Community > Posts By > RickB1966

RickB1966's photo
Wed 06/10/09 04:17 AM
Oscar

RickB1966's photo
Wed 06/10/09 04:11 AM
Hi Liz!

That was some storm that rolled through your part of the country. Was it as bad as it looked?

Rick

RickB1966's photo
Tue 06/09/09 04:23 PM

The reason why I chose them was because they were the worst offenders of the 20th century.

This has been a good discussion overall. :-)

Rick
Hitler was not an atheist. So, your arguments are self defeating.
1 atheist, 1 non atheist would seem to me to break the idea that religion or non religion are what make people do bad things. My example of prison is also a great example. . . the idea of god in someones life seems to make little difference in there behavior regarding violence.

This was your theory . . . remember?
Seems you need a new theory.

Ah yes. Unless the conversion is geniune, then you'll see a life changed. If its a "jailhouse conversion" to get out on good behavior then I could see your point.

On Hitler. Maybe not a pure Atheist but darn near close to it. He was more Humanist. To me, the two worldviews are interchangable.

I was scanning some of the other posts and I see we're getting into some pretty way out stuff. Much of it debunked over the past several years. And we've drifted way off topic. So its obvious you're all going to believe what you want to believe so I'll just leave it at that. You know where I stand.

Not to mention I've given all of you plenty to talk about. :-)

With malice towards none, I bid the good Lord keep you and protect all of you! :-)

Rick
As he graciously bows out of this conversation

RickB1966's photo
Tue 06/09/09 03:55 PM

:smile: All I am saying Rick is that people kill regardless of the reason.:smile:

Hi again!

I understood what you meant and my comments weren't directed at your posting. I was merely expanding on what I said to make sure I wasn't misunderstood. :-)

You're exactly right. We are capable of killing. Religious preferences have nothing to do with it unless someone belongs to one of those extreme groups.

Have a great evening!

Rick

RickB1966's photo
Tue 06/09/09 03:41 PM

I wonder why alot of what's written can be taken the wrong way so often??? Humor is such a vital and complex thing isn't it? Where are all the silly sarcastic 30 and 40 something people out there? What do some of you think about using sarcasm, teasing, and overly serious people?

Hi there!

Interesting subject!

I'm game for being silly as the situation warrants. I just wish we had a place on this site to do it. Just because you hit a certain age doesn't mean you can't have any fun. On another site I belong to, we're always having virtual parties. Those are hilarious!

I appreciate good humor as long as it has a grain of truth to it.

Also love to poke fun at myself.

Look forward to reading what was said before me. :-)

Rick

RickB1966's photo
Tue 06/09/09 09:40 AM
Ooooh boy. Where do we begin here? :-)

First of all I'd love to see the study on the prisoner thing.

Its no secret at the world wide level that Stalin and Communism were based in Atheism. When the Iron Curtain finally came down in the 1990's there was such a spiritual hunger for something other than Atheism.

There's way more Christians being killed for their faith than any other group in the world today. Just look at persecution dot com and read the stories there. Voice of the Martyrs is doing great work in this area to help those in need. The vast majority of the political prisoners in many oppressed nations are Christians.

And back to Cain. When he and his brother Abel were presenting their offerings to God in Genesis, Cain's offering was rejected for he gave it with the wrong motives. So God punished him when he murdered his brother Abel.

Not to get into a long history lesson, but once Western Civilization began moving away from its Judeo-Christian foundations and institutions back in the 18th century, we ended up with the likes of Hitler and Stalin. The reason why I chose them was because they were the worst offenders of the 20th century.

This has been a good discussion overall. :-)

Rick

RickB1966's photo
Tue 06/09/09 05:36 AM
past

RickB1966's photo
Tue 06/09/09 05:35 AM
Jerseygirl!

Glad to know you're feeling better today! :-)

Rick

RickB1966's photo
Tue 06/09/09 05:31 AM
bass

RickB1966's photo
Tue 06/09/09 05:13 AM
:smile: Humans kill.:smile:That's no surpriseflowerforyou

People kill when God is forced out of the picture. Recent history is full of this. Hitler, Stalin, etc.

Rick

RickB1966's photo
Tue 06/09/09 05:10 AM

:smile: God didnt kill anyone. :smile: Humans did.:smile:

God doesn't kill anyone because god is a myth. I use god metaphorically to represent organized religion in this case christian missionaries.

Ummmm. Don't forget. In many of those cases, it was the missionary who ended up dying simply because they weren't immune to the diseases they were exposed to.

If it weren't for Paul's Missionary Journeys to Europe, Western Civilization wouldn't be what it is (or was) today.

Rick :-)

RickB1966's photo
Tue 06/09/09 04:57 AM
mast

RickB1966's photo
Tue 06/09/09 04:56 AM

Good morning Liz!

How's the weather? :-)

Rick
Hard to tell, but I figure it will be another hot one!!!!!!!

Really? We'll be lucky if we hit 70 today. Its been unusally cool for us in Northern Indiana.

Rick

RickB1966's photo
Tue 06/09/09 04:53 AM
Beyond the Sunset

RickB1966's photo
Tue 06/09/09 04:52 AM
investor broke :-)

RickB1966's photo
Tue 06/09/09 04:51 AM
caring

RickB1966's photo
Tue 06/09/09 04:49 AM