Community > Posts By > charlief1

charlief1's photo
Fri 02/20/15 11:35 PM
maybe have a better picture of yourself happy

I really don't take a good pic. Even the pics of me in the Army look like crap.tears Guess I need to find someone that can try to take a better pic of my ugly mug.rofl

charlief1's photo
Fri 02/20/15 01:33 PM
I will point something out here, from the Bible. It's a reference to how a marriage is supposed to be.

For a Man SHALL LEAVE HIS FAMILY, and a woman shall leave her home.

It's written that way for a reason. When 2 people become a couple that means that the man should pay attention to his other half and hold her over all others. Why? Because he chose her and she chose him. It's a mutual partnership, which is how it should be. In turn, the woman should do the same for him, with consideration to her family. Woman are more concerned with all those she's related to and if you don't get along with them then you're gone, period.

As far as sex goes, I've got this great piece of ocean front property in Arizona that I'll make you one heck of a deal on. You don't need to see it or get an address since I know it will be perfect for you.rofl

Intimate relations means more than 1 thing, and include the physical side as well as emotional. If you can't share your physical side, and enjoy it, with the one you're involved with, how will you share your emotional self, since they're intertwined. I do believe in the God and Christ, but I also believe that when you find the right one you need to share all of yourself with that person, not just a small piece until you're married. Once you're married if there are issues with the physical side of the relationship then the relationship will suffer. I speak from experience here since I grew up in a house where my mother and father had some serious issues, as did my mothers parents.

My grandmother was a true Victorian era lady and wouldn't even consider sleeping in the same bed as my grandfather. Why? Because "he couldn't keep his hands to himself" was what I was told. My mother considered sex was intended for 1 thing and 1 thing only. My parents rarely kissed or even held hands. They weren't the best roll models or parents since my mother couldn't be intimate in any sense of the word. As kids she was more interested in social functions and how things appeared to her friends, rather than how things should be.

God made us enjoy sex so we would want to do it and any notion that it's evil isn't from God. God creates and the devil is the one that destroys things. He's destroyed the idea that sex is fun and should be enjoyed through a bunch of the "christian" cults out there in the world. there have been "christian" groups that've even mutilated the children of their sects because of "the dirty thoughts" that the children would have as they grew up.mad This sounds like the mentality you're from and that's just sad. Sex in a monogamous relationship is what should happen but in some cases doesn't. The animals that're "monogamous" aren't actually monogamous in most cases.oops While they will keep a partner for life the goose will still search out the best male to mate with. This has been documented in quite a few species and it's so that the strongest will survive and thrive.biggrin The ladies you've dated wanted to take you for a ride to make sure that they would enjoy all of their times with you, not just the ones in public. And while you may be practicing celibacy, it doesn't mean that you can't enjoy some physical intimacy. After all, celibacy doesn't mean sex free, it means a more selective behavior. Chastity does mean that you won't even hold hands because it's an intimacy that you aren't allowed.

charlief1's photo
Fri 02/20/15 12:39 PM

What about the goat. How did you cook it and did it taste nicenoway

You never heard of barbacoa? It's a common mexican dish and not uncommon here in Texas. Pretty tasty if it's done right.

I do have 1 pic of myself on here but I thought the one holding the baby was cuter so I used that as my profile pic. Guess I need to take a few more pics.

charlief1's photo
Fri 02/20/15 12:16 PM
Well you're in Albuquirky and I'm in rural Texas north of Waco. I haven't met to many from my area that are on the site but have seen quite a few that did get here at one time. I've sent a few notes and flirted but most try for a while and go away. I did find one 27 YO that claimed to be in Houston but it turned out she was 40 miles north of me, with kids and a fiance.rant I found her on facebook and contacted her man to tell him what she was up to.pitchfork Don't know what happened but that was that.tears Even had 2 that said they were local and both have said they're on "missions" in Africa.:laughing: Do they really think guys my age are that desperate or stupid?rofl

charlief1's photo
Fri 02/20/15 11:46 AM
One of the more interesting issues I've found is underaged on here. I found a 16 YO boy and a 15 YO girl on here with false profiles. I reported both but their ages were legal but put in the profile how old they really were. Kinda sad.

charlief1's photo
Wed 02/18/15 01:50 PM
I've got a simple philosophy on dating and have yet to have someone prove me wrong. Men are stupid and woman are insane. To quantify that I'll put it this way.

