Community > Posts By > DadCat

DadCat's photo
Fri 03/20/15 06:19 PM
Edited by DadCat on Fri 03/20/15 06:20 PM

There's a total solar eclipse due on the 20th March 2015 that should be visible in northern Europe :smile:

So I did follow the stories about this. I know the places for total eclipse were just near the Artic circle which made it difficult for many.

Did any of our Northern Europeans members here see this?

I would like to hear any first hand stories.

p.s. I'm looking forward to the Lunar Eclipse on April 2, 2015.

DadCat's photo
Fri 03/20/15 06:05 PM

In a long term relationship with man but not sure if that's what I want anymore we also have young kids together. I keep looking at women and curious what it will be like to go with one. Need help not sure what to do :/

These are my opinions. Take them as you will.
Note the neon sign above my head. It reads: "Don't believe anything I say".

Whatever you choose to do, you need to be honest with your current partner. I suspect by the lack of a photo and profile details that you are already heading down a path of not being honest to this man.

How do you expect him to feel and react when he discovers your behavior? How do you expect another potential partner to feel when they discover what you are doing? Have you ever watched the TV show Cheaters? A lot of emotions get stirred up and it is a messy situation. Your children may get caught up when the warring parents lose focus on them.

It is also a red flag to anyone serious about conversing with you as your profile has the trademarks of a scammer. You are not being honest to potential people you want to meet here either.

DadCat's photo
Fri 03/20/15 05:51 PM

Since when has JC been a celebrity???whoa whoa

I didn't think he was either... but he would be a great talk show host.

"Late Night with Jesus Christ"...

Conan and Kimbel would be knocked right out of the ratings

I'm guessing yenz two don't watch South Park...?

DadCat's photo
Fri 03/20/15 05:45 PM
Hello and Welcome to mingle.

I wish you the best in what you seek.

DadCat's photo
Fri 03/20/15 05:39 PM
I really am therefore I be.

DadCat's photo
Fri 03/20/15 04:27 PM
Welcome.

I'm glad you got that out of the way.

Moving on.....

Happy Spring flowerforyou

DadCat's photo
Fri 03/20/15 04:01 PM
Edited by DadCat on Fri 03/20/15 04:02 PM
Judging by the answers, I believe the question is being received ambiguously by this audience.

There are age appropriate answers as well as answers pertinent to whether your child suffers from separation anxiety. This is a common occurrence when the birth parents separate.

I do not believe it is important for any child of any age to be 'introduced' to people I am dating.

It will be an age appropriate choice to introduce a person with whom I am in a long term relationship to my child.

I do not equate a long term relationship with dating. The difference between the two is subjective.

I also believe that for an older child (teenage perhaps), it can be important to demonstrate healthy adult relationships. Letting the child know you are dating or seeking other relationships is important for development.

DadCat's photo
Fri 03/20/15 08:17 AM
Hello and Welcome to mingle.

I like your words about being a humble character with faithfulness.

I look forward to seeing more of your good heart and understanding here in the forums.

I wish you the best in your search.

And Happy Spring!flowerforyou

DadCat's photo
Fri 03/20/15 08:08 AM
Edited by DadCat on Fri 03/20/15 08:09 AM
Welcome to you Debby.

I like your words about love being a noble act of giving. I look forward to you showing your love here in the forums.

The best to you in what you seek.

And Happy Spring to all!flowerforyou

DadCat's photo
Thu 03/19/15 11:53 PM
Edited by DadCat on Thu 03/19/15 11:58 PM

Lets see your reaction the first time your kid tries to put something in the electrical socket of tried to bolt into the street.. anything that would bring immediate harm to them... wherever they may be.

This scenario is pivotal to non-violent parenting. The parent was neglectful for allowing the situation to occur.

The choice to resolve the situation by scolding (instilling fear) is relative to this quote.

Injecting fear into a child by any means remains detrimental when the child grows up.

This is another important aspect of non-violent parenting.

DadCat's photo
Thu 03/19/15 08:42 PM

If a parent finds spanking 'easy', I feel for them.

