Community > Posts By > Exempt

no photo
Fri 05/29/09 11:37 AM

I like dates that don't involve money... like walking in a pretty setting seeing a show at home cooking something together or just some sporty activity.... MONEY IS NOT EVERYTHING... it seems that the more a man spends on you the more he thinks he OWNs you so date. fill yourself with joy and good things will come to you... you'll see..

GOOD LUCK

Allow me to be serious for a moment:

The question is not about an occasional date that does not require money. Nor is it about a date instance where the lady pays.

IT IS ABOUT EVERYTIME - not sometime but everytime. To put you in a better frame of mind as a group we always seem to agree that splitting the bill is the right way to go if you are asked or not it is polite to offer.

For each of you ladies do you offer each and every time to share the bill or do you sometimes let the man "be the man" and pick up the check?

For you ladies can you see yourself paying for every first date you have gone on as a matter of habit or record?

For men this is the standard and in these economic dark days it can take its toll on your pocket.

Trust me there is nothing more appealing for me to be invited to your home for a quiet evening - I will cook I will pour the wine - heck I will even bring it all with me ----

For me that is the ideal but that is not the question

no photo
Fri 05/29/09 11:32 AM

Sorry babe, I'm old school. You ask me out, you pay. I doesn't mean it has to be a hundred dollar a plate deal. I'd rather go for an ice cream or something. I want your attention, not your money.

Can a man get away with taking you out for fast food rent a movie bang you like a drum and send you home Each and Every Time -

If you answer that YES your dating quota will go up exponentially

no photo
Fri 05/29/09 11:30 AM

Lick em, stick em & send em on their way!

You lick em first? noway

no photo
Fri 05/29/09 11:29 AM
Edited by Exempt on Fri 05/29/09 11:41 AM

my personal experience... i don't try to act like I have more than I do (money)... if you try to project "money" expect to pay (due to your presenting as "rich")...

*shrug* tongue2

p.s. good topic... I too am very curious as to how others think/handle this....

On an average date I dont and would not spend more more than $60 that includes transportation and tip - she better hope I did not have to fill the car with gas that day

no photo
Fri 05/29/09 11:27 AM

Because men want to be chivalrous.

Because they think they ought to pay.

Because women who pay are seen as aggressive.

Beause men who don't pay are seen as moochers.

Dunno... pick one, or all. Plus there are more.
This standard is set and reinforced by society. There is no simple answer. It's like asking why boys can't play with dolls. They CAN.... society just does not condone or reinforce that is a good idea or even acceptable.

Therefore you are saying that it is okay for you to date a man and each time you go out you are paying and he is shuffling his feet with his hands in his pockets until you have paid

I am not talking about going dutch I am not talking about he asked you out and it was a little bit of confusion ---

I am talking about you are have agreed to go on a date more than once and you are always paying?

no photo
Fri 05/29/09 10:58 AM
At my age I often hear women say that they are spending time being a house mom or taking a break from work. I have found out that these are euphemisms for I AM UNEMPLOYED!

Allow me to be fair and describe what I mean

To me there is nothing wrong with being out of a job temporarily my idea of temporary is up to 6 months depending on what you do for a living, in some special cases longer.

When a man is unemployed and attempts to date he has a different set of criteria to meet since he is seen as the initiator. He has to have cash credit or savings in order to date. At no point can a man get away with going on a date more than once with the same woman without being expected to pay. unless he has an exceptional personality.

My one and only question: Why is there a double standard?

no photo
Fri 05/29/09 10:50 AM

I have to agree. Your main image should only be you.

I see an active guy with a man crush on his bro -

Saying that you are new to the city for a period of time says that you have not been able to score attention without an ad and have finally resorted to writing one - Is that what you meant to say?

Saying you are up for anything leads one to ask (from the suggestive picture) a girl can expect at some point to find herself in a room naked with you and your best friend? Saying that you are up for anything leaves the door open for some pretty strange things to occur and you are in Hamburg -

remove the first paragraph and replace it with the fourth paragraph your ad would make more sense

[I am very active, and always up for an adventure or trying something new... I have a big heart and I am super honest (so much so it gets me in trouble sometimes).

I am a project manager, and I work for a company that performs interior fitouts on the worlds largest privately owned super yachts. ]

this made me laugh you wrote I read

I am honest so it makes it easy for you to take advantage of me followed by I get angry when you take advantage of me and can act unpredictably.

I am not rich but do work for wealthy clients therefore one day I might be rich - do you want to see how long you can stick around while I try to get there?

That is just what another man read if you were talking to my sister I would tell her leave you standing there based upon your ad - but I can be wrong and there is always room for improvement

no photo
Fri 05/29/09 10:38 AM

post an add on craigslist smokin
So not going there.

Isn't that where serial killers shop for victims?

no photo
Fri 05/29/09 10:37 AM

Oh my gosh,
Were are all the good guys at?
The guys who wont fill my head with
make-believe nonsence. I really want a guy
who is real, and who likes me for me.
And whos a little bit clingy.
An who will hold me no matter what time of day.........
Any real guys wanna talk?

This is like sticking your head in a noose and saying pull! A nice guy that will hold you anytime you want to be held is most likely a nice guy that is lying and does not have a job or a life beyond your needs. Most girls say that is what they want but do you really want a whiny clingy guy? You may as well be hugging yourself.

If he is exactly what you ordered then either something is wrong or you are.

I know love is tough and getting someone to like you for you is even tougher. I would like to think that a perfect relationship is not shown to me on gossip girl, but it is found with that guy that has known you forever that you ignore to much.