Men have to be stupid to put up with a lot of the BS that the ladies pull on us when we're dating. I had 1 girlfriend in college that got thoroughly pissed at me one night. She wanted to cook dinner and then we were going to go out for a movie and maybe some dancing. I had been in class most of the day and dinner wasn't ready, so she told me to sit down and watch some TV. Well I fell asleep waiting, and she hit me to wake me for dinner. She was pissed that I'd fallen asleep and threw a hissy fit about me being tired and not wanting to spend the evening with her. Didn't make sense then and still doesn't today.

My last girlfriend had one of her friends over and her car broke down. She volunteered me to fix it, and the whole time I was working on it she was pissed because I was showing her friend some attention.

Neither one of these situations should've caused an issue but they did for some stupid reason.

I must've been stupid to put up with this type of insanity but love does cause strange behavior. I'm pretty much a straight forward guy and will tell you what I'm doing, or going to do, and expect you to understand that. I also like helping others and if that makes you jealous then something must be wrong with you.

In my case, I told my ex I was going to go to the races at the track one night and wanted her to come with me. She didn't want to go but said she was fine with me going. I lived in Fort Worth at the time and was going to Waco for the races. I just got to the exit on I-35 when my cell rings, and she was upset because I was in Waco, even though she had told me she didn't have a problem with it. I called my friends and told them I wasn't going to make it and turned around to go home to keep her happy. I've always tried to keep a balance with my girlfriends but for some reason that one I couldn't figure her out, and we dated for well over 6 years.

The 2 sexes do see things differently but finding a mutual understanding, that we may be different, but we can work together to make a solid relationship where we both benefit and compliment each other. I do my best to help my other half if she asks, and sometimes when she doesn't. I do miss having someone there I can talk to as well as the other things a relationship has to offer, and that's why I'm still looking for the right lady.

charlief1's photo
Wed 02/18/15 12:40 PM
Hi, I would remove the part about the bad luck & not dating in 10 yrs. It leaves to much room for a woman to ask "10 years? Uh oh, something's gotta be wrong?"

Thanks for that I guess. I try to be as honest as possible but maybe to much honesty isn't a good thing. As far as the age range, I'm more interested in friends than anything else so I'm willing to keep it the age range low to just below my age. I did have 1 70 something lady that wanted "to get to know me" but that just didn't appeal to me. It actually weirded me out. I've actually had a couple of ladies in the early 20's send me notes trying to hook up. Took me by surprise and I guess that they've got daddy issues. One I befriended some time ago was mid 20's and she had been a stripper for a while. Didn't see her at work, but worked on her car a few times. Need to call and check on her but I'm still hoping that I can find a lady that wants kids with me.biggrin

charlief1's photo
Wed 02/18/15 11:39 AM
I'm surprised at how many men say they have read my profile yet I clearly state I'm not interested in older men. And I get 5 out of six msg from guys in their 50s or 60s saying how they liked my profile n want to chat with me....really?

Your profile is fairly clear, but you say you're more like a 25 YO? Don't you think a man can be the same way? Not saying that a younger person isn't/wouldn't be fun but if you want someone younger then you either need to become a sugar mama or make yourself over into a hottie. Not being critical here but if you want someone specific then you need to appear that way. I'm just an old country boy that is still trying to find one woman to settle down with. I've got a bunch of kids out here, but they're goats, not children. Now I just need to find a woman that wants to replace the baby goats with real kids, or at least practice a lot.:banana: :laughing:

charlief1's photo
Sun 01/25/15 01:57 AM
After 3months here in mingle2 i finally found a guy that fits my standards. The problem is his profile says he is up to intimate encounter :( slaphead

And you think the ladies are any different? I've only been here less than a month and have had cheaters and same sex offers from God knows what. I'm simple and straight and have had enough drama in my life, not to mention tragedy. Try talking to him and see if he's only trying to get laid or is just putting up a good defense. You may find what you are looking for or you may find a turd trying to polish himself up to look like a silk purse. Either way, you need to find out more before you decide if it's worth it or not. Good luck hun.

