Community > Posts By > aussieguy288

no photo
Thu 05/14/15 03:06 PM
Go to the main page near your profile photo, click on Settings, then click on Limit who can send mail.

Laurie

no photo
Wed 04/22/15 10:37 PM
Click the Start button (for Windows7 or lower.. not sure where it is in Windows 8)Right click Computer, then right click Properties, then up on the top left you will see Device manager. Look down the list for DVD-CD ROM drives. Double click it or click the arrow which should display the DVD player you have installed. If it doesn't have any faults showing it may just need reinstalling. Right click the DVD player then click Uninstall. Once it has uninstalled close all the DVD player boxes, then highlight you name/or computer name at the top. Along the top menu icons left click the one on the right (end one) to do a scan. It should reinstall the DVD player. Or you can reboot your computer and Windows should find it and reinstall it.

That's all I can suggest for you.

Hope this helps.. Laurie

no photo
Sat 04/18/15 04:57 PM
Edited by aussieguy288 on Sat 04/18/15 05:01 PM
I think they have stopped the Instant Messenger as it was causing problems or similar. Click on Mail then send it that way.. see if that works for you.

Go to Settings and make sure you haven't turned off Messaging.
Also under Settings, Limit Mail Settings, check the ages you have set for others to mail you..

no photo
Tue 03/31/15 03:52 AM
Edited by aussieguy288 on Tue 03/31/15 03:57 AM
this site seems bad for them.. nothing much you can do.
Laurie..

I don't know who is being effected the most.. males of females.

no photo
Wed 03/25/15 06:39 PM
I also use Irfanview..was trying to remember how long ago I downloaded it and your pretty close to the mark.. 100 it is.. hehe

no photo
Sat 03/21/15 03:52 PM
if you don't want replies from other countries put it in your profile.

no photo
Fri 03/20/15 02:16 PM
I was going to upgrade but they don't have provision for Mastercard and I'm not signing up to PayPal. First site I've known that doesn't have both.. Visa only. So they missed out on a sale. If someone wants to meet me badly enough they will also contact me.. my theory!!

no photo
Fri 03/20/15 02:29 AM
Click Search at top of page.. then click Who's Online.

no photo
Thu 03/19/15 03:43 AM
I totally agree with you mate.. they soon show themselves for what they are. The trouble is they catch so many good honest people in their scams, who lose a lot of money and many don't get it until their bank account is nearly empty. You would think the penny would drop much sooner but it doesn't.

This is the bad side of the Internet.

Laurie

no photo
Thu 03/19/15 02:32 AM
I have to agree with you, I've had so called "girl"s contact me and all have turned out to be scammers. I just look at the age of them now and it makes me wonder why such "young and beautiful" women would want with a 70yo man.

They want to isolate you from messaging on here to Yahoo or Skype then it really starts. They soon get around to introducing the money angle.. after buttering you up with sweet talk etc.. that's when I tell them bye bye.

It's a shame that just about all dating sites have these creeps, they must con a few or they wouldn't persist.

I'm like you, I think there are many genuine people on here but I feel many just sit back and wait rather than making things happen.

Laurie

no photo
Tue 03/10/15 07:41 PM
I think there would be very few who could measure up to all that. You would have to be very much in love with your partner to even come close.
Many would think they could but reality would be a different story. Me included.
Thank you for posting it..

Laurie

no photo
Sun 03/08/15 06:08 PM
truth every time..
Laurie

no photo
Sun 03/08/15 01:48 AM
I can't see why not, in this day and age with everyone wanting to be equal.

I think if your friends before asking him and you ask in a loving sort of way and he is the gentleman type, and refuses you, I'm sure he won't hold it against you... I know I wouldn't, I'd be flattered.

Put it down to experience if he refuses you, it's all part of the learning curve.

Good Luck..
Laurie.

no photo
Tue 03/03/15 06:58 PM
Just be your natural self but being aware not to come across as a "Super Model". Focus on the other person by talking to them and asking them about them self and their interests. Let them ask you about yourself rather than you TELLing them.

Laurie

no photo
Sun 03/01/15 04:31 PM
I think your like 95% of people on here and your NOT boring, there is no harm in saying what you want. Hope you find the one your looking for... Laurie:smile:

no photo
Sat 02/28/15 05:49 PM
Click on the Contact link on the bottom of the page and tell them your problem.. better than letting it get to you.

no photo
Fri 02/27/15 03:44 PM
click on Settings, then click Turn on Instant messages, you will then see a small icon on the bottom right hand corner of the main page, click that to turn Chat on.. I haven't used it though.

Laurie

no photo
Sat 02/21/15 12:49 PM
If you don't know how to rotate a horizontal photo follow this easy way.

On your computer click on the photo to open it in Windows Photo Viewer ...
or any other photo viewer you have on your computer. Down the bottom of the
page you will see two rotating icons so you can rotate your photo either
way. Some other program viewers you may have to click Save. Then close the
viewer.
If the photo is upside down click the rotate icon a few times until the photo is in the upright position.

no photo
Thu 02/19/15 02:31 PM
scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Contact Us.. send them a message stating what your problem is and hopefully they will sort it out.

no photo
Thu 02/19/15 01:46 AM
I've been on POF and thought the same thing, hardly anyone bothers to view profiles. I can't believe the number of overweight people on dating sites now.
I'm new on here as well.
Laurie