Community > Posts By > theseacoast

theseacoast's photo
Mon 10/02/17 03:47 PM
Nod

theseacoast's photo
Mon 10/02/17 03:42 PM
41 and still not married - not that I didn't want - I did. But only for someone whome I could trust. Never wanted to marry just to be married. Otherwise I could be married long ago. The only bad thing is that I shall probably never have kids - we women are physically limited in that way :confused: But hopefully the man of my life will have and I'll love them as my own.
Go for what you want, not for what others say.
Good luck

theseacoast's photo
Sun 10/01/17 10:23 PM
He is the reason why icebergs melt

theseacoast's photo
Sun 10/01/17 10:22 PM
Kiss on the forehead winking happy

theseacoast's photo
Sun 10/01/17 09:43 PM
Dew

theseacoast's photo
Sun 10/01/17 09:42 PM
Aloha, thank you for making room for me happy

waving

theseacoast's photo
Sun 10/01/17 09:41 PM
Ingratiating

Hey Maybwecan waving

theseacoast's photo
Sun 10/01/17 09:39 PM
Her sweet smile flowerforyou

theseacoast's photo
Sun 10/01/17 09:36 PM
Argo, it touched me. Really beautiful. Thank you for sharing flowers

theseacoast's photo
Sun 10/01/17 09:23 PM

Thank you seacoast for sharing, your words are beautiful and thought provoking.

I too have read the Native American proverb about not judging another unless you have walked in their moccasins for three days. I love this proverb and most of my life I have strived to live this way. And yes, it's difficult at times to do.

I remember years ago in my early adulthood, a single parent of a one year old, looking out at the sky, full of self pity and despair. I asked, well rather yelled at God, "Why". Why did I have to struggle so much as a child and go through so much abuse, what purpose did it serve and how the heck am I going to raise a child when I was raised in so much dysfunction, and with my being such a mess up myself?

I was looking at the sky, crying and yelling, begging for answers... when suddenly the sky seemed to open up. It was like a huge hole of light shined through the middle of the sky, and the words "So you would know how others have struggled, and in knowing, you will find compassion." came to me. And I felt a warmth pass through my body, a feeling that everything was going to be okay.

I have walked in many shoes since then, some not so pretty. I have found that through those experiences, I was able to have compassion and show mercy for others, but not so much for myself. And even still, with as many shoes as I have walked in, I still fall short of doing that with others. Perhaps because I haven't been as compassionate or shown much mercy for my own self.

Even that, walking in my own shoes, has helped me understand the struggle others have when they haven't forgiven themselves or shown themselves mercy.

Recently I have been given the opportunity to walk in the shoes of those who have experienced disasters and became homeless due to it. I hold tight to those words I heard long ago. There's times when I want to cry and kick my feet saying it's not fair that I should have to go through this, but most of the time I feel blessed that I am alive, and sad for the ones that are going through the same thing or much worse. And through this experience, I have finally found compassion for myself.

I don't think my shoe walking days will ever be over, I hope not. But maybe some comfy ones would be nice for a change, lol.

Thank you again seacoast :heart: flowerforyou :angel:

Edited for typos

My dear, dear Pisces, I have no words, you touched me to the bones. It's like somebody else describes you yourself, your thoughts although they talk about themselves. No I don't have kids, but your path, your search, your doubts and reassurance and hope are so very similar to mine...
Let me give you a big, big hug you brave woman. You are like my sister now. Shine, sweet one, shine bright and be proud of yourself, little angel flowers flowerforyou :angel:

theseacoast's photo
Sun 10/01/17 08:00 PM
flowers

theseacoast's photo
Sun 10/01/17 06:15 PM

Very nice thoughts and words.

Made me think of a few African Countries I was posted in, the poverty yet spirit of most of the people is both heartbreaking and inspirational.
So difficult trying not to become attached.

Nice write.

Thank you, Joe flowers I know you have a beautiful and compassionate heart and I'm so glad to know you flowerforyou

theseacoast's photo
Sun 10/01/17 06:10 PM

such beautiful thoughts flowerforyou

Thank you so much Sceptical flowerforyou

theseacoast's photo
Sun 10/01/17 06:07 PM

So again I realized my selfishness. Instead to be grateful for all the joy and happiness which I have received, I´m lingering in my previous wounds and self-pity. I once read a Native American proverb: "Do not judge a man until you've walked three days in his moccasins." How wise. And how difficult. Because when one feels pain or uneasiness, the easiest is to point on a culprit different than we are. But we do not know what's on the other side, we do not know what is in the other person what pain there is, what wounds... Maybe such that we ourselves would never be able to bare. How easily we are able to hurt the people around us by our distrust or our own ego. My Mom once told me the story: "One man was very dissatisfied with his life. He begged God to give him an easier life. God said to him: Everyone must have a cross. But if you want, you may change yours for some other, lighter. The man went, trying the weights of crosses and, after a long, very long search, chose the one that seemed the easiest. When he gave a closer look, he saw that it was his own cross."

I wonder what God sees when He watches us. What would be left of us, if we could see ourselves naked, without all of our strictly protected towers and walls that we build around ourselves? If we would, despite of all our fears (because everything comes from fear) remain completely defenseless? And if we could look at each other just the same? Maybe we would see each other in a completely different way. Maybe we would see that we are not that different. That the other person who is hurting others so much and is full of resentment, just can´t cope with their wounds and pain. Once, while I was working in a nursing home, there was one lady who liked nobody, treated others in a very bad way, me too. At one point, she had open door of her room, and I saw her sitting on the bed, crying. I ran over to her and knelt at her feet and asked her what had happened. And through her tears she told me that her children always come to visit her only to take money from her when she gets her social security, she was full of pain. So I stayed with her until she calmed down, I couldn´t do much for her, but I was there, stroking her hand and listened to her. The next day, she was completely different person, welcomed me, even saved donuts from her breakfast for me. Her demeanor completely changed.

It took me a very long time before I understood the difference: love the sinner and hate the sin, love the man although you disagree with his behavior. And this understanding is a comfort for me. Because who among us is perfect and does not make mistakes? We all need forgiveness, mercy, compassion and understanding. Who among us does not contain within themselves all good, but also all bad? And often we are on shaky legs when deciding what to choose, sometimes we are not even aware of the ways how we hurt the others.

We call for justice and always have it on our lips. But I am grateful that mercy exists...

Mercy exists..This is beautiful. Thank you for sharing.:heart: flowers

Thank YOU, my beautiful friend, you have a heart of gold.
Love you lots and lots flowers :heart: flowers

theseacoast's photo
Sun 10/01/17 05:34 PM
Had to digg it out, this old thread.

I am grateful for my old friends from here, I thought I was long forgotten after two years that I haven't been here and you made me so very happy with your messages and warm welcome. Thank you so much! If you could only see that big smile on my face! smile2

Big, big hug and kiss to you all flowers You are golden flowerforyou
Love you lots :heart:

Also big thank you to my new friends here, who accepted me so nicely. Looking forward to get to know you better.

You are awesome flowers flowers

theseacoast's photo
Sun 10/01/17 01:22 PM
Often

Have you ever wished that certain person was closer to you?

theseacoast's photo
Sun 10/01/17 01:17 PM
And another add

Needsome12luv and Amelling smitten

theseacoast's photo
Sun 10/01/17 01:08 PM
Oh my, how did you guess?the next person likes to watch the stars

theseacoast's photo
Sun 10/01/17 01:07 PM
pitchfork

theseacoast's photo
Sun 10/01/17 01:06 PM