Community > Posts By > eunice49508

eunice49508's photo
Tue 12/02/08 04:40 PM

Hi, Eunice. We got a new lady, today. She is 100 years old with one arm in a sling. She tried to climb over the guard rails. We were glad the nurse was there when she tried. The nurse just shook her head when she noticed they had her in a room at the far end of the hall. The aides wheeled her bed and her by the nurses station. The resident was scared and the family gave the okay to restrain her if necessary but ours is a no restraint facility. With new admits comes the standard vitals and weight check. We were short handed as usual and one had to work a double. Thankfully the new resident is still in her right mind. We finally got a first break three hours into the shift. We all had a good day all things considering.:smile:

Glad your day was better. If we can stay positive in the stressful work situation we are in, it helps others to be that way too. We use patient sitters at the hospital. Helps in preventing falls. But they are considering cutting those jobs to save $$. The reason they started using them was to save $$ in the fall prevention!! And on it goes!!

eunice49508's photo
Tue 12/02/08 04:33 PM
They all get to make their own choices about sex no matter what we tell them as they are growing up. Just be glad that she came to you and keep the communication lines open. Make sure that you let her know that even though you don't approve of what she DID, you still love her UNCONDITIONALLY. Voice of experience!!

eunice49508's photo
Mon 12/01/08 07:08 PM

Eunice - they did a mini computer check on my car, said the fuel injectors were not spraying like they should so we put some cleaner in it, then the light went out. It came back on the other day, I think it is tied in to my computer as it has been acting up and some dash lights have been coming on, etc. I really don't want to replace the computer in the car, was hoping it would keep going for a long time yet, can keep my fingers crossed. The light went back out again, will keep hoping. Thanks for the info though.

Mine goes off and on randomly. Fortuantely, had a friend that hooked up the computer and found nothing wrong. I don't always trust the repair shops to find SOMETHING that needs to be done. Mine will come on sometimes shortly after filling my tank and taking the cap off and then back on will turn it off. Some will come on when the air in your tires is low!! Come to think of it, since I replaced a bad tire mind hasn't been on!!

eunice49508's photo
Mon 12/01/08 07:04 PM

Lighthouse, I loved your post!! I read more than I post too. I do post when I feel I have info to share that will help in some way. Always the Mom! Thanks for the smile and the tear!!

I also seem to end up as a thread stopper....why does that happen? that is another reason I often don't post.

eunice49508's photo
Mon 12/01/08 07:02 PM
Lighthouse, I loved your post!! I read more than I post too. I do post when I feel I have info to share that will help in some way. Always the Mom! Thanks for the smile and the tear!!

eunice49508's photo
Mon 12/01/08 05:59 PM
Also, your check engine light will come on at "reset" mileage. Then you go in and they just check your emission control "thing". Usually is ok, but you end up paying for it.
[
quote]

Roy - glad you are feeling better, those TENS unit do help a lot of people. Glad it is working for you.

Jax - thanks for your thoughts. I am looking into it, but the attorney told me it was "costly" to fight it and his retainer was $4500 and "he takes credit cards." What an azz.

I talked to the funeral director and he has an idea about trying something, may work, who knows. I am still ticked about it.

My freakin car is giving out on me, I can't afford this, the "check engine light is on now" and I think it is the computer acting up, I really don't need this. I have a leak in my roof and someone is going to help me fix that and several other things around here. Found out what a real friend is. I hate to ask people for help, but finally did.

Am almost done with the funeral stuff, meet with the pastor tomorrow afternoon to give him the article to read about dad (if I ever get it written), have to dig up pictures for the picture board, and make some more calls. Am still swamped with my typing, I was nuts to think I could do a third job, they have really increased their patient load since the last time I typed for them and I am paying for it big time. But pick up my last 2 tapes in the a.m., but am behind 23 or so jobs, and once they are done, will be back to my regular and part-time job, but the part-time is going to increase, he is opening his second clinic and I need more hours, so may end up working pretty much every night. But, I need to fix things around here, my car, other things, so will come in handy. Just dread working every night after working all day too. But won't complain with all the people out of work, I am grateful to have found the 2nd job, they are few and far between.

Hope everyone has a great week. Take care. Thanks for your thoughts and support, and listening to my rant. flowerforyou

Try checking your gas cap and turning it until it clicks three times. If it is open even a tiny bit a censor tells the engine not enough compression and it cuts off. Save yourself the little hundred bucks it cost me to find that out.

