Community > Posts By > DadCat

DadCat's photo
Mon 03/16/15 02:38 AM
Hello Lauren.
I see that you have noted in your profile your preference.
I hope you participate in the forums. I would like to learn more about how you cope with being a single parent as I am one also.

DadCat's photo
Sun 03/15/15 10:39 PM

The individual that I have been trying to ask out is a really good friend that has indicated interest but is worried about ruining the friendship

First it does seem there is a mutual interest so I encourage you to follow your heart:heart: . I believe that the best relationships are based on friendship.

I understand your concern as I too experienced this with someone I had a deep love as a friend. We did have a date and we still remained friends. If you and your friend have a strong relationship then it will survive.

DadCat's photo
Sun 03/15/15 10:22 PM
I saw this old topic and thought it deserved resurrection. I hope this time there will be more participation in the topic.

What was the most profound realization you've had about yourself?

That I am capable of having raised my child by myself for many years and overcome the obstacles of a system which had no capacity to support a single male parent. I forged the path that now exists to provide the necessary support.

DadCat's photo
Sun 03/15/15 09:37 PM
Edited by DadCat on Sun 03/15/15 09:38 PM
Good Afternoon Mikey and Mekay!
I do hope you both have another beautiful day.flowerforyou

DadCat's photo
Sun 03/15/15 08:59 PM
What I find interesting about those who speak of money (whether they place it first, second or on par with love) is that they believe the current paradigm that we must use currency in order to obtain the physical needs to survive. This is the mentality that causes so much grief and suffering in our world not the least of which is all the wars for oil and resources. Only if we choose to accept this mindset is there a necessity for money.

I ask that we all consider that we can survive without money if we were able to choose selflessness over greed.

DadCat's photo
Sun 03/15/15 05:37 PM

I just need a hug, I feel lost :cry:

May our words and hugs help you find the direction you seek.

flowerforyou (((Debbie))) flowerforyou

DadCat's photo
Sun 03/15/15 05:29 PM
Welcome to you.

You will find the forums are a good way to meet others and learn how to build trust and relationships.

This is not fb so it for you to make it happen. A profile of substance is a good way to distinguish real from fake so I suggest adding some interests and personal words to yours. Then see if a potential interest has actually read your words. Easy to separate the wheat from the chaff that way.

best of luck in you search.

DadCat's photo
Sun 03/15/15 05:24 PM

well in the U.S. you work until you can't anymore.. then you retire.. then you are bored out of your mind because you were used to working everyday since you were a teenager... then you die

but hey... have a great cheerful day :) Lol

Such optimism Devildog!what

DadCat's photo
Sun 03/15/15 03:48 PM
Welcome sassy.

as you can see there are many friendly people here in the forums.

Please join the discussions.

I look forward to your participation.

My best to you in your search.

DadCat's photo
Sun 03/15/15 03:41 PM

I'm trying to say the truth, that's why I added that sexism against women affects men...

This is your belief. It is not the truth. I challenge you to provide supporting data or a reference for stating this as truth. You will note a distinct difference in my words.

We just need to bring the women up, the men can stay where they are ...

I take exception to the idea of up and down as applied to men and women and gender roles. I believe this is a fundamental flaw in your arguments which provoke accusations of misandry against you. It is a 'tell' revealing an underlying bias. I would encourage you to continue to reconsider your use of these terms.

I also caution you not to label it as a 'fight' as this implies a winner or loser. Both men and women lose in that scenario.

mightymoe is correct to note the difference between sexism and steretypes.

You make good points in many of your arguments and I do consider your words carefully. It is sometimes difficult to understand the negativity towards men and women when you are challenged. However, this is the beauty of this conversation. Without it, we might become oomplacent in our evolution.

DadCat's photo
Sun 03/15/15 12:00 PM

Women's Day is supposed to be a day to remind us of how far we have come and how far we have to go. It's about trying to attain equality for women.
Men's Day is not about that, it's about celebrating men and also a day of awareness of the issues that are particular to men, gender inequality is one of them because sexism against women affects men too.

Your focus is again sexist.