charlief1's photo
Thu 01/22/15 11:39 AM
There are different types of intimacy so you need to define this a little better. Can a parent be "intimate" with it's child? Yes, there's an intimacy that isn't physical in the manor you're implying. Can a relationship survive without some sort of intimacy? No, it can't. Does it need to be physical? No it doesn't. Now that that's clear as mud, you might want to ask your question again with a little better idea of what you're wanting to ask.rofl

charlief1's photo
Wed 01/21/15 03:16 PM
You stealing that Goat from a farm or something?laugh laugh

I live on a farm.tongue2 That's 1 of the goats that we've had to hand feed since her mama rejected her.whoa I was taking her in for her bottle. LOL I'll make a few adjustments and see what you think after I'm done.biggrin It'll be done tomorrow though.

charlief1's photo
Tue 01/20/15 08:04 PM
I can be a very creative person when it comes to writing but in this case I'm trying to be totally honest, and I think that's my problem. Not a player by any means but am serious about finding someone to spend my life with. What can I do to get better responses?:banana:

charlief1's photo
Tue 01/20/15 07:52 PM
Edited by charlief1 on Tue 01/20/15 07:54 PM
I am 34 and my husband is 66, I see nothing wrong with it as long as both are happy. To me age is and always will be just a number.

Got a younger single sexy sister in Texas?:laughing: rofl biggrin

I've dated both older and younger and at 10 year intervals both ways. I was 18 and dating a 28 YO woman and when I was 30 I was dating a 20 YO woman. We had a good time but the 20 YO had a habit of cheating and was dumb enough to bring the last *** to my house and start making out with him.surprised rant Left so I wouldn't do anything stupid. I'm actually looking for a younger lady so I might be able to have a kid. At 50 I'm in better shape than most of the guys in their 40's because I do a lot of physical work. I do have a bum knee but I know others that're 20 years younger that have worse knee issues.

It's all about prospective and how you behave. We all have little things that can drive each other nuts at times but it's how well you handle the relations overall. I do my best not to be possessive or jealous but it can happen. My last girl would get me to fix her friends vehicles and then fume at me about it because I did.what If I did ANYTHING without her she would get pissed and possessive and raise hell with me. I won't go into further details, but that was 10 years ago and I stopped dating because of her. I decided to try again so we'll see what happens.flowers

charlief1's photo
Thu 01/15/15 07:39 PM
The biggest issue I've found so far is the ladies and 1 guy just didn't read my profile, or just look at my age and decide that it's not worth it. Hell, when I was 18 I was dating a girl that was 28, and we had a heck of a time.:banana: For some reason the 1 guy was a year older and just wouldn't take no for an answer.frustrated I finally told him thanks, but he had the wrong type of plumbing, so he couldn't have a child with me. That got rid of him.rofl The other thing is, as you get older, age really is in the mind more than the number.

charlief1's photo
Thu 01/15/15 06:55 PM
Charlie welcome to the site.. We are in and out of here. Just pop in any time you feel like just a bunch of friends getting to know each other in here...
Thanks TXGal. I just jump over here once in a while at night to see what's up.

charlief1's photo
Tue 01/13/15 11:38 PM
For those of you that are under 30 I'd suggest that you look at your values and see if someone older than you might be worth looking at. I know that there's more than a few of you looking for a serious relationship, and all you find is horndogs or nymphos. I know you are looking for that "special person", but if you don't want to take your time to know more about them, then you end up with something quick that will fall apart sooner than expected, and then there's child support, courts, and a whole bunch of crap that you didn't expect to deal with.oops ill sad Find out about the person you are interested in and make sure they're wanting you for the same reason you want them. If they just want someone to support them or get out of their parents house, run, don't walk.noway If they want kids, do they want them because they want to have a legacy to leave behind, or just to prove something.rant Are they tender when you get together or are they more interested in what they can get from you. frustrated

This is just the ramblings from a guy that's been there, done that, and burned the T shirt more times than I'd like to admit.surprised

charlief1's photo
Tue 01/13/15 01:10 AM
Don't know if it's been mentioned, but look up Jimmy Stewarts one and only musical. It's been a long time but I believe it's called pot of gold. I've got it on tape but haven't found it on DVD or better media yet.

charlief1's photo
Tue 01/13/15 12:57 AM
Honestly it has been my experience that men over 50 are looking for women under 50. In general they seem to want someone that will make their x's look less attractive, I guess it just seems to me they are looking for eye candy and not really wanting a relationship of any kind. Most have been burned so bad that they dont want to share anything with anyone else. Correct me if Im wrong tell me if you're the one exception to my generalizing the over 50 male gender..

