Community > Posts By > DonnieDarko

DonnieDarko's photo
Sat 09/26/09 08:42 AM
well i have heard and listened to a few of the theories but only one seems plausable the one involving a solar flare. but other than that i could honestly care less. the human race needs something to be afraid of so they can forget that the have kind of pointless lives and the people that come up with these theories are right in line to make money off of those fears. and besides dying the next biggest would be dying with everyone. hence the bring about of the end of the world theories. but i could be very wrong. and in that case i have a little over 2 years to stalk up on supplies to ready myself to die with everyone else.

DonnieDarko's photo
Sat 09/26/09 08:32 AM
wait are you looking at me or am i looking at someone else

DonnieDarko's photo
Sat 09/26/09 08:32 AM
jam

DonnieDarko's photo
Thu 09/24/09 06:51 AM

DonnieDarko's photo
Wed 09/23/09 06:03 PM
nice

DonnieDarko's photo
Wed 09/23/09 06:01 PM

Well call me strange, but your story told me that a cigarette and a partner have similar aspects...

what comparisons did you see?

Take a cigarette...Enjoyable...Relaxing...You breathe it in...Light up it's life, as it does yours...A companion (of sorts) that makes you feel good, no matter what the surroundings are...Breath taking to the end of its life, addictive too... but...it can burn out all to quickly...

Take a partner...Throw in all the above, and no difference... :wink:

What I said on page one, which goes in line with your perspective on the cigarette....

you had it right

DonnieDarko's photo
Wed 09/23/09 01:57 PM
thats cool
a tornado just tried to kill some lepurcauns

DonnieDarko's photo
Wed 09/23/09 01:55 PM
stole my hair

DonnieDarko's photo
Wed 09/23/09 01:53 PM
hmm...a very interesting perspective
although the ciggerette in my poem has a fluxuating time span just like any relationship
it can take a long time or burn up very quickly

DonnieDarko's photo
Wed 09/23/09 03:43 AM
your all up early

DonnieDarko's photo
Wed 09/23/09 03:42 AM
well please come in and read

DonnieDarko's photo
Tue 09/22/09 11:48 PM

since you asked...
i have two questions for you

1) why did you choose to format this as a paragraph?

2) why do you feel the need to ask for validation instead of just putting a title and also in your responses you don't respond, you ask more questions...what is the point of this?

i know that is more than 2 questions but, hey you asked.

please do not take this as anything more than my curiosity i am a total novice and would never purposefully demean anyone who has the guts to put themselves out there like this...

well the paragraph thing is the style i just kinda happened apon and it has been fun so far

and i like to know what people think and why the think it. im not gonna tell anyone what it means to me that takes away from the beauty of the poem itself. id rather have people make their own meanings. and the questions help me figure out what the think it means.

i am not sure it does take anything away from the work. sometimes it is nice to know what the author is thinking in the write...but, that is what makes poems different then say, a book. in poetry every piece can mean something different to every reader. a lot depends on where we are in our life.

i think that this piece would be better served if it were written in a more traditional style. line breaks can be very effective at getting the emotion across...just an opinion...

and btw...i think you do have the makings of a good write here. i just dont think it hit its stride as is...

well thank you for your imput

thanks for the discussion and having an open enough mind to do so...

thanks for speaking lightly

DonnieDarko's photo
Tue 09/22/09 11:41 PM

since you asked...

2) why do you feel the need to ask for validation instead of just putting a title and also in your responses you don't respond, you ask more questions...what is the point of this?

please do not take this as anything more than my curiosity i am a total novice and would never purposefully demean anyone who has the guts to put themselves out there like this...

well the paragraph thing is the style i just kinda happened apon and it has been fun so far

and i like to know what people think and why the think it. im not gonna tell anyone what it means to me that takes away from the beauty of the poem itself. id rather have people make their own meanings. and the questions help me figure out what the think it means.

i am not sure it does take anything away from the work. sometimes it is nice to know what the author is thinking in the write...but, that is what makes poems different then say, a book. in poetry every piece can mean something different to every reader. a lot depends on where we are in our life.

i think that this piece would be better served if it were written in a more traditional style. line breaks can be very effective at getting the emotion across...just an opinion...

and btw...i think you do have the makings of a good write here. i just dont think it hit its stride as is...

well thank you for your imput

DonnieDarko's photo
Tue 09/22/09 11:29 PM

No.

It should be.... but I've seen plenty of cases where it's not.

i agree with this post

DonnieDarko's photo
Tue 09/22/09 11:27 PM

since you asked...

DonnieDarko's photo
Tue 09/22/09 11:20 PM

interesting

huh

ok why did you think i was compairing the coldness of life to snow

I live in the mountains, in the snow and it's bone chilling as life can be..
Nothing warms like a fire (I believe) and the sharing of a smoke is like the sharing of a blazing fire..at times.

but how would you compair warmth to love?

DonnieDarko's photo
Tue 09/22/09 11:07 PM
last time i did that i ended up with an idiot who couldn't do simple math.
but that wasnt the only mental flaw so i had to just go do something else
and walk away

DonnieDarko's photo
Tue 09/22/09 11:01 PM

interesting

huh

ok why did you think i was compairing the coldness of life to snow

DonnieDarko's photo
Tue 09/22/09 10:58 PM
yes

DonnieDarko's photo
Tue 09/22/09 10:56 PM

Well call me strange, but your story told me that a cigarette and a partner have similar aspects...

what comparisons did you see?

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25