties, leaning over a table grasping her boyfriend's hand tightly. She had tears in her eyes and she was obviously nervous. After ordering my coffee, not being able to take my eyes off of the two, I walked slowly past them. I could almost feel the emotion radiating from her overflowing heart. The gentleman sitting with her looked confused..It was then that I heard her say it.."Please do not be scared, but I need to tell you something. I have fallen in love with you"... As she struggled to finish that sentence, her voice began to crack as she struggled for breath.
As he sat there for a moment, dazed, and soaking in the true meaning of what she had just said.. he began to weap softly. The embrace that followed is one of storybook magnitude and lasted for what seemed like an eternity. As they were embracing tightly, as if this were the last time they would ever see each other, he whispered into her ear..I have always loved you baby.. and she burried her face in his chest and he looked over to me. I had felt the emotion of the moment almost as strongly as he, so I was obviously teary eyed. He smiled at me, I gave him a reassuring smile..and I finished my coffee with a warm heart and a new hope for this ugly world.

daddydg_2000's photo
Thu 04/10/08 11:14 AM
Yah, I am just trying to live vicariously through others because for the next week I am stuck in Alaska..Ice, snow, cold..rainy frozen crap..

daddydg_2000's photo
Thu 04/10/08 11:13 AM
Not at all, I am saying that by not settling before it feels right, we bypass the drama..and the painful conclusion of a failed attempt to be with someone that we are not compatible with in the first place. Be it for looks, or for status, most men do not take the time to befriend a woman before offering himself.

daddydg_2000's photo
Thu 04/10/08 11:10 AM
just a little something to cheer all you singles up..

daddydg_2000's photo
Thu 04/10/08 11:09 AM
I was at Starbucks, standing in line, about to order the usual. I happened to glance to the right and see a younger woman, probably early twenties, leaning over a table grasping her boyfriend's hand tightly. She had tears in her eyes and she was obviously nervous. After ordering my coffee, not being able to take my eyes off of the two, I walked slowly past them. I could almost feel the emotion radiating from her overflowing heart. The gentleman sitting with her looked confused..It was then that I heard her say it.."Please do not be scared, but I need to tell you something. I have fallen in love with you"... As she struggled to finish that sentence, her voice began to crack as she struggled for breath.
As he sat there for a moment, dazed, and soaking in the true meaning of what she had just said.. he began to weap softly. The embrace that followed is one of storybook magnitude and lasted for what seemed like an eternity. As they were embracing tightly, as if this were the last time they would ever see each other, he whispered into her ear..I have always loved you baby.. and she burried her face in his chest and he looked over to me. I had felt the emotion of the moment almost as strongly as he, so I was obviously teary eyed. He smiled at me, I gave him a reassuring smile..and I finished my coffee with a warm heart and a new hope for this ugly world.

daddydg_2000's photo
Thu 04/10/08 11:07 AM

daddydg_2000's photo
Thu 04/10/08 10:54 AM
I would add that nice guys do not finish last.. we let the not so nice guys weed out all the "undesirables".. because they say that birds of a feather flock together.. We, as nice guys should appreciate finishing last because we get the biggest prize and do not have to go through many, many women that are less than perfect for us.

daddydg_2000's photo
Thu 04/10/08 10:49 AM
Step in and tell us about your favorite tropical destination.

daddydg_2000's photo
Thu 04/10/08 10:45 AM
This Saturday night, in Soldotna..anyone in?

daddydg_2000's photo
Thu 04/10/08 10:42 AM

I'll be your Huckleberry, Doc holiday, ???????It was a western?

Tombstone..

daddydg_2000's photo
Thu 04/10/08 10:41 AM
oh no, you did NOT shoot that green **** at me...Will Smith..Independence Day