Community > Posts By > Aria2009

no photo
Tue 03/24/09 11:28 PM
I'm curious to find out how many people you normally communicate with online...

I think girls usually have multiple people contacting them. Guys may be in this situation, too.

I personally have found it to be very difficult to keep emails/calls going concurrently with more than ... a couple people. I do want to take my time and focus on getting to know them (if there's interest).

What do you do then? Maybe hide your profile in the mean time?

no photo
Sun 03/22/09 10:24 PM

Right on, you seem sweet, sorry uve had bad luck with dudes

Very kind of you... appreciate your responses.. I'm still very green when it comes to the online world. It's been interesting and overwhelming to say the least.

The man in question was only the 3rd person I met in 2 months. My preference's always been taking the time to feel connection via emails/phone calls and then meeting in person.

It's a bit shocking to already have encountered an "unsual" situation as this one. To many of you who've been around the block, this is probably no big deal.

I hope I get over the shock factor soon enough to be able to approach future dates originating online with ease.

no photo
Sun 03/22/09 10:17 PM

Can I ask why u do NOT have a photo up?? Just curious

Just joined this site today, don't have pics on my work pc.. plan to do it tomorrow.

no photo
Sun 03/22/09 10:05 PM

He's just not into you........

Yeah! that seems to be the consensus and ugly truth! :)

Out of curiosity, he's not into me... I'd expect him to be ultra active on finding his next date on the site. And yet he's switched from looking for dates to friends? He's back together w/ a former girlfriend!

no photo
Sun 03/22/09 08:13 PM

If your not getting any response from him, just cut your losses, and consider it his loss.

Thanks for the insights!

no photo
Sun 03/22/09 07:59 PM

My thoughts are forget it (and him) and keep on keepin on. Don't get hung up on any person after the first date and think it was you. So many others out there, just date like mad, and eventually something will come of it.

You're absolutely right! I think I'm hung up only 'cause I really liked the person (not yet romantically) and felt high level of connection intellectually. He'd definitely be someone I'd love to be friends with.

I'm certainlly still very inexperienced when it comes to the online dating thing. That's why I'm seeking your expert opinions so I can get some closure and move on! :)

Thanks!

no photo
Sun 03/22/09 07:46 PM
I went out with a man met online and had a great time on the 1st date. I've no reasons to believe that it didn't go well.. although I don't think I gave plenty of positive signals.

As we're saying goodbye, he asked me to call him sometimes and left it at that.

After just one date, I wasn't completely sure he's a great match but I'd definitely love to spend more time to get to him better. After a couple of days not hearing from him, I figured I'd email him to let him know I enjoyed the time. He emailed back with a nice but brief message which was not open ended and did not require a response. At the same time, I found that his profile's changed from dating/long term to friendship! We'd both only be on the site for a few months.

Well... I'm feeling a little bewildered and not sure why the sudden change. Perhaps it had nothing to do with me or the date. But because it happened right after the date, I couldn't help but to wonder why.

Your thoughts?