Children are inconvenient.

The phrase "spare the rod, spoil the child" isn't saying to spare the rod, instead spoil the child. It is saying if you spare the rod, you spoil the child.

Children are not food products.

in the sense of the law,, they are your property as you are held legally responsible for them,,,

Children are not slaves.

DadCat's photo
Thu 03/19/15 07:57 PM

I'm saying there is a way to encourage your child to learn many great things without being abusive. I think we just disagree about what is abuse, but I think if it's considered abuse to an elder or to a woman, it is also abuse to a child, sorry. That's my conclusion. I know it's popular, but not right.

Non violent parenting is a way to encourage your child proper behavior without being abusive. It is not easy. It is not popular however being a parent isn't a popularity contest.

DadCat's photo
Thu 03/19/15 07:43 PM

natural consequence: show him (it's usually my little nephew) where the mop is and paper towels. make him responsible for his mess

"Clean up your own mess."
All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten
by Robert Fulghum

DadCat's photo
Thu 03/19/15 07:05 PM
Edited by DadCat on Thu 03/19/15 07:19 PM
I practice non-violent parenting. Therefore scolding in public is abuse.

I ask all of the people here to look at this diagram and consider how familiar it is to the wheel of domestic violence. If you can imagine your child as an adult partner, you would not verbally abuse (scold) them in public. Considering children as less worthy because they are not grown dismisses them as humans.

I consider my child to be my equal so spanking doesn't go with my beliefs.

I knew we could find some common ground Estelle. Kudos to you on your parenting beliefs.drinker

DadCat's photo
Thu 03/19/15 06:39 PM
Hello.

I am a single parent myself. I will offer you my personal opinions.

Your question is very broad as to suggest there is a simple answer. It is not simple. The human species has a lot of new brain development going on from about 11 years old until they reach about 22 years old. There is a great PBS Frontline series which specifically addresses these changes called "Inside The Teenage Brain". During this time, there are also the hormonal changes which define us sexually. The combination of these changes create a lot of emotional and mental stress.

I ask you to consider having a talk with your son and explaining your values about sexuality and love and relationships. This will be an awkward discussion but it will be necessary. There is a book I recommend called "The Good Vibrations Guide to Sex" which can be supportive to you and your son in helping him understand a healthy attitude towards sex and human relationships surrounding sexuality. I suggest you read it first and then use it as a guide for the discussion. Maybe just leave it out on the coffee table for him to read as he feels.

My best to you in your search and the challenges of raising your son. Feel free to post here or send a letter to me. I will be happy to give you some of my insight and experience. Perhaps we can learn from each other. I could always use another parent's perspective.

DadCat's photo
Thu 03/19/15 10:53 AM

Met him at the lake and we spent the whole day together . ..

making me laugh .. Eat my shorts :-)

are panties included drool
laughing .. Naughty boy come closer :heart: :heart: :heart:

I foresee Fox and Blondie's Room as a new topic....laugh
Nice to see :heart:.

DadCat's photo
Thu 03/19/15 10:48 AM
Edited by DadCat on Thu 03/19/15 10:48 AM

First real kiss ... I kissed a girl and I liked it.. blushing
I was 14 ..

Was never the idea to go there, I'm into men. Clearly sometimes things just happen ... blushing

I believe love is love no matter the gender. No need to blush.

DadCat's photo
Thu 03/19/15 10:46 AM

I was 12 when I had my first kiss its strange though because the person is actually on mingle lol

Interesting situation.

Do you talk or is it too awkward?

DadCat's photo
Thu 03/19/15 10:28 AM
Welcome to mingle.

Sorry about that. So many just look at the photos and not the substance. Just follow the link from WonderWoman. She is truly a wonder woman.

I wish you the best in your search.

DadCat's photo
Thu 03/19/15 10:23 AM
Welcome to mingle.

I have visited Taipei.

May I suggest more substance to your profile.

Best to you in your search.

Stage 5 Clingon? Yeah, I have that problem too.

This is very common in SF. I always watch where I am walking...

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 24 25