You stay the girly girl and the mans man will find you on his own - good luck and happy finding

no photo
Thu 05/21/09 02:26 PM

Twitter is stupid!

I would not say stupid - just another layer of communication with a generation of people that have very little to say to one another

no photo
Thu 05/21/09 02:21 PM

don't get me started on homolezzerexuals grumble

laugh never heard it like that before

me neither just made it up rofl

And well done! :laughing: Got a giggle from me for sure

Just smile and the scary thoughts will go away

The voices in my head say that I am okay but you are the mentally ill one -

no photo
Thu 05/21/09 01:43 PM
I personally like mingle better it is more fluid. once you find a subject you can have fun with it

Twitter is just using a text pager (I gave mine up 20 years ago) the 140 character thing holds very little attraction for me

what about you

no photo
Thu 05/21/09 01:30 PM
Edited by Exempt on Thu 05/21/09 01:40 PM

offtopic offtopic offtopic offtopic offtopic offtopic offtopic offtopic offtopic offtopic offtopic offtopic

Me Like Mingle topics they are

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b2/Ralph_Wiggum.PNG

My pic of Ralph Wiggum from the Simpsons did not post - flayed

no photo
Thu 05/21/09 01:27 PM
offtopic offtopic offtopic offtopic offtopic offtopic offtopic offtopic offtopic offtopic offtopic offtopic

Me Like Mingle topics they are

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b2/Ralph_Wiggum.PNG

no photo
Thu 05/21/09 01:10 PM

i personally had a somewhat bad experience a few years ago while visiting a friend.before i went to visit,she told me her roommate was gay and i say "fine,just keep him away from me" but i also told her i was bringing my 9mm with me (because she lived in a bad neighborhood).

well the 3rd (and final)day i was there,i got woken up by her gay roommate saying "drop your pants and let me see it".my first thought was "WTF???",he kept on and kept on,finally after 10-20 minutes of this sh1t,i told him "dude you better turn your ass around and walk out the door or i'm gonna splatter your brains all over this wall!" and at that point i already had my 9mm in my hand cocked and loaded.he finally took the hint and left.i came home about an hour later and i have not spoken to her since.

i want to add,to any gay males that read this.DO NOT flirt with guys that you don't know if they are gay or not cause it could get you killed!.i'll be friends online with a gay male but the second he starts flirting with me,the sh1t's going to hit the fan!

also gays/lesbians say "we can't help who we are,just accept us".well guess what?straight guys can't help who we are and you're not goig to turn us gay by flirting with us,it's just going to piss us off!

I don't get it. You were threatening to shoot somebody that never touched you?

I get it - Personal space and self preparedness -

If a girl goes to see a friend and she ahe has a male roommate. He then puts the move on the girl by demanding that she strip without touching her.

I am sure the local police would not have a problem arresting the aggressor in that situation - does it now make more sense.

Gun or no gun the come on was uncalled for and unwanted. He did what was best for him to deter any further advances.

no photo
Thu 05/21/09 12:59 PM

Thanks for the help but I am very adept at putting my own feet in my mouth here is another example

WHY IS IT....

That Gay women are known for hating men
YET
Gay men are known for loving women

Is it penis envy?

no photo
Thu 05/21/09 12:59 PM

Well look at what I started.... LOL....

Glad I was the cool one and not the one who stepped on the toes

But I do get what you mean Exempt, I think... Except you may have not chosen the best analogy....Its more like..."popularity" in a way. I guess....some people see homosexuality as a way out. They think theyre different and decide to be "gay" because they do not fit in. I think is what you're saying. I am not AGREEING WITH Exempt, if that is what they meant....just helping them make a point...if it was needed....and maybe bringing up a new discussion which is........the "born gay" or "choose" to be gay argument.

But in my opinion..it goes back to what I said....its all the same to me...You do what you do and I do what I do. Let it be. No need to worry about it.

Thanks for the help but I am very adept at putting my own feet in my mouth here is another example

WHY IS IT....

That Gay women are known for hating men
YET
Gay men are known for loving women

no photo
Thu 05/21/09 12:54 PM
THese people that you say are faking it.. how do you know? Are you just guessing?

I have a few examples in my own personal life that I have seen people that I know that are faking it. In one case I know of a young lady that is unfortunately going to be very hurt when she finds out that her new girlfriend is just with her to make the previous boyfriend insane.

then I also know of another couple that are true and will do just fine. It really is a case by case thing and you NEED details to make a blanket statement like that about someone.

no photo
Thu 05/21/09 12:20 PM

It was an actual question. I was asking, as I don't know anyone who is faking being gay. I know some who aren't sure about how they feel, however I wouldn't call it faking.

I hope I shed some light upon what I meant initially -

Some are faking some arent - being you is far more important than what anyone else thinks.

At the end of the day it is you and the face in the mirror that you have to live with

no photo
Thu 05/21/09 12:11 PM

Faking it? Or are they curious about it and giving in to some feelings they've had?

Is that a real question or a rhetorical one ---

I see that you either have an issue with me thinking that some people are faking or you feel that I am insensitive to sexual curiosity.

I think the fakes are the flaunters of "Oh look at me I have turned gay" to be honest most people who really like you dont care as long as you are happy

to those that are exploring their inner feelings they have a tendency to keep it private until they are sure for themselves and then they discreetly let the world know who and what they are an how they feel.

If you would like an example of what I call a FAKE see Ann Heche - In general the public did not ask to know about her life she chose to include us in it in a big way. Since she has gone back to being a man lover her private life seems to be very quiet

Now Ellen's WIFE was very discreet about her relationships until it became significant for the public to be included