NinjasNeedLoveToo's photo
Fri 11/14/08 09:02 PM
from under

Fri 11/14/08 09:01 PM
fall apart

Fri 11/14/08 08:24 PM

My mom's friend has always called me ITCH, didn't know why.

Then one day I asked, she said she didn't think it was polite to call a little child a b!itch so they dropped the "b".

That's pretty funny.

Fri 11/14/08 08:23 PM
The last point is also appropriate. If perception affected reality then the viewing of the tape would affect what the tape showed.

Fri 11/14/08 07:56 PM
choker

Fri 11/14/08 07:36 PM
flakes snow

Fri 11/14/08 07:35 PM
I agree.

A lot of the power differences in that show are way off. There isn't a lot of consistency in how strong people are. Ichigo was about equal to zaraki when he first fought him, andshould be at several times more powerful than he was. But whenever they show any sort of comparative reference in their powers by showing them fight similar enemies, ichigo is never that much better, if at all. Quite a few things like that come up...

Fri 11/14/08 07:29 PM

“you can have no reality without perception”

and

“it is the perception that is affected by the reality not the other way around”

exactly

---------

if no one percieves it it is unknown there for it is not a true reality

it may be a fact but is not reality till it is perceived

----------

now once that fact become known (percieved) it becomes a reality

----------

it is a fact there are and was microorganisms before they were discovered

no doubt in my mind

but until they were discovered by man they were not a reality to man

yes they were real but not to man thus man could not perceive they existence but once man figured it out they went from real to reality

------------

If nothing is reality until it is perceived, then that would imply that reality is in fact affected by perception. If reality becomes such when someone perceives it, then that persons perception of it would affect what reality it became, if a different person perceived it, it would have been a different reality.

Now we have the difference of real vs reality.

To respond to bushido's last post.

Is it possible that cameras are unable to capture reality? There could be a difference between reality and what shows on video. What if when people have a different view of an incident, it is because it happened slightly different to each of them. Maybe a camera can only capture the average of the versions, or something along those lines.

To answer skyhook's question to me a while ago.. I don't have a version I believe yet. I have a bunch of theories that I cannot test anymore fully yet. So, all I have are discussion topics and not something I would try to claim as fact.

Fri 11/14/08 07:16 PM

:smile:Girls/Guys- what would you do if you really liked this boy/girl but he/she was going to be a virgin until marriage?:smile:Would you continue to go out with them?:smile:

as long as he has a fishing license..its all gooddrinker

Haha. Nice.

Thu 11/13/08 05:49 PM

take her to mcdonalds and let her order off the dollar menuflowerforyou

Nice. Champ.

Thu 11/13/08 05:47 PM
Yeah, I've thought about reading manga, but I can't seem to get into them as well. I stick to straight novels or animation/tv.

Thu 11/13/08 05:46 PM
The philosophical question would still ask is reality affected by perception.

My question still begs an answer, what is real.

Did the football play even happen?

Thu 11/13/08 05:45 PM
I really don't think someone else can answer this question for you. If you're attracted to men only you're straight. If you're attracted to both men and women, you're bi. If you're attracted only to women, you're gay.

I suppose there are degrees to this. Often times people are attracted to one gender or another but wouldn't have a relationship with them.

Then there is the simpler answer. There's no such thing as straight, bi, or gay.

I could say that it isn't that I'm not gay or bi, but that I've never come across on a man that I find attractive enough to want to be with.

Thu 11/13/08 05:36 PM
ticker

Thu 11/13/08 05:35 PM
Thats epically horrible. I like to track the growth of a character, especially with these types of shows in terms of power. Thats nearly impossible if they skip around at random. The last soul society arc should have taken place after the first hueco mundo one, simply because Ichigo was able to hold his transformation longer than he could before the hueco mundo arc. On the other hand, dialogue clearly shows that the events in hueco mundo aren't resolved yet.

Thu 11/13/08 05:32 PM
When you say science says there can be only one reality, it depends on the nature of the reality as you describe it. Science believes there are multiple dimensions, which could easy each be it's own unique reality. Science doesn't yet understand the way in which these dimensions interact with each other.

If you take any given event and all participants in said event and ask each person to describe the event exactly as it occurred, all descriptions will be different, at least slightly. So the issue becomes, does each person remember it differently or did it happen slightly differently for each person. Secondly, which person is right if it in fact happens the same for all of them.

Finally. What is "real". I'm not going to go matrix logic on you, but I used to freak people out in high school by proving mathematically that they didn't exist. I don't remember off the top of my head how, but it can be done.

Thu 11/13/08 05:25 PM
big disaster

Thu 11/13/08 05:25 PM
"Sherbear"

I hate it how anyone with a name that can possibly rhyme with bear, gets it in their nickname at some point.

Thu 11/13/08 05:22 PM
Are you saying she'd put you to sleep easily without drugs?

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 14 15