Also some trade schools at HS or community college do car repairs under the supervision of a Master Mechanic and it can save you a huge amout of money.

Keep the 1-800-PepBoys number in your purse they will pay for a tow truck to pull you in and add it to their bill. They only have certified IBS mechanics so they know what they are doing.

eunice49508's photo
Mon 12/01/08 05:52 PM

Marie, have you heard of any cases of people getting sick from taking flu shots. We have people calling in that were okay before they got our latest flu shots. I haven't had an adverse reaction but I guess it is possible. We have some that are real squeamish about needles. After I had the air injection shots they gave in the military needles don't scare me that bad. I hope you are doing okay.

People shouldn't take the vaccine if they are allergic to eggs. I choose not to take it because I don't put "foreign" materials into my body. I also do not take care of patients so my risks of getting the flu are slimmer.

eunice49508's photo
Mon 12/01/08 05:49 PM

Today went better. The DON told me to come talk to her. The letter write up she discussed with the person the write up went to. They both thought maybe I should ask for some vacation time since I haven't in two years since I have been there. One of our aides did drop a resident not on purpose but has lost her license and may be up on manslaughter charges. The resident's femur bone was broken and they had a metal brace on her leg. The big boss under the owner of the facility told me not to lift any resident that the doctor has designated as a two person lift by myself even if I can physically lift them. That being said since my coworker has been telling the DON that we are shorthanded the DON told the nurse that was taking one of our aide on our floor that no she can't take them and that we are supposed to have four aides and if one of their aides on another floor calls in that they have to get a replacement from somewhere else. It was a victory for the aides.:smile: The DON told me if I needed to come any time her door was open to me. The DON told me that the way we have been running shorthanded was just asking for an accident. What turned the battle was when I threatened to quit because she knew if I quit that the coworker would be ahead of me going out the door. The DON told me that if I needed a vacation I was okay for three days but any more and they would be too shorthanded. She also gave me a carton of eggs that her chickens had laid.:smile:

I work in a hospital doing staffing/scheduling. It is very hard to get good, dedicated help. You sound like a caring person and I hope you can keep your good, upbeat face on and just take care of those who need you to be there.

eunice49508's photo
Mon 12/01/08 05:10 PM
I'm not a hunter, but understand that the herds need to be thinned. I just don't ever want to end a life....but to each his own. I especially don't mind when people use it for food!

eunice49508's photo
Sun 11/30/08 05:13 PM
Good for you. My sister is bipolar and it is tough! People are slowly getting educated, but too slowly. It scares people!

eunice49508's photo
Sun 11/30/08 07:34 AM
Sorry, I appear to be a thread stopper---I'm afraid to post because the discussion seems to stop when I do!!

eunice49508's photo
Sun 11/30/08 07:33 AM

eunice49508's photo
Sun 11/30/08 07:27 AM
People, including family, tend to back away because they don't understand it and don't know how to help. They fear making things worse. Always remember, NO ONE CAN MAKE YOU FEEL ANY WAY--YOU DO THAT TO YOURSELF. That is the one thing you have POWER over--how YOU feel and how YOU react to others.

eunice49508's photo
Tue 11/25/08 10:07 PM

I thought your profile was very descriptive, clear, and concise. Very nice :) As far as that last paragraph...have you considered rewording what you wanted to express there to give it a more positive delivery, if you didn't want to lose the paragraph altogether?

Where did you live in Arkansas? I'm from Benton originally.

eunice49508's photo
Tue 11/25/08 08:24 PM
If he is not asking for advice, MYOB. You cannot control a situation you are not a part of and you don't want to get in the middle of another person's marriage. He cannot be treated any way other that what HE allows.

eunice49508's photo
Tue 11/25/08 08:17 PM
I love 'em....family, friends, and lots of unconditional love for all. Come to my house if you want crazy family that loves one and all.

eunice49508's photo
Tue 11/25/08 08:01 PM
Oldest person on record!

eunice49508's photo
Tue 11/25/08 07:56 PM
Sounds as if you are only looking for sex....if that is true, it's OK. If you would like to get to actually get to know someone, I'd decline too.

eunice49508's photo
Mon 11/24/08 06:53 PM
Sounds like a problem for YOU, not him. We've all got nuts in the tree.

eunice49508's photo
Mon 11/24/08 06:50 PM
She may have gotten scared. She was in a relationship a long time for her age and she may have decided she wasn't ready to take on another serious one too soon. Mature decision.