I don't care what my ex thinks at this point, I do want someone that's younger than I am though. Why? because I have no family to speak of and honestly want 1. I've wanted kids for a long time and God has chosen that I shouldn't have them yet. I've had several serious relationships and all but 1 cheated on me or screwed me over. I'm ashamed to say I did cheat on one, and still regret that to this day.

Yes, I do have baggage as well as other issues, and I served in the Army as an MP. I've got PTSD from my service and that may be part of my issues, and no I can't talk about it because it's classified, but I'm still here and haven't gotten lucky so far, thank God. The biggest issue I've found is very few ladies are willing to take the time to actually find out about you and become your friend first. If they're over 30 and not married they are looking for a quick solution, and if they're divorced and over 30, then they're bitter or jaded to some degree. We have a habit of damaging each other to some degree when we're in relationships, and that even includes our families.

The sad thing is those of us that are really simple (not minded Leigh)and want nothing more than a simple, uncomplicated relationship, never seem to find it.

charlief1's photo
Tue 01/13/15 12:33 AM

In your Mingle2 profile, you list your Marital Status as "Never married" and your Religion as "Christian - Other".

In the Christian faith, a single person is supposed to be celibate.
So, why are you complaining about being celibate?

I believe you mean chaste rather than Celibacy here. Might want to look up the actual meaning of each. It's one of the reasons that the Catholic vows state chastity.

As far as the time you've waited, I've waited since 05, and yes, I take cold showers at times.frustrated I took myself off the market 10 years ago because of my last girlfriend and have decided to actively look around again. I'm starting over and I'm a bit out of touch, which is kinda aggravating, but I'm willing to try again.:banana: The biggest issue you may have is finding someone real that wants to know more about you, and is willing to take the time to do it.

At 50 that means I've got ladies that are 5 or more years older trying to get my attention, and it's obvious that they've never read my profile, but looked at my pics only.rant I even had 1 guy try to pick me up, and I was very polite and said thanks, but no. He insisted and wanted me to text him until I told him he had the wrong plumbing and I wanted kids.oops Even get the girls that want me to text them and my guess is they want to do sexting or something. Just not the person I am or want to be, so I ignore them mostly. Ok, my rant is done but I thought I'd say hi and tell you you're not the only one, but if you really want one that won't cheat, lie, and steal your money, Then take some cold showers or use a wand and make some magic for yourself.tongue2 rofl drool

shocked Where are you taking that baby goat Charlie!!???!!!

j/klaugh laugh ...Welcome to Mingle!!flowerforyou flowerforyou

Well since you asked, I was taking it to your house.surprised You guys have nothing on my Buick brethren.tongue2

She was abandoned by her mama and had to be bottle fed. We've got several like that and they become like puppy dogs. We've lost a few but we do our best to keep them alive, and even feed them with an eye dropper if nothing else. Had 1 with her sister that we had to feed every hour on the hour and her name is lucky for more than 1 reason. Her sister died but lucky survived and has had kids so it all works out in the end.:banana: They will even ride the gator with us as we check the fences.rofl Tosha is a very sweet girl that will even walk up and butt you if she wants attention.laugh We even have 1 pygmy that will bellow if she sees you, and she isn't quiet about it.bigsmile

charlief1's photo
Tue 01/13/15 12:20 AM
OMG...I TURN 51 AT THE END OF FEBRUARY!!!!sad shocked scared Someone please shoot me since I have no woman in my life and no kids.surprised drinks tears If someone wants to hep me start a family that would be great.:banana: Don't think it's me, but you never know.noway

Previous 1