If you believe sexism against women affects men too then:

Why can't you say men's day is a day to remind us of how far we have come and how far we have to go? Why can't it be about trying to attain equality for men?

Why can't you say Women's Day is about celebrating women and also a day of awareness of the issues that are particular to women? Why isn't gender inequality is one of them because sexism against men affects women too?

This can be done with most of your words. You choose to apply to suit your particular beliefs to your words and then extend them to all men and women.

DadCat's photo
Sun 03/15/15 08:54 AM

Not at all. No offense, it is an honest question. If animals don't need a father figure why do humans? And if animals aren't monogamous why do humans need marriage? I think this question merits an answer.
But if I am correct, then a woman should only think about a man's looks.

I challenge the premise of equating humans with animals. We are much more intelligent and evolved both biologically and mentally.
A human child requires much more than just a sperm or egg donation which is what I believe your words attempt to do by equating the human specie with animals.

I do accept that we humans have many characteristics similar to animals. There is much research to support the notion that women make different choices in her relationship with a man based upon biological and emotional needs (looks vs support?). Men and women do have biological differences which benefit procreation of our species.

I also accept that I am attempting to describe complex issues within a limited forum so I understand others may want to take issue with the simplicity of my words.
Be gentle please.flowerforyou
Thank you.

DadCat's photo
Sun 03/15/15 08:34 AM

It looks to me like red6mist and Estelle79 were meant for each other.

Perhaps everyone should consider that they are one in the same as they both make very derogatory, offensive and patently sexist statements against both men and women. They both post no photo and have profile locations which contradict their English language skills.

Again, the idea that we are being played for a term paper or grand social scheme should not be easily dismissed.

I also see the good affect their offensive words have on others in this community. They provoke the defensive mechanism in the best people here giving me insight into the genuine and distinguishing them from the players. They do have redeeming qualities despite their obvious provocations.

DadCat's photo
Sun 03/15/15 08:03 AM

Greetings from Maryland...

And no.. I never met President Obama or Michelle.... No matter how close his big WhiteHouse is to my tiny one.

Welcome to mingle.
Don't worry. We won't judge you for your neighbors.laugh
Good Luck.

DadCat's photo
Sun 03/15/15 07:48 AM
Edited by DadCat on Sun 03/15/15 07:52 AM

Looking for someone to have fun and new friends...

Welcome and enjoy the ride. It is fun and interesting.
Join us in the forums and participate and learn.
You may find a friend there as well.

welcome my fellow cebuana !

And, as you can see educational too.
I just learned a new word.
Thank you for that elle_rose.

DadCat's photo
Sun 03/15/15 07:45 AM
And the beat goes on...

DadCat's photo
Sun 03/15/15 01:48 AM

Thank you yellowrose for the wonderful acknowledgement. flowerforyou

6. When you need a big hug, there is no better hugger in the world than a man who loves you (this one goes out to my dad, grandpas and brothers. They have given me the most amazing hugs over the years).

My child would definitely agree with this. I expect they will pass on the trait.

DadCat's photo
Sun 03/15/15 01:32 AM
Edited by DadCat on Sun 03/15/15 01:33 AM

That after so many heartbreaks my heart will just stop letting people in.

I just met someone who is claiming to have similar thoughts. Her profile changed from seeking marriage to activity partner. I am sharing my words with her in the hope it will not become deactivated. I have learned a lot from our conversations about healing. I worry she will disappear and that would be very disappointing to me.

I trust you will be able to heal from this and move forward Myka.flowerforyou

DadCat's photo
Sun 03/15/15 01:16 AM
Edited by DadCat on Sun 03/15/15 01:19 AM

Putin is really loved by most of his people...

Yes, our world is full of people who enjoy wars and the leaders who promote and sustain them. Leaders are rarely recognized or popular for avoiding conflict and promoting peace.

DadCat's photo
Sun 03/15/15 01:04 AM
Because, today, once again my child's mother has disappointed them by not being able to keep her commitment to spend time for a visit. :cry:

I guess this is a two-for-one request.
I will be happy to pass along hugs for my child.

1 2 9 10 11 13 15 16 17 24 25